Amazon: £20
    Paypal/cash: £30
    Other vouchers:
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,316 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Just made a couple more small payments today. Two parcels posted as well.
  • abba1772
    abba1772 Posts: 7,746 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Sorry to hear your hubby didn't get job that's a shame, has he applied for many jobs???

Hope little jwil feels better soon xx
    NEXT TARGET: Halifax credit card DEC 22 £0 / £4499.12
    POAMAYC 2011 £6378.35 POAMAYC 2012 £5000.78
    POAMAYC 2013 £3480.04 POAMAYC 2014 £4085.14
    POAMAYC 2015 £7565.24 POAMAYC 2016 £8000.90 POAMAYC 2017 £7278.80 POAMAYC 2018 £13208.18POAMAYC 2019 £13309.28 POAMAYC 2020 £15026.05
  • jwil
    Options
    abba1772 wrote: »
    Sorry to hear your hubby didn't get job that's a shame, has he applied for many jobs???

Hope little jwil feels better soon xx

He's applied for a few, there aren't loads around at the moment, so he's registered with a few agencies for temp work. Most of the jobs that are around are a fair distance away so this would have been nice as it's only down the road.
  • peaceandfreedom
    Options
    jwil wrote: »
    It's a nice sunny day here, so thought I'd strip all the beds and get them hung outside to dry. Sodding neighbour has now got a bonfire going so they are all going to stink. Every time without fail it's a nice day they are either out there with a chainsaw all day making loads of noise or with a bonfire or barbecue which always blows straight into our garden :mad:

It is INCREDIBLY annoying when people do that, they really have no consideration do they? Why wait for a nice sunny day to light a bonfire - they should light one on a drizzly evening, that would be the ideal time.

Someone has obviously lit a fire around here today because I can smell it from the bathroom upstairs, where the window was open all day. Grrrrrr :mad:.

Sorry to hear that Mr Jwil didn't get the job but hopefully something will turn up soon.

I am a bit puzzled by the payments you are listing - if you are starting a DMP, what are these payments for?

Hope little Jwil is feeling better soon :).
  • Eager_Elephant
    Eager_Elephant Posts: 4,714 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    jwil wrote: »
    It's a nice sunny day here, so thought I'd strip all the beds and get them hung outside to dry. Sodding neighbour has now got a bonfire going so they are all going to stink. Every time without fail it's a nice day they are either out there with a chainsaw all day making loads of noise or with a bonfire or barbecue which always blows straight into our garden :mad:

Can you speak to your neighbours about it?

In my row of 6 houses no one has a bonfire until evening and then all neighbours are told what time the bonfire will start so we get a chance to get our washing in - not 5 minutes notice but maybe an hour or so.

It works well (unless neighbour next door who's husband is inconsiderate decides to stoke the bonfire the next morning and throw more stuff on while my washing is on the line:mad: Luckily neighbour noticed quite quickly (may have had something to do with my moaning loudly) and threw water on it:rotfl:

Sorry DH did not get the local job. Fingers crossed he gets something soon.
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Just catching up jwil. Sorry OH didn't get job but fingers crosssd for temping.

Good idea EE re bonfire management .. reckon you could do the same..people need to be especially considerate when you live close together (not on your own landed estate :))
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • jwil
    Options
    It is INCREDIBLY annoying when people do that, they really have no consideration do they? Why wait for a nice sunny day to light a bonfire - they should light one on a drizzly evening, that would be the ideal time.

Someone has obviously lit a fire around here today because I can smell it from the bathroom upstairs, where the window was open all day. Grrrrrr :mad:.

Sorry to hear that Mr Jwil didn't get the job but hopefully something will turn up soon.

I am a bit puzzled by the payments you are listing - if you are starting a DMP, what are these payments for?

Hope little Jwil is feeling better soon :).

It's so annoying and so rude :mad:

The payments are not part of my DMP, they are for various things:

1. Mortgage (just paying a bit more here and there, doesn't *need* to be done, but makes me feel good)
    2. Savings (a dream target really :o but I need some urgently)
    3. Joint overdraft (not included in dmp as it's joint)
    4 & 5. My half of some bills (not urgent but would like to clear)
    6 & 7. A couple of things needing doing. Again not urgent but would like done.

They are targets for the full year so not monthly like I was doing before :eek: .

:D
    Can you speak to your neighbours about it?

In my row of 6 houses no one has a bonfire until evening and then all neighbours are told what time the bonfire will start so we get a chance to get our washing in - not 5 minutes notice but maybe an hour or so.

It works well (unless neighbour next door who's husband is inconsiderate decides to stoke the bonfire the next morning and throw more stuff on while my washing is on the line:mad: Luckily neighbour noticed quite quickly (may have had something to do with my moaning loudly) and threw water on it:rotfl:

Sorry DH did not get the local job. Fingers crossed he gets something soon.

Thank you. They've been spoken to before, but don't seem to care. I know others have complained too :(
    brizzledfw wrote: »
    Just catching up jwil. Sorry OH didn't get job but fingers crosssd for temping.

Good idea EE re bonfire management .. reckon you could do the same..people need to be especially considerate when you live close together (not on your own landed estate :))

Thanks Brizzle. Sadly consideration doesn't seem to mean anything to them as we've tried before.
  • jwil
    Options
    Shattered this weekend. Trying to get some listing done. Will also try and pull out and pack everything that is selling today.

I didn't do an awful lot yesterday as was feeling too tired. Looked through some books and another 5 to go.

Going to try and clothes hunt at the car boot sale again today. Can't wait for the season to start properly again as we've got so much built up to car boot, we are running out of space to declutter more. Just need a bit dryer weather and they will all open again as they are waiting for the fields to dry out. The one we do most usually opens at Easter so not long to go now. I wouldn't want to sell at the one we are going to today as it's so cramped.
  • jwil
    Options
    No luck at the car boot yesterday.

Lots of sales yesterday so lots packed and posted today. A few more have paid up today so some more to go tomorrow.

I filled up my car so that's the ebay money allocated.

I've been having one of my down days about the state of the house and how I seem to do nothing but ebay but it doesn't get any better. I was thinking about just being ruthless and clearing out the lot without trying to make any money from it.

It's very tempting however, I then realised, that it's mostly not my stuff, so any gaps made would probably soon be filled again. Time to nag DH again I think. He's listing so much stuff but there don't seem to be any gaps appearing, so he must be making gaps in areas I don't go, i.e. loft/garage. So he is going to start having to shuffle stuff around into these places so it's not all over the living spaces.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport