Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    A group bump? ;)
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • Dr_Watson
    Options
    Yeah baby, a group bump! :rotfl:;)
    Successfully sued Ryanair in 2013/14...and have been 'helping' litigants since then.

Current known score:-
    Dr Watson 35 - 0 Ryanair / Ince and Co

Go to post 622 on the Ryanair thread to read how to sue them safely.
  • NoviceAngel
    NoviceAngel Posts: 2,271 Forumite
    Options
    JPears wrote: »
    Bumped again.
    Personally, I am not even going to read posts that are not on the correct airline thread, let alone answer them.
    This board is way too cluttered with "personal threads" because the OP probably hasn't bothered to read the FAQ or Vauban's most excellent guide.

Hmmm, It's a tough one for me JP, my natural instinct is to help, especially when I know the answer so to even point to your post, re post on correct thread, is hard for me to do, but then I get angry with members, that can't even be bothered to click on my link, and post something like 'I was delayed, what do I do?

Most of my posts are done on my iPhone and the predictive text, has learnt 'Vaubans guide' so at least I don't have to keep typing it all out!

I don't like spoon feeding and members have to put SOME effort in, perhaps I'm just getting grumpy in my old age, but I'm at the stage where my patience is being tested, you and PtLV have already struggled though it all, I'm sure with your help I'll make it through to the dark side :A
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!

Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • NoviceAngel
    Options
    My next post after the above was 'Have you read Vaubans guide?'

TO MSE, you can see the frustration of regular helpers in this thread, as a former administrator of a forum, why don't you give trusted members the ability to actually manage the forums for yours and our benefit , I can't think of ANY reason why you couldn't give 'soft' options to some of us, and for the avoidance of doubt, I do not include myself in 'some of us'. Been there done that, don't want the responsibility but at least offer it to others?

I'm sure the 'Mods' I think you call them 'Board Guides' do read these threads, so can we have at least a conversation about it?

Thank you in advance

NoviceAngel
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!

Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Options
    Novice - we've asked before for some admin capabilities but there appears to be a reluctance to allow this, even though it will be to the benefit of all.

• JPears
    Options
    bumped again.

• NoviceAngel
    Options
    and again back to page 1

• JPears
    Options
    bumped yet again.
    Forum mod, PLEASE make this a sticky along with Vauban's guide.
    I have been on some forums where you are only allowed to leave post once you have read the FAQ. Can this be done on this forum?

• NoviceAngel
    edited 4 February 2015 at 2:03AM
    Options
    JPears wrote: »
    bumped yet again.
    Forum mod, PLEASE make this a sticky along with Vauban's guide.
    I have been on some forums where you are only allowed to leave post once you have read the FAQ. Can this be done on this forum?

Yes absolutely it can, this is one area I do actually know more about than you JP, I used to 'admin' a forum not just 'mod' it, VBulletin by Jelsoft we also used, it's power is amazing and fully customizable to suit the admin team. ohh I could go on and on, just a little insight, you know when you edit or delete a post, to the admin or if configured to the mod team, your original post is still visible on the forum, the post shows up as normal but 'greyed' out, whereas to us it's as though its never been there... I digress.......

But yes, some basic forum tools for the trusted regular users would indeed, be beneficial to all.

EDIT ~ One of the reasons it's so hard to be an admin say one of your mods, makes an error in posting, as an admin you have the ability to go in there totally rework their post and make it look presentable, without any trace, but that mod would feel that his/her posts had been violated. You can't win, go in their and edit you get criticism, do nothing and your accused of running a slack forum.....

One of the things I would change on here is to enforce user registration, on my forum, nobody could view posts or download attachments, (hmm yes that's something that has been deliberately been withdrawn) without user email and IP address verification... Having user attachments such as Vaubans guide, you could monitor the number of user downloads, instead of using a third party as PtLV does, every user that downloads it, monitor their geographic spread if you were so inclined....

....BUT to add attachments is really expensive, text to store on a server is rated in kb, attachments are rated in mb, so costly, not to mention the legal ramifications so I sorta agree with the attachments issue, but I don't on basic forum tools to trusted members of our community, but what difference will my view make none at all :A

• JPears
    Options
    bumped again....

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing