Shifting this debt one £ at a time.

Options
1143144145146147149»

Comments

• jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,167 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Well I haven't heard back from my complaint yet, but I've just looked at the account and the balance has gone down by £600! :T :T So it looks like they've refunded all the charges and interest. Hurrah!

That's pretty much halved the balance :D I'll wait til I get a letter before I really celebrate but I'm very pleased about that.
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • tattycath
    tattycath Posts: 7,175 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    jwil wrote: »
    Well I haven't heard back from my complaint yet, but I've just looked at the account and the balance has gone down by £600! :T :T So it looks like they've refunded all the charges and interest. Hurrah!

That's pretty much halved the balance :D I'll wait til I get a letter before I really celebrate but I'm very pleased about that.

Yay! That's fantastic a news jwil xx:)
    GE 36 *MFD may 2043
    MFIT-T5 #60 £136,850.30
    Mortgage overpayments 2019 - £285.96
    2020 Jan-£40-feb-£18.28.march-£25
    Christmas savings card 2020 £20/£100
    Emergency savings £100/£500
    12/3/17 175lb - 06/11/2019 152lb
  • jwil
    Options
    Thanks tattycath, I'm really pleased.

I've been doing some research over the last few days due to the fact that the bills are all arriving, and all seem to be going up!

Nursery fees are up £80 a month :eek:
    Council Tax is up £12 a month
    Water is roughly the same but is hugely expensive anyway as we are rated and not suitable for a water meter.
    Electric and gas are up £10 a month (though I'm hoping this will be less as I'm back at work this year)

As things are tight anyway this doesn't help. I've been looking at Childcare vouchers (which I get), the tax free childcare and Childcare elements of tax credits. Doing the calculator it looks like we'd be better off not getting the vouchers and seeing if we can get the childcare tax credits instead. The calculator suggests so, so I've left the childcare vouchers as of the end of this month, and then next month will adjust my tax credits to see if we are eligible.

If it turns out we are not, I can reenter the childcare vouchers within the next 12 months, or if DH gets some permanent work, I can switch to the new tax free childcare which looks like it would save us more, but we can only get if we are both earning.

It's all such a flipping minefield!
  • jwil
    Options
    I've been catching up on surveys. Including one very tedious one which took forever, but pays relatively well.

I've redeemed a couple of times and am close again with a few more.

I've got a load of listings prepped so need to try and get them on later.

As it looks like I've had a result with that account, I've made a small payment to it to round it down. I prefer my debt to be whole pounds, not pennies as it's easier to keep track of!

Little miss is very grumpy and tired today, hope she's not coming down with anything (chickenpox is doing the rounds at nursery).

Hope everyone is well :)
  • jwil
    Options
    Today's update:

Targets for 2017

1. [STRIKE]£2000[/STRIKE] - £1807 MCA
    2. [STRIKE]£13,000[/STRIKE] - £12,965 NW
    3. [STRIKE]£400[/STRIKE] - £365 JOD
    4. [STRIKE]£1200[/STRIKE] - £1180 ACS
    5. [STRIKE]£200[/STRIKE] - £200 ABC
    6. [STRIKE]£430[/STRIKE] - £430 HS
    7. [STRIKE]£280[/STRIKE] - £280 AS

Total: [STRIKE]£17,510[/STRIKE] - £17,227

Total mortgage/debt: [STRIKE]£190,975[/STRIKE] - £189,985

Decluttering:
    Books: 197
    Magazines/papers: 33
    Ebay parcels: 452
    Other: 134

Total: 759

Ebay listings: 543

Survey/other earnings:
    Amazon: £25
    Paypal/cash: £47.14
    Other vouchers:
  • jwil
    Options
    So, added to the declutter list:

128. 1 x pack post its
    129. calculator
    130. 5 x unopened packs envelopes
    131. 1 x bundle loose envelopes
    132. 1 x pen
    133. 6 x notepads
    134. 2 x pens
  • jwil
    Options
    Not much has been done over the last week or so due to poorly kiddies. Fingers crossed they are getting better now. We've been at the docs every day this week so far!

I did manage to get to a nearly new sale and get some clothing for them so that's good.

We've had some more sales this week. Sadly the printer died, so had to fork out £45 for a new one :mad:

DH has been doing most of the poorly childcare so I haven't had to have too much time off work, but my hours are seriously lacking now!

He has also managed to prep loads of listings, including a load for me, so need to get those on.

I also need to sort out thank you cards for little jwil's birthday gifts, and post a Mother's day card to my Mum.

Big changes happening on the work front, not sure how good that is going to be or the implication on jobs. Hopefully I'll find out a bit more later this week or next week.

As I've done TV/phone/internet etc, I must get round to sorting out our energy and seeing if we can save anything on that. We've had our annual usage statement and estimated usage for this year, so should be straightforward.
  • jwil
    Options
    I've decided it's time for a new diary. I hope you'll pop over and say hello :)

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5624384
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Wow!! Following you over now... x
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure