The journey to financial independence.

Options
1363738394042»

Comments

• shangaijimmy
    shangaijimmy Posts: 3,796 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Is that £1,125 in OP's or total payments? Frightening amount if its the former. Our total payment is about yours and i can only dream of finding the an extra £600!
    MFW: Was: £136,000.......Now: £61,892.24......
    Mortgage Neutral Deficit: £43,082.90... Mortgage Neutral Savings: £18,809.34

MFiT-T6 #13 - £3,517 of £15,500 (22.69%)
    1% Mortgage Challenge 2022 - £157.59 of £650
  • Cream_Tea
    Cream_Tea Posts: 427 Forumite
    Wedding Day Wonder
    Options
    Hi Jimmy, that's £1,125 in all regular and OPs: car repayments, CCs, excluding mortgage. We need to pay £591 in CC OPs and repayments to FIL to meet that target each month. It will be doable at least until my maternity pay kicks in sometime around December then well have to just try our best I imagine.

Water bill came out today £30 less than expected. I've OP that off our Cc as well. I am on a mission!

CT
    Mortgage [STRIKE]£269,000[/STRIKE] £258,987 / MF date [STRIKE]June'49[/STRIKE] June'49
    Debt £24,990 / Debt Free Est. May'21

Updated 06/05/18
  • Cream_Tea
    Wedding Day Wonder
    Options
    Whilst on the hunt for freezable snack ideas for our little one I found a blog that suggested doing a half terms worth so it's done. Obviously my little one isn't in school yet but I love the idea. This week so far I've made:
    -cheese scones only three made it to the freezer as DH and little one got to them :rotfl:
    -banana muffins
    -bacon and cherry tomato muffins (basically a portion of omelette, not like a muffin at all.)
    -courgette and cheese muffins

I did the last two with my Mam so we could have a bit of catch up and she's taken half. She also bought me a batch of spag Bol, some homemade coleslaw and a ratouille style veg dish. Like me she's on the MSE campaign and we've decided to share what we batch cook so we have some variety too.

Still on track with the OPs on CC. More of an update at the end of the week with those figures.

CT
    Mortgage [STRIKE]£269,000[/STRIKE] £258,987 / MF date [STRIKE]June'49[/STRIKE] June'49

Updated 06/05/18
  • hiddenshadow
    hiddenshadow Posts: 2,525 Forumite
    Options
    I like the idea of sharing batch cooking results. :)
  • michelle09
    michelle09 Posts: 912 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    That's a great idea! I will investigate freezable snack ideas when we get our freezer space back.
  • Cream_Tea
    Wedding Day Wonder
    Options
    Today's batch cooking was flap jacks and carrot soup. We also decided to a green tomato and chilli chutney to use us our green tomatoes.

We've not managed an OP of the cc this week but have put some more away for FIL loan.

We've had to spend a bit this week: bits to make a base for a garden shed, a few items to finish our living room (mantle piece and mirror) and a double buggy ready for our new arrival. I did manage to get the buggy in the Tesco Pram sale and use vouchers which made it all a little more bareable.

Otherwise not too expensive a weekend but lots of fun had as a family. Very happy to be going into the next week.

CT

Updated 06/05/18
  • Cream_Tea
    Wedding Day Wonder
    Options
    More batch cooking done and another OP of CC.

Feeling pleased we paid over £1400 off debt this month. At this rate we'll be free in 16months however mat leave pay will scupper the progression so we're going to make hay while the sun shines.

DH is enjoying the new job but having to adjust to a more physical work. I can see he's changed his shape and it's only been two and a half weeks.

CT

Updated 06/05/18
  • Cream_Tea
    Options
    We've got the plasterer coming this week (£200) so that will pause all debt reduction until next Friday but brings us a step closer to finishing the utility.

Poor hard working DH has been digging out a base for a shed this week after work but now we need a stump grinder so we will be hiring one of them this week too, approx £30.

I'm working one day this weekend and the other we're off to a local food festival so hopefully spends will be low.

CT

Updated 06/05/18
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family