5th cleaner sacked

Options
Absolutely unbelievable the hassle I get with this. This is now the 5th cleaner I've had to sack.

They all start off well. House gets cleaned well. Then slowly it goes off, things get missed, they start not turning up, they start cancelling at the last minute, and they start skiving off early.

This one started off well. Did a good job. But slowly we started seeing things not getting done, then she started saying didnt get time to do that. We had a quiet word with the company who provided - still the same.

This week I set up a webcam in plain site. Got home yesterday and same old story - poor job and excuses that she ran out of time.

BUT, webcam shows she turned up at 12-20pm (its supposed to be 10 - 12). 32 minutes later someone picked up the webcam and turned it to face the wall. At 1-30pm my wife was home (and of course she was gone).
Of course, pretty sure that she thinks shes covered her tracks and we dont know what time she left - but I think its just after 12-52 (so she did 30 mins work - paid for 2 hours). And then she had the cheek to tell us she couldnt do x this week because she'd run out of time!!!!! Yes because you ran the hoover over for 30 mins then shot out the door!

Did she really think she'd get away with it? Its unbelievable. Don't people want jobs? It really does defy believe sometimes.

Worse thing is I get the feeling this has been going on for weeks. At least since we noticed standards dropping. Lots of my hard earned money spent on some scummer whos been conning me.
Cymru am Byth !!! :j:j:j

Comments

• mrshippy
    mrshippy Posts: 37 Forumite
    Options
    Put an advert on your village noticeboard or in the local newsagents and get a nice local lady who will take a bit of pride in your house being cleaned well. Agencies are a nightmare as the cleaner is getting minimum wage and has no loyalty to you . I was a cleaner and my boss employed an agency girl to help me for the moving out clean , the second my boss went to the shops the cleaner went outside for a fag and asked how soon we could get away with leaving!
  • dealer_wins
    dealer_wins Posts: 7,334 Forumite
    Options
    Sign of the times. A lot of workers are lazy, selfish, have no pride, integrity, timekeeping, or any concept of doing a good job.
  • WantToBeSE
    WantToBeSE Posts: 7,729 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    mrshippy wrote: »
    Put an advert on your village noticeboard or in the local newsagents and get a nice local lady who will take a bit of pride in your house being cleaned well. Agencies are a nightmare as the cleaner is getting minimum wage and has no loyalty to you . I was a cleaner and my boss employed an agency girl to help me for the moving out clean , the second my boss went to the shops the cleaner went outside for a fag and asked how soon we could get away with leaving!

I totally disagree with this. I used to work for a cleaning agency (I now own it!) and was never paid NMW, I got £8.50 an hour (which is what I now pay my employees).
    I definitely have loyalty to my clients! I like to do a good job, and ANY cleaner and agency worth their weight in gold would feel the same.

OP- If you're in Cornwall, let me know :)
  • fairy_lights
    fairy_lights Posts: 9,220 Forumite
    Options
    where have all the other posts on this thread gone? there were loads of replies to this earlier and they've all vanished :huh:
  • JReacher1
    JReacher1 Posts: 4,652 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I suspect they were deleted as they were all off topic and were a waste of everyone's time.

I think the board guides may be a bit on the ball at the moment after the debacle on Monday!
  • paulfoel
    paulfoel Posts: 5,819 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'll re-add the latest because I think its relevant.

Wife text company owner this am to raise this issue and tell her our findings and that we weren't happy. No call today. So later on this morning she politely said ok please return key we will be cancelling your services.

Gets a text from company owner. Have arranged with police to return your key. No apology or explanation.

That is so weird. why on earth would the police be interested?

All I can think of is this person is thinking we're going to accuse her of something so wants the key returned properly but I cant see how they'd be interested. Imagine the call - hello I own a cleaning company and someones complained - please can you give their key back to them?
    And why would I accuse her of that - all I've said is I'm not happy with whats going on? I've never once accused them of any other wrongdoing. Makes me worry a bit exactly what has been going on behind my back.

Also, weird attitude. Surely first thing you'd do is phone up and try and sort the issue out? I've suspected this has been going on for a month or two, and we have raised the issue of cleaning standards twice in the last month. Its all been friendly so far and I was promised it would be sorted. But this was the last straw.

Does make me wonder if the owner knows the score all along? i.e. cleaners are told to cut short, get away with what they can, and move on the next job.
    Cymru am Byth !!! :j:j:j
  • bod1467
    bod1467 Posts: 15,214 Forumite
    Options
    paulfoel wrote: »
    Does make me wonder if the owner knows the score all along? i.e. cleaners are told to cut short, get away with what they can, and move on the next job.

Nail? Meet Hammer.
  • fairy_lights
    fairy_lights Posts: 9,220 Forumite
    Options
    paulfoel wrote: »
    That is so weird. why on earth would the police be interested?

All I can think of is this person is thinking we're going to accuse her of something so wants the key returned properly but I cant see how they'd be interested.
    It makes me wonder if the cleaner thinks you're going to accuse her of something, because she has been up to something. It is a bit odd that she turned the web-cam to face the wall isn't it?
  • JReacher1
    JReacher1 Posts: 4,652 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    It makes me wonder if the cleaner thinks you're going to accuse her of something, because she has been up to something. It is a bit odd that she turned the web-cam to face the wall isn't it?

I don't think it's odd to turn the web cam to face the wall. When I'm working I don't want someone watching me through a camera. It's almost an invasion of privacy. I wonder if that's why the police have been involved? Is it legal to film someone you are employing without telling them you are?
  • dotdash79
    dotdash79 Posts: 1,069 Forumite
    Options
    No it's not.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business