Dream Lodge Group

Options
191011121315»

Comments

• unkle
    unkle Posts: 338 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The price they charged for the buildings i'm surprised they went bust, one I looked at for £160,000 you could buy in reality for less than £60k.

Hopefully those invested get something back.
  • jimjames
    jimjames Posts: 17,627 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    No
    I think what is incredibly frustrating is that a number of us on MSE got messages regarding legal action from Dream Lodge group if certain posts on this thread were not deleted.

Reality is that our posts were correct and the legal action was to keep the truth hidden. :(
    Remember the saying: if it looks too good to be true it almost certainly is.
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,076 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    jimjames wrote: »
    I think what is incredibly frustrating is that a number of us on MSE got messages regarding legal action from Dream Lodge group if certain posts on this thread were not deleted.

Reality is that our posts were correct and the legal action was to keep the truth hidden. :(
    This forum is a victim of its own success sometimes - a quick Google search for 'dream lodge' brings up first page links to threads on here (not an unusual scenario), and so (hypothetically of course) anyone running a dodgy operation that relies on deception and opaqueness would naturally be keen to suppress any attempts to reveal the truth.

MSE has form for caving in to such threats and I guess will always err on the side of caution rather than taking a principled stand, despite the vindication you refer to - given the current high-profile pressures on the likes of Facebook and Instagram to accept more responsibility for content on their platforms, I suspect that the situation will deteriorate rather than improve....
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,216 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options

IIRC that wasn't the first time that happened. And sadly, I doubt it will be the last:(
  • Onawingandaprayer
    Options
    No
    Just gone down Memory Lane to see what I posted that upset them.

“The post made by "Onawingandaprayer" on 29 October 2014 at 11:38 which incites bad publicity for our client by suggesting that its investment scheme should be featured on a television complaints programme;”

Quite right too. Appalling suggestion :rotfl:
  • webjaved
    webjaved Posts: 618 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options

I'm glad this place exists so many others can be alerted to such scams etc.
    Save £12k in 2019 #154 - £14,826.60/£12k
    Save £12k in 2020 #128 - £4,155.62/£10k
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family