We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Baby steps to mortgage freedom for beanielou.

Options

Comments

• teafor2
    teafor2 Posts: 3,322 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Ooh Taittinger. Posh friends you have there Beanie :D Falling over is more than acceptable if it's drink related ;) Hope you didn't hurt yourself though.

No idea about benefits systems but could re-assessment have a positive outcome ie. more money. Or does it generally mean they want to take off you. :( xx
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,961 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    teafor2 wrote: »
    Ooh Taittinger. Posh friends you have there Beanie :D Falling over is more than acceptable if it's drink related ;) Hope you didn't hurt yourself though.

No idea about benefits systems but could re-assessment have a positive outcome ie. more money. Or does it generally mean they want to take off you. :( xx

This. :(
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • beanielou
    Options
    Oh & I recken my finger is mashed for good.
    DS kindly told me it was deformed!
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• beanielou
    Options
    Has anyone heard from edinburgher at all ?
    The one thing I really dislike about MSE is how sometimes people just go off the radar & we dont know if they are ok.

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I haven't, beanie, sorry - I suspect he's just really busy, his posts were much less frequent for quite a while before he stopped. I do know what you mean, though, about people "disappearing".
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,700 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Glad you enjoyed the champagne :)

Boo to the re-assessment. Annoying when you have a long term condition that's not going to improve :( Mr SA was selected a couple of years ago.

On the subject of disappearing MSE folks, I wonder what's happened to Robin?
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • Butti
    Butti Posts: 5,014 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Beanie, your favourite, the softly spoken man from Durham, was fine in December. Not sure how he is now, but he was fine then!
    Debt LBM (08/09) £11,641. DEBT FREE APRIL 2021.
    Diary 'Butti's journey : A matter of loaf or death'.
    Diary 2 'The whimsical tale of the Waterbed of Debt'
    48% off mortgage

'one day I will be rich and famous…for now I'll just have to settle for being poor and incredibly sexy'. Vimrod Member of MIKE'S :cool: MOB
  • Pooky
    Pooky Posts: 7,023 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I dread those assessment envelopes. DH was assessed twice in 9 months a couple of years ago...funnily enough his spine hadn't repaired itself and his autoimmune and neurological disorders hadn't cured themselves either. We'd only just had the results from the first assessment when the next letter arrived. Luckily sense prevailed and they didn't ask for a face to face assessment 2nd time round, they just went on medical evidence.
    "Start every day off with a smile and get it over with" - W. C. Field.
  • beanielou
    Options
    Butti wrote: »
    Beanie, your favourite, the softly spoken man from Durham, was fine in December. Not sure how he is now, but he was fine then!
    Good. You must have read my mind as I was just wondering how he was. 😢

• beanielou
    Options
    Pooky wrote: »
    I dread those assessment envelopes. DH was assessed twice in 9 months a couple of years ago...funnily enough his spine hadn't repaired itself and his autoimmune and neurological disorders hadn't cured themselves either. We'd only just had the results from the first assessment when the next letter arrived. Luckily sense prevailed and they didn't ask for a face to face assessment 2nd time round, they just went on medical evidence.
    Funnily enough my CP haven’t improved any either!!
    I just love having to go to the physio every week & being able to do less & less.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure