To get to 11 stone or no Australia trip

Options

Comments

• dawyldthing
    dawyldthing Posts: 3,438 Forumite
    Options
    I made it to Zumba, really enjoyed it. Because it was quiet she asked for any requests and I did have a favourite but can't think for the life of me what the song is. So I'm going to try and work it out through spotify. Theres no gym today as there shut Friday and Monday due to the bank holidays :( but I think I'm going tomorrow after work and Monday inbetween shifts to try and keep up going.

I've worked out there's 36 weeks until my December pay packet, which I would love to tie in with me getting to 12 stone too as then I can hopefully book for early January (I've got an idea which dates I would like to go, but I want to make sure all money is in place and weight loss mostly done ideally) and sometimes seem to start the countdown to help motivate me with things (like I did it for saving for the house and it worked).

The other good thing is my mums suddenly decided she also wants to lose weight, which is good news for me as she can sometimes be a bad influence. She lost loads of weight and put it back on again. There's a photo on our fireplace from when we were in Rome when she had lost all the weight, so hopefully we will will each other on too.
    :T:T :beer: :beer::beer::beer: to the lil one :) :beer::beer::beer:
  • purpleshoes_2
    purpleshoes_2 Posts: 2,653 Forumite
    Options
    There's soo much advertising on 'fat free', 'low calories' etc. I saw something on Facebook the other day (I think it was in the paper too) where someone had lost something like 10 stone by putting photos of there dinners on Instagram and then towards the end going to the gym and showing what she was doing. But it literally was just eating normal food just putting salad with it. But they didn't look the same person. I'm going to try and find it in a minute

I think she was following a slimming world diet if its the same article I read the other day.

Slimming world isn't for me, I do Paleo, but whatever works for you works for you.
  • dawyldthing
    Options
    I think she was following a slimming world diet if its the same article I read the other day.

Slimming world isn't for me, I do Paleo, but whatever works for you works for you.

I'm not following a diet other than trying to do james duigans clean eating as much as possible. I might try one when I seem to stay the same for a bit as I keep toying with the idea, even if it's more for the healthy receipe ideas
  • dawyldthing
    Options
    Been on the scales today at work and I were 14 stone 10 and a half pounds. But at home I was 14 stone 7lbs. I think I'm going to go off the one at home as although I originally thought works are best I started off weighing at home so think I aught to stick with it. So I've pretty much lost 3 stone from the start. I cannot believe it, more so as I danced around the kitchen reminding my mum that there's only half a stone between us (there were around 3 stone plus difference at one point and boy did I used to get ribbed for it all the time) so I took great glory in celebrating. Plus I think it dawned on my mum so hopefully the cream cakes won't keep coming in as other than sometimes getting a sausage roll on the go I don't normally bother. I'm a bit partial to a cupcake now and again, but that might need to hold off until my birthday in November (if I'm 12 stone 7lb for my birthday or less I'll be ecstatic.) I picked the dog up earlier to weigh her and she weighs over 2 stone. I was quite chuffed when i said I've lost the same as you in weight :)

I'm quite surprised to be honest as I've not been overly strict on the diet (have had chocolate eggs and a couple of creme eggs, a cake with strawberries in it, had a huge dinner at ladyboys of Bangkok too).

So I think I'm going to start and write what I have daily on here. I many times have to say to myself 'a minute on the lips a lifetime on the hips' and if and when I get it off I'm tempted to get it tattood somewhere to remind myself. But I do need to watch what I eat and when. I'm taking a su away for a few days in a few weeks time as this weeks was cancelled, which will be a challenge to cut down on but I really really want to stay on track.

So here's to the next 2 stone 7 lbs (or 35lbs) to go :)
  • kal25
    kal25 Posts: 569 Forumite
    Options
    :hello: hi, you're doing really well. i am in similar position. I joined a gym last september after having baby 5 and feeling very unhappy about how I looked. I started well but then xmas came and lots of stuff got in way same with new year. I was also diagnosed with having osteoarthritis in jan. For me getting fit is just that, its never been a weight thing and i dont own scales.... I always go with how my clothes fit and maybe take measurements.
    I have just started a weight loss course tho with the gym as I figured it would keep me motivated and give me an idea on if i'm heading in right direction. I have already lost 3kg since jan and I've only started regular sessions since feb.
    In regards to your workout in gym it is better to change what you're doing whether it is like you say do the recline and change the amount..or increase your level ...it's a good way of telling your fitness and makes your body work harder..otherwise you just get used to it. I do this by changing the amount of time I do or level i'm doing at and if I find it hard going keep telling myself one more minute till I'm at where my target time was (if that makes sense).
    Like you I don't do diets but I think you can do it by eating better and doing as you do by increasing your exercise and feeling good is definitely a good motivator...as is Australia
    :smileyhea:heart: Mrs Lea Nov 5th '11 :heart::smileyhea
  • lauraj87
    lauraj87 Posts: 290 Forumite
    Options
    Well done! You're doing really well
    Member of Quidco and Dooyoo

Working on building some savings for 2013
  • lippy1923
    lippy1923 Posts: 1,374 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Dawyldthing. I have just read your whole thread while enjoying the sunshine and you have done really well so far. Congrats :D

I also heard that weight loss is 80% diet 20%fitness/workout...... From 2 personal trainers!

