How many different vegs with Christmas Dinner?

Comments

• We don't like turkey or sprouts, so we have just the main course of roast beef, Yorkshire pud, roast spuds, roast parsnips,carrots, braised red cabbage and broccoli. Afterwards we walk the dogs and come home for a pudding of apple and almond sponge and custard as nobody likes Christmas pud. I end up with a freezer full of braised red cabbage to last me some time as I make a large dish.
  • suki1964
    suki1964 Posts: 14,313 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Roasties, carrot and parsnip mash, red cabbage, petit pois , sprouts and mash

However I cheat like mad and buy ready made red cabbage and mash, the peas get nuked and I make the carrot and parsnip mash in the morning when cooking the gammon. So the only veg cooked on the stove is the sprouts. Makes for an easy life
  • Fosterdog
    Fosterdog Posts: 4,948 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I cook roast potatoes, roast parsnips, roast butternut squash, mashed potato, mashed sweet potato, peas, sweetcorn, carrots and greenbeans.

I cook a ridiculously huge amount of food for xmas dinner but it does go on to feed us for several meals
  • balletshoes
    balletshoes Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    we have
    roast potatoes, mash potatoes, carrots, peas, and sprouts (of course).
  • Mashed potato, roast potato, honey glazed parsnips, carrots, broccoli and cauliflower.

Does stuffing count? Its sage and onion - and onion is a vegatable isn't it haha.

Not a sprout in site has there ever been or will there ever be! :D
    Having a coke with you
    is even more fun than going to San Sebastian, Irun, Hendaye, Biarritz, Bayonne
    or being sick to my stomach on the Travesera de Gracia in Barcelona
  • themull1
    themull1 Posts: 4,299 Forumite
    Roasties, carrots, sprouts, asparagus, parsnips.
  • pollys
    pollys Posts: 1,756 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Roast and mash potatoes, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower and sprouts.

Another one who loves the Boxing Day fry-up along with left over Turkey and stuffing.

Polly
    MFW 1/5/08 £45,789 Cleared mortgage 1/02/13
    Weight loss challenge. At target weight.
  • Faith177
    Faith177 Posts: 2,927 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 1 December 2014 at 1:03PM
    We have roast and mash potatoes, carrots, broccoli, sprouts, peas, parsnips, red onion and collie cheese so we have 8 if you class roast and mash at the same 9 if not

The 3 tier steamer really comes into it's own this time of year

My mum just puts it all the one plate but asks before what people want first as there isn't that many of us normally only 4

We do a lot of veg mainly as my brother is vegan and his looks a little boring with his quorn family roast thing if there isn't a lot of veg on the plate. We have to do him a sperate mash though so it doesn't have proper milk or butter in it (fussy so and so lol) oh and he has to have different gravy too
    First Date 08/11/2008, Moved In Together 01/06/2009, Engaged 01/01/10, Wedding Day 27/04/2013, Baby Moshie due 29/06/2019 :T
  • Pookle
    Pookle Posts: 506 Forumite
    We have roast potatoes, mash potatoes, red cabbage, carrots, peas, parsnips, cauliflower cheese and a gratin of sprouts. Yum, can't wait!
  • Kernow666
    Kernow666 Posts: 3,480 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    potatoes , turnip , sprouts also for others we have Parsnip , Broccoli , Sweet Potato ( mashed ) and cauliflower
    "If I know I'm going crazy, I must not be insane"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport