The journey to financial independence.

Options

Comments

• Cream_Tea
    Cream_Tea Posts: 427 Forumite
    Wedding Day Wonder
    Options
    Busy day today. No money spent but lots of baking done for Rheumatoid Arthritis Awareness week. A good friend was diagnosed at 23 (5 years ago) and so it's a charity that means so much to her. I baked lemon drizzle cake and flapjacks and helped her make brownies. I also made a home made soup for dinner to balance out the cake mix I've consumed today!

My work project which is part of my new year plan is going very well. We were recently assessed and our ward is coming out top out of the whole hospital, so not too shabby!

DH is on nights so I am bored but on the plus side I've walked more and the house is tidier than it's ever been and the accounts are all up to date! All that's left to do is complete the funding circle thing. I registered and it said I had to wait and now it's ready so that will be a plan for tomorrow.

CT
    Mortgage [STRIKE]£269,000[/STRIKE] £258,987 / MF date [STRIKE]June'49[/STRIKE] June'49
    Debt £24,990 / Debt Free Est. May'21

Updated 06/05/18
  • CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,115 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi cream tea, your future plans sound great. Would a regular saver be an option if it's a higher interest rate than mortgage?

Money making wise, I fell out of love with survys but still do yougov as you don't get screened out. I may be able to refer you? Other than that I sell stuff on fb sites and use TCB as much as possible. Saving on groceries seems to be our biggest area of clawing back money so if you can't up your income these might be options?
    Apr 2024 - part 1 - £30,337 part 2 - £24,811 Total - £55,148 43 months to go!
  • ourcornercottage
    Options
    Cream_Tea wrote: »
    Also I need ways of making money! I can't do the surveys I don't have the patience. Any inspiration?

CT

If you live near a busy city - mystery shopping ?
    Do you have any skills you can sell on fiverr or similar?
    Make and sell stuff, I sell odd jar of jam outside my house.

Sorry that's my lot on ideas!

How's FC going?
  • shangaijimmy
    shangaijimmy Posts: 3,796 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Mrs SJ's plan before baby number 2, which has now been scuppered with baby number 3 was to do some make up and nails type training then do that to earn some extra coin. She also loves doing it.

I do some local refereeing which gets me £25 a game. I could do 3 per weekend, but just opt for 1. I generally use that money for me (golf mainly) which means i don't dip into any income or pots of money.
    MFW: Was: £136,000.......Now: £61,892.24......
    Mortgage Neutral Deficit: £43,082.90... Mortgage Neutral Savings: £18,809.34

MFiT-T6 #13 - £3,517 of £15,500 (22.69%)
    1% Mortgage Challenge 2022 - £157.59 of £650
  • Cream_Tea
    Wedding Day Wonder
    Options
    Thank you. I certainly need to get on top of the food shop. You're right CathT it would probably have the biggest impact on finances. L!dl seems to keep costs down but I need to make sure the cupboards are stocked so we don't buy our lunches out.

I've had a spendy week with my scales breaking (they were 9 years old so had worked off their cost!) and I've had a few birthdays.

The builder was due to start and then we realised we had a drain on our drive and because it's less than 3m from the building works DH needs to request plans of the water and get permission to do the work from them. More money!

CT
    Mortgage [STRIKE]£269,000[/STRIKE] £258,987 / MF date [STRIKE]June'49[/STRIKE] June'49

Updated 06/05/18
  • Cream_Tea
    Wedding Day Wonder
    Options
    We have invested £100 in funding circle which was nerve racking picking which companies. I think I will observe for a few months before I plan investing more etc.

I've cleaned and tidied the whole house yesterday when DH was on a night. The house was getting on top of me.

Today I'm:
    -Cooking dinners I can freeze and use when we are busy.
    -Doing a l!dl shop
    -Collecting my goddaughters bday present.( I'm being organised it's not until July but I knew what to get so did it!)
    -Meeting my middle sister.
    -Going to WW which I'm slightly dreading because I really don't know if I will have lost weight or not this week!

CT

Updated 06/05/18
  • katep23
    katep23 Posts: 1,406 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good luck with the funding circle, let us know how you get on.
  • Cream_Tea
    Wedding Day Wonder
    Options
    £20 paid off the CC. OP set up to go out tomorrow. Money all shuffled to the appropriate accounts. I am officially ready for July!

It's been a hot day to work on a ward but I survived it! The patients were very calm today the heat must have tired them out.

I did lose weight last week 1/2lbs but weight off non the less. I've got the same feeling this week-unsure! So let's have our fingers crossed it's all still going not up!

CT

Updated 06/05/18
  • Cream_Tea
    Wedding Day Wonder
    Options
    Quarterly update time...

From New Years plans

Financial
    - To OP £6000 revised to £4800 we are bang on track with £2400 paid to date 50% done in 6 months.
    - To build an emergency fund of £2000 revised to £4500 only £500 saved as before. Still quite a bit of work to do!
    - To save and extend bathroom. Saving COMPLETE. building work NOT EVEN STARTED!!!

Personal
    - To lose 21lbs revised to 32.5lbs after gaining some weight and realising the whole lots needed to go not just a little bit. I've lost 11lbs to date which is 33.8%

Work
    - To complete a project for work by the summer. COMPLETED! However now an ongoing piece of work which needs maintaining and improving.

In conclusion some good work done in 6 months but still a way to go but a quarterly self pat on the back.

CT

Updated 06/05/18
  • CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,115 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You are definitely on track with your plans. It's quite empowering getting on top of your finances and planning the future isn't it.
    Apr 2024 - part 1 - £30,337 part 2 - £24,811 Total - £55,148 43 months to go!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure