4.[STRIKE]£607[/STRIKE] - £549 HA
    5.[STRIKE]£800[/STRIKE] - £212 BCM

Total: [STRIKE]£3463[/STRIKE] - £2326
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,167 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Handed in my official maternity leave request today :D The countdown begins...

Barely slept at all last night so I'm shattered. Tried little jwil in his new nappies last night and he was still soaked this morning :( Fed up with it. I'll have to contemplate a bit more.

DH sold two BIN items overnight, they were both quite bulky and have been on ebay for AGES, so really pleased about that :T He's got another potential INR though, I asked them to wait a few more days, so that's a bit annoying. He had to refund for a returned item yesterday as well (an error in the listing, that was our fault). I had an INR as well, but it was only low value.

I did manage to get 20 items listed yesterday as well so pleased with that, but don't have any great expectations for them. Hoping a few go though.

Not sure what the plan is for the weekend. Maybe some car booting, as the weather is looking good. Otherwise pottering around the house and trying to get rid of some more stuff.

Hope everyone is well :)
  • peaceandfreedom
    Options
    jwil wrote: »
    Handed in my official maternity leave request today :D The countdown begins...

Exciting times, Jwil - when roughly will you stop work?
    Barely slept at all last night so I'm shattered. Tried little jwil in his new nappies last night and he was still soaked this morning :( Fed up with it. I'll have to contemplate a bit more.

How old is little Jwil now, Jwil - is he dry during the day (I should probably read back and find this out). It can be a tricky time - I was very lucky that when my kids were dry during the day, the night-time dryness just seemed to happen very quickly. But you can't make it happen, if you see what I mean.

We are having an impromptu BBQ today as the weather is so nice. Must go and make some salads now. I think I will spend the rest of the weekend doing very little actually :D. I am not having a holiday this year, so have awarded myself a little time off instead - one must have an excuse for lazing around SOME of the time :).

Enjoy your weekend and try to get some rest, Jwil.
  • abba1772
    abba1772 Posts: 7,746 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Baby k is a nightmare too jwil for wetting straight through but he's niectelling us when he needs his nappy changed and I limit his fluid intake after 7pm he gets half a cup of juice before bedtime now and he doesn't get through thank goodness but I ask the doctors to test him for diabetes as I've never known a child to pee so much lol turns out he's fine just pees like a horse..............should make potty training fun lol xx
    NEXT TARGET: Halifax credit card DEC 22 £0 / £4499.12
    POAMAYC 2011 £6378.35 POAMAYC 2012 £5000.78
    POAMAYC 2013 £3480.04 POAMAYC 2014 £4085.14
    POAMAYC 2015 £7565.24 POAMAYC 2016 £8000.90 POAMAYC 2017 £7278.80 POAMAYC 2018 £13208.18POAMAYC 2019 £13309.28 POAMAYC 2020 £15026.05
  • jwil
    Options
    Exciting times, Jwil - when roughly will you stop work?

How old is little Jwil now, Jwil - is he dry during the day (I should probably read back and find this out). It can be a tricky time - I was very lucky that when my kids were dry during the day, the night-time dryness just seemed to happen very quickly. But you can't make it happen, if you see what I mean.

We are having an impromptu BBQ today as the weather is so nice. Must go and make some salads now. I think I will spend the rest of the weekend doing very little actually :D. I am not having a holiday this year, so have awarded myself a little time off instead - one must have an excuse for lazing around SOME of the time :).

Enjoy your weekend and try to get some rest, Jwil.

I'm finishing in December, 2 days before my due date! I'll use up whatever leave I have left as well, not likely to be much :)

Little jwil is not quite 2.5 now. He's not interested whatsoever in potty training, so I'm following his lead. (We've also got a 15hr drive ahead of us in October, so I'm not pushing it as I don't fancy that with a potty training toddler :rotfl: )

Hope the BBQ went well and you enjoyed your lazy weekend :)
    abba1772 wrote: »
    Baby k is a nightmare too jwil for wetting straight through but he's niectelling us when he needs his nappy changed and I limit his fluid intake after 7pm he gets half a cup of juice before bedtime now and he doesn't get through thank goodness but I ask the doctors to test him for diabetes as I've never known a child to pee so much lol turns out he's fine just pees like a horse..............should make potty training fun lol xx

Little jwil still drinks loads overnight. I'm going to have to tackle it by getting rid of the bottles, but have no energy to at the moment. I think it's just a comfort thing rather than a genuine thirst.
    I need to be brave and get on with it when I can face a sleepless night or few!
  • jwil
    Options
    We had a weekend of carbooting this weekend. Sold on Saturday and looked around 3 yesterday. We did well on Saturday, we didn't take a lot in money, but as nearly everything we sold was 3 or 4 for £1, we got rid of loads of items, including books! So I was very pleased with that.