I like to set myself mini goals and break up my overall goals into manageable chunks. My current goal is to lose half a stone by June. To do this I am going to bootcamp 3 times a week and having my health blast every morning. I recently purchased the nutribullet blender and it's now my favourite toy! Just put all your fav fruits in and then add things like kale, spinach, avocado etc and top with flax seeds, almonds - easily reaching my 5 a day with just this one smoothie each morning. And you dont even taste the nasty spinach lol. And its filling and lasts me till lunch.

I feel that if you start the day healthy and positive it really helps keep you on track for the rest of the day.

I tried the gym membership thing, went for a month and then cancelled as I was going on my own, it got boring, there was no direction or support unless I paid £40 for an hours PT. Classes were always booked up on the days I was free to go so I stopped it.

Now I have found 2 local bootcamps. They are PT's that offer these group classes at such a great price. I pay £35 for 12 sessions. I pay upfront so I have to go or lose my money.
    Have you got any bootcamps local to you? Its an all over body workout with strength training to tone up and fight fat. Highly recommend it.

I will be lurking with interest. Good luck with your goals :)
    Total Mortgage OP £61,000
    Outstanding Mortgage £27,971
    Emergency Fund £62,100
    I AM NOW MORTGAGE NEUTRAL!!!! <<Sep-20>>

• dawyldthing
    Options
    I wish in some ways Id took measurements to start with as I know weight can plateau when muscle is built (I think it's that). It is a nice feeling when you put trousers on that was originally tight and are now loosening. I know even finding a belt before was a challenge, so might try and see what belts are available. Have you got a target too? There's a personal trainer round here that advertises as 'dig in, don't give in' and I no end of times end up repeating it to myself. It does work though often to spur for the next bit sometimes
    kal25 wrote: »
    :hello: hi, you're doing really well. i am in similar position. I joined a gym last september after having baby 5 and feeling very unhappy about how I looked. I started well but then xmas came and lots of stuff got in way same with new year. I was also diagnosed with having osteoarthritis in jan. For me getting fit is just that, its never been a weight thing and i dont own scales.... I always go with how my clothes fit and maybe take measurements.
    I have just started a weight loss course tho with the gym as I figured it would keep me motivated and give me an idea on if i'm heading in right direction. I have already lost 3kg since jan and I've only started regular sessions since feb.
    In regards to your workout in gym it is better to change what you're doing whether it is like you say do the recline and change the amount..or increase your level ...it's a good way of telling your fitness and makes your body work harder..otherwise you just get used to it. I do this by changing the amount of time I do or level i'm doing at and if I find it hard going keep telling myself one more minute till I'm at where my target time was (if that makes sense).
    Like you I don't do diets but I think you can do it by eating better and doing as you do by increasing your exercise and feeling good is definitely a good motivator...as is Australia
  • dawyldthing
    Options
    Are ace, I do like smoothies and like tropics a Orange juice too. Mind you I've never had my monies worth out the gym membership. My theory was if I kept seeing it dripping out my account Id eventually keep going, it was on,y when I said to myself 'right you've done the other 2 things you wanted to do before 30, now to start towards the third). I have wobbly days (like i bought a chocolate bar for sleepover - mainly to keep me going as they are long long shifts. Will be getting one tomorrow too though as I'm needing something to get me through) but overall I feel a lot better from it all. I'm pretty physically fit with walking yo work, it's just doing more to lose the weight.

We did buy a smoothie sonit might be something I'll use more. I will have to dig it out. I know the trainer I spoke to said yo eat little and often, so kind of trying that too.

The guy who advertises 'dig in, don't give in, runs some boot camps but also helps give nutrition advice so I'm thinking of enquiring in a few weeks to get extra ideas as i know once he showed one transformation and it was amazing. It's definately something I'm going to think about though as it depends on the days as my shifts can be a bit erratic at times, it's only because me and a collegue swapped that it's been half decent but the team leader has other ideas for next month :mad: should find out next week
    lippy1923 wrote: »
    Hi Dawyldthing. I have just read your whole thread while enjoying the sunshine and you have done really well so far. Congrats :D

I also heard that weight loss is 80% diet 20%fitness/workout...... From 2 personal trainers!

I like to set myself mini goals and break up my overall goals into manageable chunks. My current goal is to lose half a stone by June. To do this I am going to bootcamp 3 times a week and having my health blast every morning. I recently purchased the nutribullet blender and it's now my favourite toy! Just put all your fav fruits in and then add things like kale, spinach, avocado etc and top with flax seeds, almonds - easily reaching my 5 a day with just this one smoothie each morning. And you dont even taste the nasty spinach lol. And its filling and lasts me till lunch.

I feel that if you start the day healthy and positive it really helps keep you on track for the rest of the day.

I tried the gym membership thing, went for a month and then cancelled as I was going on my own, it got boring, there was no direction or support unless I paid £40 for an hours PT. Classes were always booked up on the days I was free to go so I stopped it.

Now I have found 2 local bootcamps. They are PT's that offer these group classes at such a great price. I pay £35 for 12 sessions. I pay upfront so I have to go or lose my money.
    Have you got any bootcamps local to you? Its an all over body workout with strength training to tone up and fight fat. Highly recommend it.

I will be lurking with interest. Good luck with your goals :)
  • dawyldthing
    Options
    I've just seen someone mentioned about shzam, I know our leisure centre has advertised it so might give it a whirl one week
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport