Three choices in life; Give up, Give in or Give all you've got!!

Options

Comments

• please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Sun_Addict wrote: »
    Well done Lucky - back on the waggon :) Oakley is a little darling xx Glad grandma is ok, you are SO lucky to still have a grandma, I haven't had one since I was 12 :(

I certainly am lucky SA. My other Grandma passed away on my 22nd birthday, so even then I had her quite a while. One Grandad died before I was born, the other when I was 16. Still miss him Xx

It was not me the photo has been photo-shopped i am innocent it was the gold fish!

Heh heh, think he'd blame the cat (not least because we don't have a fish :rotfl:) Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    I'm home alone! Boys and DH have gone trick or treating with friends and I'm manning the front door. Loving the peace and quiet (in between door knocks)!

Yesterday was MiL's 70th birthday, so we went out for a meal. Don't think the scales will like me tomorrow after sticky toffee pudding AND a slice of birthday cake! :o.

Boys went back to school today so the countdown to Christmas begins. I haven't even started yet and usually I'm almost done. What's more worrying though is that I have no idea how I'' going to pay for it this year as my savings pot is empty :eek:.
  • Knit_Witch
    Knit_Witch Posts: 4,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    You will find a way Lucky - you always do!
    Must use my stash up!
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    What a day!

Started at 7.30am with a phone call from one of Mum's neighbours. She's on a cruise at the minute and this guy is feeding her cat, only the cat hasn't eaten anything since Friday :(. I went round after school drop off and took cat to vets, who suggested putting him on a drip overnight at a cost of £360 :eek:. Couldn't make that decision on Mum's behalf without speaking to her (no mean feat on a cruise!) and instead vet gave the cat an antacid injection and I took him back home, with the promise of taking him back if I thought he'd got worse.

Then I phoned my Grandma who promptly burst into tears as she's hating respite care so much. Took her out for an emergency coffee, but she didn't want to go back. She's ended up back at home tonight after begging them not to make her stay any longer.

Lost a pound at chub club, only good part of the day.

DS1 has been dumped tonight :(.

Feel like I've been hit by a bus.
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    PLMBL i'm so sorry you had a carp day yesterday.

Fingers crossed the cat is on the mend.

Is there anyone other than you that can help with Grandma at home?

Well done on losing that pound :).

DS will be fine and will no doubt bounce back in a day or 2, its a regular thing with my DS, thank goodness DD is not that bothered apparently boys are too much effert (said in a teenage moan) and she prefers horses :rotfl:.

Make sure you take care of yourself xx
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • Brightspark87
    Options
    Hi lucky

A pound is great well done! Penny is helping for sure - especially now she likes going for regular walks. I tend to do over 10,000 steps a day and its amazing what a difference that makes. Sure you will notice it too! (Don't worry about the lead thing - he is most likely teething and once you are through that stage less likely to chew everything!) as for nicking a hot dog - cheeky little monkey... I hope all is well xx

Paid off all Catalogues 10.10.2014
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,627 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Hope today was much better lucky.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Grandma is now in hospital which is both :( and :D. She has a bowel and water infection and was feeling very poorly and confused this morning so an ambulance was called. She's been on a drip all day and is feeling a bit better tonight. I'm pleased she's getting treatment but disappointed for her after just getting home last night. PWPS, my Auntie does way more than me for Grandma bless her, as do other family members, but I like to help out too.

Cat was slightly better this morning and I have been using a calpol syringe to get water into him throughout the day. My sister then had the fab idea of getting some 'soupy' style cat food and syringed a bit of that into him too which he tolerated. Fingers crossed he's brighter again tomorrow.
  • chevalier
    chevalier Posts: 7,937 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    HI PLMBL
    sorry to hear you had such a bad day. Poor puss, poor grandma and poor DS1! Glad that grandma got to hospital and is being looked after. those type of infections can be very dodgy in the elderly.

Well done on the weight loss
    chev
    I want a job that is less than an hour driving away from my house! Are you listening universe?
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Grandma was supposed to come home from hospital today, but has taken a turn for the worse. Waiting for a bladder scan as she's unable to pass water.

Cat still not eating/drinking voluntarily so still visiting Mum's a couple of times a day to give him water etc via syringe. Mum back early hours of Sunday.

DS1 needed an Xray today :(. No broken bones but soft tissue damage.

Majorly fallen off the diet wagon. Large glass of wine poured and much comfort food consumed :o.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport