Options

Comments

• jimjames
    jimjames Posts: 17,625 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    No
    Mossychops wrote: »
    Strange. In your first post you were 'I'. Now you've become 'we'. Are you breeding?
    I sure am...and I turned to we because I showed my Mum my findings because Im asking on her behalf

If you are dealing with this on your mother's behalf I assume she already has a varied investment portfolio of funds and stock market investments as well as cash deposits.

If not, why on earth would you even consider something like this when you can invest in regulated investments for far less risk?
    Remember the saying: if it looks too good to be true it almost certainly is.
  • Onawingandaprayer
    Onawingandaprayer Posts: 642 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 19 November 2014 at 10:52AM
    Options
    No
    Strange. In your first post you were 'I'. Now you've become 'we'. Are you breeding?
    I sure am...and I turned to we because I showed my Mum my findings because Im asking on her behalf

So, just to clarify, Mossychops, having read all the posts in this thread, you think it might be a good investment for your mother?
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,389 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    No
    Hi,
    I'm looking for feedback from anybody that has actually invested in a Dream Lodge over the agreed 3yr period. Have you been happy with the returns etc? Also, has anybody sold there's on with no problem and would you consider them to be a good investment?

Thanks in advance!!

This is an unregulated business proposition. It is not an investment. The capital value varies and the 8% is not real income but a set figure. It could come from other people putting their money in and the real problem comes after 3 years or more importantly, when people want their money back.

it is illiquid, high risk and unsuitable for the average UK consumer. It has virtually no consumer protection. You should not compare the word guarantee with what it means with regulated investments. There is the possibility of 100% loss of capital and income with this.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Fruit_and_Nut_Case
    Options
    No
    badger09 wrote: »
    edit: who set up the poll, and why?
    Late to the party, but I don't think this has been answered yet. I believe that only the OP could set up a poll, so your first answer is lollypark.
    Are you for real? - Glass Half Empty??
    :coffee:
  • dealer_wins
    dealer_wins Posts: 7,334 Forumite
    Options
    No
    This isnt an investment, this is giving away the money.

Madness to even consider it lol
  • Johnny_Doe
    Options
    No
    We considered this "investment" then realized all the lodges were being sold at inflated prices (This is where they make the money)..
  • Mossychops
    Options
    dunstonh wrote: »
    This is an unregulated business proposition. It is not an investment. The capital value varies and the 8% is not real income but a set figure. It could come from other people putting their money in and the real problem comes after 3 years or more importantly, when people want their money back.

it is illiquid, high risk and unsuitable for the average UK consumer. It has virtually no consumer protection. You should not compare the word guarantee with what it means with regulated investments. There is the possibility of 100% loss of capital and income with this.

Thanku very much for giving me a sensible answer. I'll pass on this to my Mum. :)
  • Onlygeoff1
    Options
    Visit Facebook The Dream Lodge Protest Group
  • RosieBree
    Options
    Hello, can anyone tell us what they know about Dream Lodge group. We are thinking of investing a substantial amount of money and we would like others feedback, preferably someone who has had direct dealings with them.
  • kangoora
    kangoora Posts: 1,193 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    No
    RosieBree wrote: »
    Hello, can anyone tell us what they know about Dream Lodge group. We are thinking of investing a substantial amount of money and we would like others feedback, preferably someone who has had direct dealings with them.

Did you even bother reading the previous 40 posts? Or looking at the poll at the start of the thread?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure