Options

Comments

• jimjames
    jimjames Posts: 17,627 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    No
    RosieBree wrote: »
    Hello, can anyone tell us what they know about Dream Lodge group. We are thinking of investing a substantial amount of money and we would like others feedback, preferably someone who has had direct dealings with them.

Even after reading all the info here, you are looking to invest a substantial amount of money?

Seriously?
    Remember the saying: if it looks too good to be true it almost certainly is.
  • RosieBree
    Options
    Yes we were. But after checking out the prices of each lodge we see that they hike up the prices for sale, and there's no way we would get our money back should we try and sell on in a few years. We just can't find any positive remarks on this company...
  • doe808
    doe808 Posts: 452 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    No
    We just can't find any positive remarks on this company...

Probably a reason for that.
    Total - £340.00

wins : £7.50 Virgin Vouchers, Nikon Coolpixs S550 x 2, I-Tunes Vouchers, £5 Esprit Voucher, Big Snap 2 (x2), Alaska Seafood book
  • jimjames
    Options
    No
    Yes we were. But after checking out the prices of each lodge we see that they hike up the prices for sale, and there's no way we would get our money back should we try and sell on in a few years. We just can't find any positive remarks on this company...

You seem to have all the info you need. What else remains?
  • jimjames
    Options
    No
    Pengui wrote: »
    Definitely worth it, if you can afford it. This company has done amazing things with its parks, and the brand is the strongest one out there. I have visited their offices, and they have an exceptionally loyal and dedicated workforce. I have met and spoken to owners who have invested, and been given the returns promised, and made good profits on resale.

The Groups Holiday brand is the strongest fastest growing holiday company to have launched in recent years. I like this company a lot.

Thanks for joining just to tell us that.

Good to know Dream Lodge are monitoring the thread and feel it necessary to ramp it up.

If we take your post at face value, you're not an owner so have no direct experience, why exactly did you join up and how did you find the thread?
  • Pengui
    Options
    Yes
    Hello, can anyone tell us what they know about Dream Lodge group. We are thinking of investing a substantial amount of money and we would like others feedback, preferably someone who has had direct dealings with them.
    lollypark wrote: »
    This posts on the Facebook site 'The Dream Lodge Protest Group' further confirms my suspicion: Thanks Onlygeoff1 for posting. There is a picture of a chalet on the back of a lorry. It certainly does not look like something worth £200k whatever the d!cor. Also some-one on the FB page wrote the following: People are told that a lodge is an investment that will increase in value. One owner paid £90000 for a lodge and a year later got £30000 for it.
    Enough said ;). We were told that they would buy back the lodge at purchase value after 3 years! I requested a draft contract (A term when viewed I use loosely) Buried in the small print are non-specific clauses about what will happen if you terminate earlier than 3 years. Exit charges for this illiquid investment must therefore be steep.

I have visited the site, and it is rapidly becoming an amazing 5* site. There are still some old caravans on one section, but these are out of licence now and being removed, much to the annoyance of the owners, hence the protest group.

To be clear, these are not lodges, are not on a rental guarantee programme as they are too old and in no way could they be classed as a "Dream Lodge" Likewise, I know that none of these have ever been given a guaranteed future resale value, for the simple reason that they are caravans which do depreciate, and not Luxury Lodges built to BS3632 standards.

There seems to be a lot of scaremongering going on from disgruntled caravan people, attempting to pass themselves off as being related to the luxury Lodge division, which they are certainly not.
  • Pengui
    Options
    Yes
    jimjames wrote: »
    Thanks for joining just to tell us that.

Good to know Dream Lodge are monitoring the thread and feel it necessary to ramp it up.

If we take your post at face value, you're not an owner so have no direct experience, why exactly did you join up and how did you find the thread?

I will not respond to you because your right off the scale in your posts, and I don't wish to become embroiled in your silly Militant game.

I have posted a genuine view, and that is it, there is no need to immediately try and find a negative as you make yourself seem unreasonable and implausible straight away.
  • ColdIron
    ColdIron Posts: 9,060 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    No
    I will not respond to you
    Except you go on to do just that, so you can not respond to me as well :)
    because your right off the scale in your posts, and I don't wish to become embroiled in your silly Militant game.
    Any evidence to back up your claim or is this just a wild assertion? jj is an well respected poster on this board who gives up his free time to help others, and you are? Well I think the jury is out on this at present

I have posted a genuine view

Well let's just look at what you have posted

Dream Lodge are a great company -
    This company has done amazing things -
    the brand is the strongest one -
    they have an exceptionally loyal and dedicated workforce -
    is the strongest fastest growing holiday company -
    and it is rapidly becoming an amazing 5* site

I don't know who you are or who you represent but I think it's safe to say you give the impression of being a shill
  • TrustyOven
    Options
    ColdIron wrote: »
    Well let's just look at what you have posted

Dream Lodge are a great company -
    This company has done amazing things -
    the brand is the strongest one -
    they have an exceptionally loyal and dedicated workforce -
    is the strongest fastest growing holiday company -
    and it is rapidly becoming an amazing 5* site

The thing that strikes me about this list, ColdIron, is that it uses the type of language that Marketing-speek uses in advertisements or brochures, which reinforces the 'feel' that their post is a shill post. And you have a new user, that only posted in this thread.

I like to give the poster the benefit of the doubt, but It'd be wise for people to use common sense and a few pinches (handfuls?) of salt here.
    Goals
    Save £12k in 2017 #016 (£4212.06 / £10k) (42.12%)
    Save £12k in 2016 #041 (£4558.28 / £6k) (75.97%)
    Save £12k in 2014 #192 (£4115.62 / £5k) (82.3%)
  • Onawingandaprayer
    Options
    No
    It's a shame really, but in recent months every time I see the red flash saying Alert Newbie, I think oh-oh, here's someone with a vested interest peddling flim-flam.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure