How many different vegs with Christmas Dinner?

Comments

• Kernow666
    Kernow666 Posts: 3,480 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    roast potatos
    carrots
    sprouts
    turnip

but also for me cos i'm special

Broccolli & Sweet potato ( mashed )
    "If I know I'm going crazy, I must not be insane"
  • Roast potatoes, roast parsnips, carrots, sprouts, broccoli.

(perhaps mash and/or green beans if I am in the mood)
  • Mrs_Soup
    Mrs_Soup Posts: 1,154 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Roast potatoes (lots of them so no need for other kinds of potato), sprouts, parsnips, and probably carrots and peas. We don't have starters or a big breakfast.
  • goggle
    goggle Posts: 442 Forumite
    roast potatoes, broccoli, brussel sprouts, carrots, peas

Elderly parent insists on doing Christmas dinner but gets the "easy option" from Asda where possible these days so it's entirely possible that instead of broccoli we will end up with a broccoli-cauli pre-prepared pack & instead of peas we may end up with one of those peas-sweetcorn-carrot type mixes too so it could well go up!

I would like to add roast parsnips too because they are my favourite but nobody else ta the table will eat them so there is no point!
  • themull1
    themull1 Posts: 4,299 Forumite
    Am i the only person who just does roast potatoes and no mash? my mam never did mash either....
  • bunty109
    bunty109 Posts: 1,265 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    themull1 wrote: »
    Am i the only person who just does roast potatoes and no mash? my mam never did mash either....

Mash is a new one on me too!

Roast pots, peas, carrots, broccoli, green beans & roast parsnips here. Cook up way too many and then have bubble and squeak on Boxing Day with cold meat.
    MFW 2019#24 £9474.89/£11000 MFW 2018#24 £23025.41/£15000
    MFi3 v5 #53 £12531/
    MFi3 v4 #53 £59442/£39387
  • themull1 wrote: »

Nope, never had mash as well as roast potatoes and I can't get my head round cauliflower cheese with a roast dinner (cheese and gravy?) or Yorkshire puddings with anything other than beef and sweetcorn with Christmas dinner just seems wrong - I rate it as a Saturday/midweek more casual veg.
    Over futile odds
    And laughed at by the gods
    And now the final frame
    Love is a losing game
  • bunty109
    bunty109 Posts: 1,265 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Nope, never had mash as well as roast potatoes and I can't get my head round cauliflower cheese with a roast dinner (cheese and gravy?) or Yorkshire puddings with anything other than beef and sweetcorn with Christmas dinner just seems wrong - I rate it as a Saturday/midweek more casual veg.

Lol @ "casual veg": true (although Yorkshires in this house with every roast)!! :rotfl::rotfl:
    MFW 2019#24 £9474.89/£11000 MFW 2018#24 £23025.41/£15000
    MFi3 v5 #53 £12531/
    MFi3 v4 #53 £59442/£39387
  • roast potatoes and roast parsnips, petite pois peas, dark green shredded cabbage, sprouts and parsnip & carrot mash
  • scaredy_cat
    scaredy_cat Posts: 7,758 Forumite
    i don't get the idea of mash and roasted together in the same dinner either!!

i'll have roast pots, roast parsnips, carrots, sprouts and possibly a roasted onion.
    Cats don't have owners - they have staff!! :D:p
    DFW Long Hauler Supporter No 150

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family