Shifting this debt one £ at a time.

Options

Comments

• jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,316 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Why is it always 1 step forwards and 10 steps back? :(

I think my clutch is going. It's not totally unexpected as it's been going for years, but it's never bloody ending. I never seem to get a chance to get ahead.

I can't afford it, I don't have any savings. Because it's no council tax and water this month, I was hoping to put a bit away. I'm going to have to use that now and still try and scrape the rest of the bill.

Every sodding time I think I might start making progress there's something else. :mad:
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • retiredandskint
    Options
    I feel your pain jwil. My S and DiL are the same it's just so hard. For once, now I'm mortgage and debt free I was able to give them some money to help out. It's so wrong that working couples have to struggle. Keep plodding on you'll get there xxx
  • Happytogetdebtfree
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your doggie jwill :-(. The car is been a real pain isn't it ... I hope the clutch doesn't cost too much. Xx
    I AM A MONEY MAGNET, THEY ARE MAKING MORE MONEY FOR ME AS WE SPEAK:pMIKES MOB, DFW NERD 1071, DFW LHS 132!MIRACLES HAPPEN I'VE SEEN IT WITH MY OWN EYES. LBM 08£77240.69 Current outstanding total £36083.01 Paid so far = £41157.68
  • jwil
    Options
    I feel your pain jwil. My S and DiL are the same it's just so hard. For once, now I'm mortgage and debt free I was able to give them some money to help out. It's so wrong that working couples have to struggle. Keep plodding on you'll get there xxx

Thanks retired. That's lovely that you were able to help your son and DIL. I'm so pleased that you are mortgage and debt free, it must be such a relief.

I figure there has to come a point when it gets better :o
    Sorry to hear about your doggie jwill :-(. The car is been a real pain isn't it ... I hope the clutch doesn't cost too much. Xx

Thanks Happy. I'm not certain that it's the clutch, will have to get Dh to check it out, but it's been coming for years now. I think the bill will be roughly £500 from what I asked previously :(

How are you doing? It's lovely to hear from you again!
  • jwil
    Options
    DH has taken the car to the garage. Apparently it's the clutch and gearbox. They are going to try and source one so I'm going to be without a car for a while :( At least it will give me time to try and raise some cash.
  • abba1772
    abba1772 Posts: 7,746 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Fingers crossed it's not too expensive xx
    NEXT TARGET: Halifax credit card DEC 22 £0 / £4499.12
    POAMAYC 2011 £6378.35 POAMAYC 2012 £5000.78
    POAMAYC 2013 £3480.04 POAMAYC 2014 £4085.14
    POAMAYC 2015 £7565.24 POAMAYC 2016 £8000.90 POAMAYC 2017 £7278.80 POAMAYC 2018 £13208.18POAMAYC 2019 £13309.28 POAMAYC 2020 £15026.05
  • tattycath
    tattycath Posts: 7,175 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your dog jwil. (((Hugs))).
    Sorry about your car too, they can be so expensive.
    My DH bought a car a few months ago and I think he has been royally ripped off. So it's becoming expensive what with one thing or another going wrong with it. So I feel your pain.
    GE 36 *MFD may 2043
    MFIT-T5 #60 £136,850.30
    Mortgage overpayments 2019 - £285.96
    2020 Jan-£40-feb-£18.28.march-£25
    Christmas savings card 2020 £20/£100
    Emergency savings £100/£500
    12/3/17 175lb - 06/11/2019 152lb
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hope weekend is picking up for you xx
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • jwil
    Options
    abba1772 wrote: »
    Fingers crossed it's not too expensive xx
    tattycath wrote: »
    Sorry to hear about your dog jwil. (((Hugs))).
    Sorry about your car too, they can be so expensive.
    My DH bought a car a few months ago and I think he has been royally ripped off. So it's becoming expensive what with one thing or another going wrong with it. So I feel your pain.
    brizzledfw wrote: »
    Hope weekend is picking up for you xx

Thanks Guys. Tattycath - that's why I keep paying for this one to be repaired - I've had it nearly 10 years now and it was 7 years old when I got it. Generally it's a great car and very reliable, whereas you don't know what you get buying something else.
  • jwil
    Options
    Well, still in limbo about the car, waiting to hear what's happening.

I've been getting the park and ride to work as the bus stops close by, and DH drops me at the car park on the way to nursery.

I've had quite a few sales this week, but can't make any payments as I need to save what I can towards the car. DH is going to put it on his CC and I'll have to pay it off as quick as I can (I still owe him for the last lot of repairs!)

He's still not having much luck with the job hunt, but has had the odd bit of temporary work and had a tax refund. He's pulled out loads of stuff for listing, so that's good too.

I want to sit down and have a good look at our finances and see if I can build a proper budget and see what we need to live on. Although DH is very frustrated about being at home, it's quite nice not having to worry if the kids are ill etc, and having him around to help out with the pickups etc. He has a hobby that he would love to turn into a business, but he can't see that he can make enough out of it. I think he could if he worked hard at it and combined it with some temping.

So I want to look at everything, and see what our basic needs are and where we can cut back.

I'm going to look at our phone/tv/broadband package first and then energy to see if we can get any savings there to start with.

I've received a £7.99 refund from RM this week for a lost item, and am due a £13 payout from a survey site. Also got £3 pp from a survey site too.

Hope everyone is well :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family