Dream Lodge Group

Options

Comments

• Onawingandaprayer
    Options
    No
    le_loup wrote: »
    Dream lode may have no idea how old the lady is. As it's unregulated, DL have no need to find out.

No that I'm saying this "investment" is a good idea!

You're right - and I think Dream Lode is probably a better name - though Mother Lode would be even better!
  • paddyrg
    paddyrg Posts: 13,543 Forumite
    Options
    No
    If they will guarantee 8% x 3 years returns, then the deal is overvalued by at least 24% to pay for it. If your mum wants a holiday cottage, she can rent one or even buy somewhere outright with that much cash, she doesn't need a company in the way taking a slice.

Put it like this - if the company can get a minimum of 8% after all costs, they can get institutional backers for sure, they don't need to chase unsophisticated investors for money. But they're chasing unsophisticated investors and discouraging the use of counsel (who may warn you off) - how is that ever going to be a great deal for the investor?? Your lawyer is there to protect you from other parties, so saying they're not needed is never in your interest.
  • Mossychops
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm looking for feedback from anybody that has actually invested in a Dream Lodge over the agreed 3yr period. Have you been happy with the returns etc? Also, has anybody sold there's on with no problem and would you consider them to be a good investment?

Thanks in advance!!
  • ColdIron
    ColdIron Posts: 9,058 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    No
    Did you actually read any of the previous posts?
  • jimjames
    jimjames Posts: 17,627 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    No
    Mossychops wrote: »
    Hi,
    I'm looking for feedback from anybody that has actually invested in a Dream Lodge over the agreed 3yr period. Have you been happy with the returns etc? Also, has anybody sold there's on with no problem and would you consider them to be a good investment?

Thanks in advance!!

Have you asked your solicitor or IFA?
    Remember the saying: if it looks too good to be true it almost certainly is.
  • Mossychops
    Options
    Yes ColdIron, I did, however this i a different scenario.

Thanks Jimjames, they havent. I will suggest this.
  • Mossychops
    Options
    ColdIron wrote: »
    Did you actually read any of the previous posts?

Yep Cold Iron, we read all of the previous comments. This question was directed towards those that had actually invested in or had a somebody close to them that had invested. This is slightly different to the original question.
  • planteria
    planteria Posts: 5,321 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    No
    i wouldn't go anywhere near this..
    if your mother wants a property investment, she can buy a house/apartment/office/shop to rent out.
    if your mother wants a regular holiday, i would just suggest she buys holidays.
  • Onawingandaprayer
    Options
    No
    Mossychops wrote: »
    Yep Cold Iron, we read all of the previous comments.

Strange. In your first post you were 'I'. Now you've become 'we'. Are you breeding?
  • Mossychops
    Options
    Strange. In your first post you were 'I'. Now you've become 'we'. Are you breeding?
    I sure am...and I turned to we because I showed my Mum my findings because Im asking on her behalf
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure