Three choices in life; Give up, Give in or Give all you've got!!

Options

Comments

• brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    So so glad Edinburgh was great. We spent NYE there last year and we loved it too.

Have a great break off work and enjoy it all..hope Mr Lucky remains well

Xx
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Just stopping by really quickly to say all is well. Yesterday was my Mum's 60th birthday so we all had a family meal which was lovely. The days are whizzing past but will be back to update properly soon. Hope everyone is ok Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Back again!

Feeling a bit fed up. DH has been Mr Angry again, DS1 has been a greedy, stroppy whingebag, and to be honest I'm sick of being the peace keeper. I do everything I can to make people happy and it never seems good enough. Starting to feel quite negative and anxious again and I REALLY don't want to go back down that route :(.

Took the boys swimming this morning.

Gained 1.5lbs at chub club.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,634 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Big huggles xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    Perhaps sometimes you let things play out? I don't know to be honest as I repress most possible arguments (!) but perhaps with DS let him say/do the unsayable/undoable - to let him understand the impact his actions have. Being told it is wrong is different to learning it is wrong?

That said I do think your situation is difficult as you have to consider DH and his condition all the time, I presume he does/says things he shouldn't and you make excuses or more accurately explain? which you know, I guess you have to. And that rounds back to DS who needs to figure the difference between him and his Dad, which must be difficult to deal with in moment when dealing with his own anger.

I know we say this and you had that one night out...........but Lucky you will go nuts if you don't have time out. And I am not talking about another have to go to like the weight loss thing, I think you need a coffee with a friend or a walk or a bath or something that you do on your own. Christmas - without meaning to brings a lot of pressure and you have been "on" more than usual and frankly you are "on" all the time.

Take some time for you.
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,515 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Big hugs from me too xx 1.5lbs gain is very respectable for Christmas. Sorry to hear Mr Lucky and DS1 are being ungrateful so and so's. Keep calm and think it's their problem not yours, you've done your bit, let them deal with it. Please don't feel negative, it's them not you xx Stuff 'em.
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • brizzledfw
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    As ever Buffy talks a lot of sense..

..do listen, hon

xx
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • brizzledfw
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    ..and SA..(of course ;))

(our posts crossed! :))
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Thanks all. I think you are right, I need some time out. I have had a headache for days which won't shift and it isn't helping my mood either.

DS2 has woken up in the night every night except Christmas Eve for the last week. On top of that I didn't sleep well when DH was bad over Christmas either, so I'm tired which also doesn't help.

DS1 got way more than he should have for Christmas, yet still had me out spending his Christmas money/vouchers yesterday. Even that isn't enough though and he's acting like a spoiled brat.

DH has been very snappy and everything is a problem or is negative. It's dragging me down.

Aaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh.
  • brizzledfw
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    How about a glass of whisky? ;)

Or a cup of tea?

And lets work on how you get a break...how about roping in MIL? Even if you just use the time to have a sleep, read a magazine and give yourself a manicure

x
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback