MSE EE broadband deal : We want your feedback

Options

Comments

• EE
    EE Posts: 305 Organisation Representative
    Options
    I am looking for a BB and phone provider ATM and I have contacted EE recently about their offers and package details. With all the hassle that people appear to be having with the cashback it makes me think the cashback is all to get people on to a contract with nothing to show for it. Am I correct or has anyone actually received any cashback?

I am out of contract ATM with my current provider and want to find the best deal that I can. I am quite prepared to move to another provider as my current one has a few issues with the service which I am not happy with. I will go with the best deal available for me.

Can anyone provide any information on whether these cashbacks are legitimate or not and do they pay out?

Hi

I can confirm both Quidco and Topcashback are legitimate, as are a number of other cashback sites.
    They do pay out. Sometimes there is a delay but they do have systems in place where you can raise claims if you havent recieved your cashback.

Thanks
    Jade- Representing EE
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of EE. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • johnwhy
    Options
    Hi Jade,

Re- My previous post.

I have raised the claim for my EE cash back via TCB now 3 times.
    This is now nearly 7 months and still no cash back.
    Latest reply from TCB says that EE cannot trace their reference number that they gave to me upon start of the contract.
    Who do I believe?
    Who can I contact at EE to progress this further?
  • EE
    EE Posts: 305 Organisation Representative
    Options
    johnwhy wrote: »
    Hi Jade,

Re- My previous post.

I have raised the claim for my EE cash back via TCB now 3 times.
    This is now nearly 7 months and still no cash back.
    Latest reply from TCB says that EE cannot trace their reference number that they gave to me upon start of the contract.
    Who do I believe?
    Who can I contact at EE to progress this further?

Hi JohnWhy

If you provide TCB with a proof of bill they can forward this on to EE to overturn their current decision.

I am happy to look in to this for you. If you can forward me your order reference, and proof of bill I can investigate for you. My email is jade.taylor@affiliatewindow.com.

Thanks
    Jade- Representing EE
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of EE. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Victoriajayne
    Options
    Finally got my £120 amazon gift voucher today, and applied it successfully to my Amazon account
    Many thanks to Molly from affiliatewindow for chasing it and getting the email resent/forwarded to me.
    If anyone else is still having problems, persevere as you will get them eventually ! :-)
    Google is my friend ..... :j
  • Gbarcs
    Options
    DK17141440

David,
    Took up the MSE offer. Everything has been fine but now after the Xmas bustle I've checked out the router set up. I have the latest wireless 801.1ac adapter on my PC and couldn't get the 5G service from the router. EE have only supplied the old Brightbox, only set to 2.4G. not the latest version Mk2. The latest Brightbox has been around for some time so I think this is pretty barefaced. I haven't seen anyone else complain? I am still within the 3months of cashback so that's not an issue at the moment.
  • Pincher
    Pincher Posts: 6,552 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Gbarcs wrote: »
    I have the latest wireless 801.1ac adapter on my PC and couldn't get the 5G service from the router. EE have only supplied the old Brightbox, only set to 2.4G. not the latest version Mk2.

My impression is you get BrightBox 2 with Fibre,
    but BrightBox if you have ADSL2+.

Having Dual Band is not necessarily a blessing.
    I just returned a Virgin SuperHub that does 2.4GHz and 5GHz.
    The Wi-Fi connection cuts out a lot, and it was because the two Bands were clashing. Took months before a Virgin person said it was a known problem.
  • kazmo
    Options
    I have joined this forum to warn folk not to touch EE Broadband. I switched from BT, having finished my contract time with them, as both the MSE offer (Amazon vouchers) and the fees appeared favourable.
    Since applying for phone and BB supply in early Dec, EE have been an ABSOLUTE ****** nightmare. The BB should have been live on Dec 30th, and as of February 15th, I still have no Broadband, though have been charged for it, I have received no contract, I have spent nearly 9 hours on the phone to nearly every department in EE, and I have lost count of the number of times that I have been promised call-back, which never came, and have been given 4 more start dates since late December, none of which have happened. The customer service staff have occasionally been pleasant (if ineffectual), but more often rude, dismissive and blaming BT for not switching me.
    Since asking for my MAC code to leave them a week ago, I have had two threatening letters, two begging texts offering me "exclusive offers", and two cold calls from the retentions department, who seemed clueless to the history and lack of service so far, and not one phone call, email or letter regarding my complaints about complete lack of service. I have a complaint number, and a promise of a call back within 10 working days - that was three weeks (17 workings days ago...).
    I am at my wits' end - HOW do you deal with a company that will not acknowledge any complaint. PLEASE HELP, anyone that has managed to make any headway....
  • Pincher
    Pincher Posts: 6,552 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    A little surprise regarding the EE TV Box: apparently it's worth £300. Well, since it has a 1TB hard drive, and possibly four Freeview tuners, I don't doubt it. If it can work as a media server for the whole house, that would be fantastic.
    So it only comes "free" if I ACTUALLY paid the £25.70 per month.

The way it works is, for broadband and Line Rental only, the FULL price monthly is

£25.70 = broadband for £9.95 + Line Rental for £15.75

Now, my Quidco deal means there is a monthly Customer Discount of £7.45, so I am only paying £2.50 (= £9.95 - £7.45) monthly for broadband, plus Line Rental. They are saying they cannot give me a "free" EE TV Box when I pay so little. So if I want the EE TV Box, they will have to remove the £7.45 discount. Also, the contract term will be increased to 18 months, instead of 12.

Effectively, I will lose £7.45 x 12 = £89.40 in discounts, but gain an EE TV Box.

As Line Rental Saver of £132 can only be paid yearly, the final 6 months will be £25.70 per month for real.

No mention was made on the £100 Quidco Cashback, so I should still get it.

I didn't have to switch to EE, but I think the whole painful process is just so I can play with the EE TV Box, so I'm going for it.
  • brekerr
    Options
    It's about 5 hours now waiting for a responce to emails and phone calls.
    This started with a 30 minute wait on hold, to be hung up on by the EE agent when I asked him what the contention ration was on our broadband, he clearly didn't understand this very basic terminology and then hung up. It seems to indicate that EE don't train their staff in basic technical terminology and have nothing in place to deal with their agents hanging up on customers when it is the most convienent thing for them to do. At one point they asked me to PM them on Facebook then replied to the PM by saying they could reply to the PM.
  • York13
    Options
    I went for this deal and I didn't even get as far as claiming my Amazon voucher because EE were so incompetent I had to cancel before they even connected me. Not that they didn't have ample opportunity to do so because I ordered it on the 5th of December and I cancelled it yesterday on the 16th February!

I was called on 3 separate occasions about the same issue with my address which was apparently preventing them from connecting me.
    I was promised call backs which never happened.

I have zero trust in this company to deliver any kind of customer service worthy of my attention!

I'm even debating if I trust MSE to provide me with decent information for my next choice of broadband after this mess.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure