We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Three choices in life; Give up, Give in or Give all you've got!!

Options

Comments

• Dolphin1
    Dolphin1 Posts: 855 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Happy New Year PLMBL, hope it's a good one for you!
  • StressedSteph
    Options
    Happy New Year PLMBL

I had exactly the same problem last night, trying to persuade two 11 year old boys to go to sleep at 2am!! :eek:

Disconnecting the wifi working in the end :rotfl:

Hope you have a wonderful 2016 xxx
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Happy New Year PLMBL xx
    Mummytogirls x

• mary_hinge
    mary_hinge Posts: 1,585 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    :beer: Happy New year Lucky, You have achieved great things in 2015! Bring on rollercoaster that will be 2016...... you will smash it!

Mrs H x
    Living in a superhero induced haze :A:A
    "You did good Kidda!" :D
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Happy New Year everyone. Hope 2016 brings you good health, wealth and most importantly happiness Xx

We managed to stay up and see in the New Year. Kids too :eek:. Very quiet evening though.

Today we've been to my Mum's for lunch. NSD (hopefully first of many) and lots of fattening food (last of that for a while - not long now til my Sister's wedding :eek:). I've also taken down all the Christmas cards (tree and decorations will come down over the weekend) and have cleared out DS1's pj/undies drawer and his trousers. Everything that is too small is bagged up waiting to go into the loft for DS2 to grow in to. I know how to party!!!

2015 saw 'only' 3 full seizure episodes which is the lowest since 2013. DH also had 2 partial seizures and literally hundreds of mini seizures but we will glaze over that!! The last 2 years running he has had his first seizure of the year on Jan 13th, so this year that date is cancelled :p.
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Debt calculation done and I'm starting the year owing £2090 across 2 different 0% cards. Hoping to have that gone by Christmas, though that may prove difficult so will just see how it goes. I have DS1's birthday this month, 3 weddings in the first half of the year, and a determination to have a Christmas Savings pot again this year after failing miserably in 2015.
  • amber03
    amber03 Posts: 1,241 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    edited 1 January 2016 at 11:30PM
    Options
    My xmas pot already up and running :) just putting a £1 a week in it and going to save all my Tesco vouchers up as well. Going to buy things for xmas throughout the year and have told DH I want everything done by the 1/12, this xmas was a little bit hectic to say the least.xx
    :j Debtfree and and staying that way.:j3-6 month emergency fund, No.61 £140.00
  • liltdiddylilt
    Options
    *surprise attack* :D

Hello beautiful :wave:

I've missed you! I know nothing but this last page, which at least got me up to date on DH. 3 isn't bad... <3 heres hoping to less in 2016. I hope the boys are good and had an excellent Christmas.

Happy New Year. Good things are coming. I know it in my gut! xxx
    Virtual Pot #25 £0.00/£350.00
    A black belt only covers 2 inches of your a$$ - You have to cover the rest yourself - Royce Gracie
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,957 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    You will soon be in the 1's debt wise :j
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    please-let-me-be-lucky Posts: 10,202 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 2 January 2016 at 12:08AM
    Options
    Amber, I shall follow your lead with the 'sealed Xmas pot'. Mrs H got me thinking of it and you mentioning it now has sealed the deal :D.

Lilty!! Such ninja stealth!! Lovely to have you back. Know we are in touch on FB but great to have you back on here too.

Beanie, Happy New Year to you my lovely. The debts have increased recently not decreased for the first time in almost 5 years :o, but I don't plan on making a habit of it!!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family