• Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,558 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    needs bumped
  • NoviceAngel
    Options
    Bumped again
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!

Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • bilbobaggins1973
    Options
    I like bumping too

When will MSE give the regular contributors the necessary tools.. This shouldn't be needed.

I find all of those doing the 'bumping' slightly annoying, if you are all regular contributors then please understand that the majority of us actually only come to these forums for advice, we are not experts in how to act on these forums and I don't like being told to stop 'clogging up the forum' from someone that should be there to help not criticise. Ok so I posted something in the wrong place, big deal guys !!!!

Why not ignore the post and send the individual a private message explaining that they need to post it elsewhere rather than publicly belittle people ?

We come on here for your help, not to be 'tutted' at or asked 'can you read'

I have read the 'Guide' now after being ordered to do so but 99% of it is covering flight delays rather than cancellations.
  • NoviceAngel
    NoviceAngel Posts: 2,271 Forumite
    Options
    I don't like being told to stop 'clogging up the forum' from someone that should be there to help not criticise. Ok so I posted something in the wrong place, big deal guys !!!
    We come on here for your help, not to be 'tutted' at or asked 'can you read'.

Since your post quoted my 'bump' then I'll answer for my part, first all all I have never asked any member of MSE to stop ' clogging up the forum' nor have i ever asked any member 'can you read'

As for we 'SHOULD BE THERE TO HELP' none of us get paid for being here, I come here when I can on a strictly voluntary basis, the same as all other members.

We often find the same questions asked repeatedly because a member hasn't bothered to read what's already been posted, the regulars like a tidy forum exactly so the information is NOTspread out and therefore difficult to locate.

So may I suggest you read some posts, get to grips with EC261/2004 and help us out rather than critique my posts.
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!

Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • bilbobaggins1973
    Options

So may I suggest you read some posts, get to grips with EC261/2004 and help us out rather than critique my posts.

Thanks for responding NoviceAngel.

I can assure you I have read hundreds/thousands of posts and read through the EC261/2004 and yet I still have lots of unanswered questions about our cancelled flight, hence my frustrations. Yes, I have already read through Vauban's Guide and even that doesn't cover my queries.

As a volunteer in my local area, I can appreciate anyone giving up their time to help others, but if I spoke to those in my community the way some people (not necessarily you) post up here when newbies get something wrong then I would be asked to stop volunteering.

Just trying to give you a feel of how some comments come across to us less experienced than you. MSE put a little 'Alert - be Nice to Newbie label at the side of the post but that doesn't seem to stop some of the keyboard warriors.
  • Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    bump bump bump
  • NoviceAngel
    Options
    bumped to page 1

• NoviceAngel
    Options
    and again ,noob day

• NoviceAngel
    Options
    Back to the top please

• Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,558 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    needed a bump
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts