We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Three choices in life; Give up, Give in or Give all you've got!!

Options

Comments

• please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Today has been a NSD :T.

PiP form finally completed :j. Will cast a fresh eye over it tomorrow and then get it in the post. Really don't understand how people think claiming benefits is easy :mad:. War and Peace is shorter!

Another good day on the eating plan (apart from the few suicidal pringles that leapt into my mouth :o). Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • Knit_Witch
    Knit_Witch Posts: 4,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    how long do they give you to fill the form out Lucky?
    Must use my stash up!
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,699 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Well done on completing the PIP form. I bizarrely quite like filling forms in but didn't like filling in Mr SA's PIP form at all. Until Mr SA got ill I'd never claimed any sort of benefit other than child and I'm sure you're the same. I really don't know how anyone manages to fiddle them. Luckily I had pages and pages of medical reports to include in the claim - it was never questioned and they didn't want to see him. Good luck.
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Knit_Witch wrote: »
    how long do they give you to fill the form out Lucky?

About 3 weeks KW. I still have 10 days left to return it Xx
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Sun_Addict wrote: »
    Well done on completing the PIP form. I bizarrely quite like filling forms in but didn't like filling in Mr SA's PIP form at all. Until Mr SA got ill I'd never claimed any sort of benefit other than child and I'm sure you're the same. I really don't know how anyone manages to fiddle them. Luckily I had pages and pages of medical reports to include in the claim - it was never questioned and they didn't want to see him. Good luck.

I also have reems of assessments/reports by Consultant Neurophysiologist, Consultant Neuropsychologist, Epilepsy Nurse, GP and Social Worker. Fingers crossed it's enough and we get the result you & Mr SA did. I know DH deserves the benefit, but it doesn't stop me worrying!! Xx
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,699 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm sure you'll be fine, you have plenty of evidence to back up the claim. Mr SA was awarded until 2017 so I suspect I will be filling in forms again next year. In all honesty I really don't think he was expected to last this long :(
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • Brightspark87
    Brightspark87 Posts: 1,466 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hi lucky sorry to missed a few things!

Well done on that PIP form - I was helping a client with that the other day I have never seen such a reem of complicated questions!! well done on a NSD too - I've got a feeling my June target of 5 will not be met as there always seems tob e something to pay for at the moment. xxxx

Paid off all Catalogues 10.10.2014
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,961 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    I do PIP forms & i don't find them difficult.
    Just what you are used too.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • mary_hinge
    mary_hinge Posts: 1,585 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    I've found the PIP forms easier then the DLA forms however I found the PIP forms were more worded for physical disabilities and slightly biased in the way they score. That said I have done about 8 now for friends and other families that needed help and have always agreed the award matched the needs..... I'm sure Mr L will get the award he is entitled too.

I'm shoving missy H's off to one side :cool: no problems doing other peoples but tackling my own is totally different!!

Mrs H x
    Living in a superhero induced haze :A:A
    "You did good Kidda!" :D
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Thanks all! It's not that I found the forms difficult as such, just pressurised to make sure I got everything in that they were 'looking for' in the right places. Having the descriptors and scoring to hand definitely helps and I agree that PIP forms are better than the DLA forms, but I can't help but worry about it even though it should be fine. Anyway it's in the post now so couldn't add anything now if I wanted to!

Quite a spendy day today - £30 diesel and £64 food shop. DS2's fun run still went ahead despite the rain :eek: this afternoon, so now we are wrapped up warm in pjs with the heating on :o. It's blinking June for goodness sake!!!!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family