Three choices in life; Give up, Give in or Give all you've got!!

Options

Comments

• NoOneAround
    NoOneAround Posts: 1,822 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Coz I is [STRIKE]stoopid[/STRIKE] a pushover and I love seeing my boys happy Xx

Love that Lucky:) - seeing your kids happy beats seeing ....a bin?:rotfl: even if it is an all singing all dancing one;)
    I think I also is a [STRIKE]stoopid[/STRIKE] a pushover:o:rotfl:

Admiration as always, even if quietly in the background
    NOA
    x
    Feb2014 Total unsecured debt £72,520>>01/06/16 £68166>01/02/17 £66,600=8.18%PAID
    Mortgage Jan14=209,800 Jan15=£200,300 Jan17£180,700>OCT17 £170,200
    Health/Fitness Challenges Priority#1 Stay Fit and healthy - whatever it takes:)
    Wombling Free Cash May2016 £51
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Lucky I would have done the same, I have lost count how many times I have saved amazon vouchers for something for myself to end up spending them on the kids, so I am a pushover too, or maybe I just like a quiet life :o.
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • Eager_Elephant
    Eager_Elephant Posts: 4,714 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The boys have been pestering me for an Xbox game recently but I've been saying no as its not a special occasion. Today however, I caved and doubled £20 of clubc@rd vouchers I've been saving into £40 so I only had to put £2 in to buy the game. The new kitchen bin I wanted will have to wait! I also cut out a voucher for £1.50 off my shampoo, which was on special at £2 anyway, so I got it for 50p instead of £3.85 :D.

I am not going to say anything about buying things for the children over yourself as I think most parents do the same.

Just a quick heads up, in case you did not realise, Game do a trade in service so you take in your old games and they pay you an amount in cash or a larger amount if you spend in store http://www.game.co.uk/en/games/trade-in/

Failing that if you have any kind of exchange shop they will do similar - CEX is a national chain of exchange shops as well.

I think someone on here does this for her son, she gets him to go through his games when he wants a new one and he exchanges his old games for new - Win, Win.
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Thanks all, glad I'm not the only one!! EE, we regularly use CEX, but it was £43 second hand in there, which was more than it was brand new in Mr T!

DH and I have had a bit of a falling out. He's currently sitting looking like a puppy who's been kicked :(. I'm sick of always having to be the patient one who has to repeat herself over and over. Fed up.
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Feeling a bit better now, sorry for the whinge! I know it's not DH's fault that he forgets things or picks them up wrongly, it just annoys me that he knows he can only concentrate on one thing at a time yet he started to do other things instead of listening!! Then had a melt down that he didn't know what was happening :mad:.

Anyway, NSD so far today as we've only been to the park. Not sure if it will continue the rest of the day or not, as I need a birthday card either today or tomorrow. None of the ones I have in are suitable.
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,532 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    You did the right thing Lucky - your boys will get lots of fun from the game but there's not a lot of fun to be had from a bin. I totally get you re getting angry with Mr Lucky, I am often the same with Mr SA. It can be so very frustrating at times and neither of us expected this did we? Big hugs xx
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Thanks SA, that means a lot Xx

5 years tomorrow since the accident that changed EVERYTHING :eek:.
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,532 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Wow 5 years! A long time of going through the mill. For me it's 3 years since things weren't looking good for Mr SA. I can't believe he's still here to be honest. But hey we've both survived a very bad experience and that's got to be an achievement :)
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,663 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Sun_Addict wrote: »
    Wow 5 years! A long time of going through the mill. For me it's 3 years since things weren't looking good for Mr SA. I can't believe he's still here to be honest. But hey we've both survived a very bad experience and that's got to be an achievement :)

A massive achievement both SA & Lucky.
    :D
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Thank you both :A. It does feel like an achievement, particularly as DS1 said he was pleased we weren't saying 'It's been 5 years since Dad died' yesterday :eek:.

We had a lovely day at one of my best friends' wedding yesterday. They were doing everything on a shoe-string budget but you couldn't tell, and it was a fab day. My gift to them was to pay another bestie of mine (a photographer) to do their official photos as she (the bride) wasn't going to have any. I got mates rates so it cost me £60, but it was worth every penny to see my pal happy. She's had a tough year since losing her Mum and she deserved a nice reminder of her day.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport