🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

How Do You Know They Love You?

Options
Jojo_the_Tightfisted
Jojo_the_Tightfisted Posts: 27,228 Forumite
Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
edited 11 November 2014 at 6:43PM in Marriage, relationships & families
Happy thread time - all of you out there who are happy in your marriage, relationship or who have wonderful memories of a much loved late husband, wife or partner - what are or were the things they did, said or still do now that made you know without doubt, that they truly loved you?

Amongst other things, I know because sometimes when I'm almost asleep and he's wrapped his arms around me, he brushes my hair away from my forehead and kisses me really slowly and gently, not realising I'm vaguely aware of him doing it.

If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply!

[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]
I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
colinw wrote: »
Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D

Comments

• lulu_92
    lulu_92 Posts: 2,758 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    My OH, the person who never tells people (besides me) how he feels, told a couple of my friends at his work that I'm the girl he's going to marry.

Doesn't sound like much but he is known to be a closed book and a lot of people have doubted his feelings for me as they don't see what I do.
    Our Rainbow Twins born 17th April 2016
    :A 02.06.2015 :A
    :A 29.12.2018 :A

• gettingtheresometime
    Options
    Oh where do I begin?

Putting up with my family must be the biggest sign ...though he would argue its putting up with my snoring!

Walking the dog on his own when its pouring with rain

Not being a stranger with the iron, washing machine or vacuum cleaner

Putting up with 'my' tv programmes - even though they drive him up the wall
  • meritaten
    meritaten Posts: 24,158 Forumite
    Options
    Happy thread time - all of you out there who are happy in your marriage, relationship or who have wonderful memories of a much loved late husband, wife or partner - what are or were the things they did, said or still do now that made you know without doubt, that they truly loved you?

Amongst other things, I know because sometimes when I'm almost asleep and he's wrapped his arms around me, he brushes my hair away from my forehead and kisses me really slowly and gently, not realising I'm vaguely aware of him doing it.

awwwwwww - that is so sweet jojo! :D
  • gettingtheresometime
    Options
    Also meant to add, and this goes on from my wanting to go somewhere nice next year thread, taking me to the travel agents to get a load of brochures without any further mention of it from me
  • zaxdog
    zaxdog Posts: 774 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Bringing me tea in bed on a cold morning so I can snuggle a bit longer.

Noticing I loved the farting hippo in NCIS :eek: and finding a toy maker to make me one.

Knowing I get annoyed with the snobs round here and buying me a lairdship so when they get snotty and ask my name I can rely in all honesty it's "Lady Zaxdog" :D

Making me egg-in-a-cup when I'm feeling poo.

Telling my I look lovely even when I feel like hell.

And my fave: bundling me and the mad lurcher in the car when I was in a foul mood last year and driving me to the snowline so I could run around like a loon throwing snowballs :rotfl:

Wow................he really rocks, gotta go and give him a hug...........
  • meritaten
    meritaten Posts: 24,158 Forumite
    Options
    zaxdog wrote: »
    Bringing me tea in bed on a cold morning so I can snuggle a bit longer.

Noticing I loved the farting hippo in NCIS :eek: and finding a toy maker to make me one.

Knowing I get annoyed with the snobs round here and buying me a lairdship so when they get snotty and ask my name I can rely in all honesty it's "Lady Zaxdog" :D

Making me egg-in-a-cup when I'm feeling poo.

Telling my I look lovely even when I feel like hell.

And my fave: bundling me and the mad lurcher in the car when I was in a foul mood last year and driving me to the snowline so I could run around like a loon throwing snowballs :rotfl:

Wow................he really rocks, gotta go and give him a hug...........

lol - my son bought himself one of those! then got peed off when I hit a lucky break during investigating the family history, and he IS actually descended from royalty! (Normandy Royalty - but hey, his ancestor did come over with William the Conqueror). Perhaps I should write to Burkes Peerage and see if any of my kids and my OH are actually entitled to any titles? rofl:rotfl:

I MUST remember to address you as 'my ladyship' in future Zaxdog!
  • zaxdog
    zaxdog Posts: 774 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Love it Meritaten!!!!!

Thing is we get loads of the "sold a garage in Chelsea and bought some land so now you are all my serfs" types. You know the ones, all kitted out in Barbour and Hunter wellies. They got very confused when our car turns up and the pony tailed Mr Zaxdog, the goth me and Rax the lurcher pile out with nary a twinset in site :D

When they hear my accent I can see their wee brains start to implode :rotfl:
  • minicazzybee
    Options
    Oh what a great idea for a thread! He makes me feel lucky every day. A few things that spring to mind are:

1. Makes tea without me having to ask for a cuppa

2. Buys me flowers on my sons (his step son to be) birthday

3. Has been known to patiently stand outside Primarks changing rooms on a Saturday afternoon whilst I try on 5 different (OK, almost identical) pairs of skinny jeans.

4. Kisses me goodnight, every night.
    Sept GC £42.22/£60
  • angeltreats
    angeltreats Posts: 2,286 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Aww, I like this thread. I know my husband loves me but more so than ever since I've been pregnant and had SPD so haven't been very mobile.

Pushed me round Asda in a wheelchair, looked for the biggest pants they had to go in my hospital bag, got down on his hands and knees to rummage around the ladies big pants section looking for the right size. Also has bought many embarrassing lady products without batting an eyelid.

Puts on my trousers, socks and shoes.

Paints my toenails and even uses a cotton bud dipped in nail polish remover to tidy up any mistakes (he's got rather good at it).

When I went through my "I just don't fancy any food" phase, used to buy the entire contents of the supermarket reduced section hoping that I'd fancy some of it.

Sends me off to bed when I'm tired and makes me rest.

Administers hugs regularly and without being asked.

Tells me I look nice even though I'm the size of a house with terrible skin and can only wear yoga pants and ugg boots.

Does lots of DIY jobs even though he hates them (although he's good at it) because he knows it makes me happy to get house stuff sorted out before the baby comes.

Has done most of the grocery shopping, cooking and laundry since I've been pregnant (nearly 9 months) as I've just been too exhausted. He hates cooking but has never complained.

Records things on TV that he thinks I might like.

Basically he's just lovely. I would not swap him ever ever ever.
  • 74jax
    74jax Posts: 7,929 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    My now hubby told me about something his late dad once told him. When you meet the girl you want to spend the rest of your life with, don't ever let her go. The fact he shared this with me makes me feel really special and I have no idea why.

He texts me really random things, which make me laugh when other people wouldn't get it at all.

He'll bring me breakfast in bed.

He just 'gets me' I've been ill recently and put up with my meltdowns, he puts up with myrants about my mum .

He's a step dad to my daughter.

During our first year, he dealt with a lot of baggage from my previous relationship, if he can deal with that he's a keeper in my book.

He has a wink just for me.
    Forty and fabulous, well that's what my cards say....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport