Baby steps to mortgage freedom for beanielou.

Options

Comments

• yogavibes
    Options
    I've never tried a SAD lamp but I do find that going to the gym a couple of evenings a week helps as it is so bright there - I'm sure that it's the lights that help me feel a bit better as well as being around others that are being more energetic than I feel! I also sleep with my blind up so I can see the street lights in the morning as I cannot cope with total darkness at all. Hope the lamp helps x
    MFW #69 Mortgage remaining Jan 2021 £221,644; Jan OP £1000;
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,701 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Thanks yogavibes.
    Chair yoga is the best I can manage!
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • teafor2
    teafor2 Posts: 3,322 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Really hope the SAD lamp helps you :) xx
  • Suffolk_lass
    Suffolk_lass Posts: 9,367 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I use a craft daylight bulb in bedside lamps and a daylight alarm (this one) - it gradually gets lighter for the half hour before your wake-up alarm so it is like waking on a Spring morning in bright morning light - that helps DS and me
    Save £12k in 2024 - #2 target is £5000 only £798.34 so far
    OS Grocery Challenge 2024 31.1% spent or £932.98/£3,000 annual
    I also Reverse Meal Plan on that thread and grow much of our own premium price fruit and veg, joining in on the Grow your own thread
    My Debt Free Diary Get a grip Woman
  • milann
    milann Posts: 10,649 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I haven’t used a sad lamp but I used to work with a lady who swore by hers.
    January spends - £587.58
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,382 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I'll be interested to hear what you think about the SAD lamp, I've been thinking about getting one. Hope it works for you :)
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • Pooky
    Pooky Posts: 7,023 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    We had smart meters fitted earlier this month, we don't have the gadget thing plugged in as we know how much we use. Both gas and electric meters now talk to each other, I do hope they're friendly:)

Aside from the hour and a bit to fit them I can't see why you wouldn't get it done, they're just updated meters, no need to change if you change supplier and you can read them easily. I'd far rather have something more up to date than the old meters that were here when we moved in. The gas one is much smaller than our previous one which is a bonus as it's given me some cupboard space back.
    "Start every day off with a smile and get it over with" - W. C. Field.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,701 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Thanks everyone :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • girlatplay
    girlatplay Posts: 3,883 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'm another one interested to hear about how you get on with the SAD lamp. I've been thinking about getting one for a while now (years).
    Mortgage at 12/07/2022 = £175,000
    Mortgage today = £166,457.86
    300 282 payments to go.
    House buyout fund £3,261.67/£40,000
    Random Pick Fridays = £80.01
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    I hope you SAD lamp makes you feel better Beanie.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure