Shifting this debt one £ at a time.

Options

Comments

• jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,343 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Thanks DDFW :)

Payday today, hurrah! Haven't looked yet, but need to see where I am. Going to ring the vets soon and see if we can get in tonight.

Also need to ring nursery and let them know little jwil will be back next week.

I'm trying to use all of my free listings for 'new' items rather than just standard relists. I have used some of them to adjust prices on existing listings, but the rest will be for completely new items, and if I don't use them all, then I'll relist some of the unsold.

I have sold one item I changed the price on and it's been on there for ages, so really pleased about that.

I redeemed £3 from a survey site yesterday for Paypal so waiting for that to come through.

Hope everyone is well :)
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • jwil
    Options
    Hey everyone :)

Hope you are all well.

Yesterday I managed to get the cat to the vets, book her in to the cattery and booked our hotels for the way up and back. I'm going to get the ferry booked on Tuesday as I should be able to get a discount then.

I also managed to get a few bits listed on ebay as well.

Today I went and sold at the car boot sale by myself. It was nice to have a couple of hours alone after being housebound with little jwil all week. I sold quite a lot so pleased about that. Not huge money again, but lots of books and small items gone :D

I was hoping to sell again on Monday but the weather is looking rubbish, and it doesn't look like we'll be going tomorrow either, so will have to try and get on with stuff in the house.

Nothing bought today so very well behaved. I was tempted by some cloth nappies, but the lady didn't have them all out and then I didn't have time to go back, so that was money saved. I have enough really so it's not a problem.

Time to settle in for some trashy tv (x factor :D) and a book. It has just occurred to me that by the time they announce the winner of the x factor, there's every chance the baby will be here :eek:

Happy weekend everyone :)
  • dawnybabes
    dawnybabes Posts: 2,583 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Omg, that's scary, it's come around so quick
    Sealed pot challenge 822

Jan - £176.66 :j
  • abba1772
    abba1772 Posts: 7,746 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    When you put it like that it's kind scary how quickly your preganancy has flown in xx
    NEXT TARGET: Halifax credit card DEC 22 £0 / £4499.12
    POAMAYC 2011 £6378.35 POAMAYC 2012 £5000.78
    POAMAYC 2013 £3480.04 POAMAYC 2014 £4085.14
    POAMAYC 2015 £7565.24 POAMAYC 2016 £8000.90 POAMAYC 2017 £7278.80 POAMAYC 2018 £13208.18POAMAYC 2019 £13309.28 POAMAYC 2020 £15026.05
  • jwil
    Options
    I know, it's creeping up on me!
  • peaceandfreedom
    Options
    jwil wrote: »
    I know, it's creeping up on me!

Exciting though, Jwil, we are going to be virtual aunties again :j.
  • jwil
    Options
    First payment of the month:

1.[STRIKE]£76[/STRIKE] - £76C1
    2.[STRIKE]£52[/STRIKE] - £52 MI
    3.[STRIKE]£1840[/STRIKE] - £1840 LI
    4.[STRIKE]£600[/STRIKE] - £544 HA
    5.[STRIKE]£750[/STRIKE] - £750 BCM

Total: [STRIKE]£3318[/STRIKE] - £3262
  • DedicatedDFW
    Options
    Well done on the sales and the payment jwil :D xx

did you do any more carbooting in the end?
    CC1:T £[STRIKE]2531[/STRIKE] £1460
    MORTGAGE OVERPAYMENTS: £10575.20 Target £12,100
    MF Date: [STRIKE]August 2042[/STRIKE] May 2035
    Declutter 1000 things by Xmas 2015! 53/1000
  • jwil
    Options
    Well done on the sales and the payment jwil :D xx

did you do any more carbooting in the end?

Thanks DDFW :)

No more car booting, it was very wet here over the weekend.
  • jwil
    Options
    Hey everyone :)

I'm getting a bit edgy now as everything is creeping up on me and although I've made progress, I'm nowhere near where I was hoping to be by now.

The house is still a mess, and my finances are not where I want them to be.

So I've decided to give myself a new challenge. It's 90 days until the end of November, which is when I will be looking to stop for a while (assuming baby stays in place :D ) and when I leave work.

I want to get more of the house cleared and get some money put aside. So I am going to challenge myself to get as much as I can done.

There are three main areas:

Paying off debt - target: £3000. This will clear a debt which has a large monthly payment, freeing up a lot of extra cash over my maternity leave (I will still set my monthly targets as well, but have a separate focus on this debt).

Decluttering - target 1000 items. This should easily be done :eek: I will try and get as much out as I can both big and small. Items will be sent to ebay (only counted when sold), car boot and charity and recycling. I will also have to rid myself of my aversion to binning things because we have a lot of 'odds and sods' which are no use to anyone, charities don't want and realistically just need to be binned.

Ebay - goes without saying really. No specific target here, but get as much as I can on and links to both targets above - decluttering and raising extra cash. I will count items listed for DH as it does involve decluttering but will not count any of that financially.

So, the 90 day challenge begins! I have to be mindful of the fact that although the head wants to get on, sometimes (often!) at the moment, the body is saying no. I will continue to try and declutter books when that is the case, because they are by far the largest amount of clutter on my part.

Lets see how well I do :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family