Unfortunately yesterday we bought quite a lot :o I found DH a massive load of stuff he collects - I can't exactly moan at him for not decluttering when I'm enabling him can I! :o To be fair, it was a huge bargain though. A couple of bits for little jwil and some baby equipment for the new one.

I need to sort through all my existing baby clothes and decide what I'm keeping and what can go. Then I'll know if I need to buy anything (I doubt it, but maybe some tiny baby stuff as 0-3 was massive on little jwil). I'm going to then try bundling up the rest and selling it, as it hasn't really been shifting at the car boots.

I've also identified some new stuff to go.

I've also decided that now I'm getting rid of a lot of my stuff, I'm going to donate my spare wardrobe space to DH for the time being for some of his stuff that he wants to keep in order to clear space for him to sort out the rest of his stuff. He did actually sort a few things out yesterday so that's all ready to get listed and go now.

Sold 5 things over the weekend, so that's all been posted today. It was nice not to have a mountain of packing to do.

I did make a small payment as well. I need to think about hotel rooms for our trip in October, the ferry crossing and also DH's birthday next month, so need to try and get lots of extra in this month. Plus of course, I want to continue to pay off my targets!

Lots to be getting on with then :D
  • jwil
    Options
    Today's small payment:

1.[STRIKE]£80[/STRIKE] - £0C1:T
    2.[STRIKE]£90[/STRIKE] - £0 MI :T
    3.[STRIKE]£1886[/STRIKE] - £1559 LI
    4.[STRIKE]£607[/STRIKE] - £549 HA
    5.[STRIKE]£800[/STRIKE] - £212 BCM

Total: [STRIKE]£3463[/STRIKE] - £2320
  • DedicatedDFW
    DedicatedDFW Posts: 4,234 Forumite
    Options
    You are doing so well jwil - i bet it felt good clearing all that stuff at the carboot - even at low value you know its an item which is going to be used / appreciated which is much better than just throwing things away in my opinion :)

i just bought 1 item at the carboot on sunday and that took some consideration - i want things out not replenishing :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Thats a shame about little jwils stuff not selling - it sounds a good idea to bundle it up in that case :)

hope you manage to sort something nice for your mr's birthday jwil - mine will be getting an iou i think :o and with any money i get for my birthday i will be paying it off my target card :cool: i know how to live :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    CC1:T £[STRIKE]2531[/STRIKE] £1460
    MORTGAGE OVERPAYMENTS: £10575.20 Target £12,100
    MF Date: [STRIKE]August 2042[/STRIKE] May 2035
    Declutter 1000 things by Xmas 2015! 53/1000
  • peaceandfreedom
    Options
    Little jwil is not quite 2.5 now. He's not interested whatsoever in potty training, so I'm following his lead. (We've also got a 15hr drive ahead of us in October, so I'm not pushing it as I don't fancy that with a potty training toddler :rotfl: )!

There is no point in pushing them into potty training if they are not interested - boys in particular take longer than girls I found. But it is good to get it done in summer time because you can let them wander about the place semi-naked and it's easier to dry any extra washing.

But I quite see your point about the long journey in October, I do have many memories of having to stop the car, fish out a potty and seat a little bottom on it :D.

Worse still is when they have an urgent need to go to the loo when you are in the middle of a busy supermarket. Or when it's too late ...... ah, the memories :rotfl:.
  • peaceandfreedom
    Options
    I've also identified some new stuff to go.

Sold 5 things over the weekend, so that's all been posted today. It was nice not to have a mountain of packing to do.

I did make a small payment as well. I need to think about hotel rooms for our trip in October, the ferry crossing and also DH's birthday next month, so need to try and get lots of extra in this month. Plus of course, I want to continue to pay off my targets!

Lots to be getting on with then :D

You are always so busy, I feel quite ashamed of my own inactivity lately :p.

Well done on the selling and the extra payments and the general getting-on-with-it. Remember to put your feet up every now and again as well, you need your rest :naughty:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure