🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

MSE EE broadband deal : We want your feedback

Options

Comments

• EE
    EE Posts: 305 Organisation Representative
    Options
    47 days for connection and the discount deal not applied getting charged £24.99 a month and I dont trust they will sort it out as promised

Hi Mark

Sorry to hear you have had issues also.

Would you like me to speak to EE customer services for you and try to have this resolved? If so, please can you email me at jade.taylor@affiliatewindow.com with a contact number and a further outline of your issues and I will do my best to resolve this.

Thanks
    Jade- Representing EE
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of EE. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • new
    Options
    I was looking forward to getting the EEE deal as they confirmed my post code location would be suitable.

Unfortunately it appears that the apartment block only has virgin cables. The technician who arrived was told this by the apartment manager.

I was not asked by EEE as to whether a BT line was required.

How disappointing! I am back to square one looking for broadband wifi without tv etc.
  • Victoriajayne
    Options
    Is there any chance of the promised Amazon voucher actually materialising ?
    Order was placed on 30/08/2014 via MSE link, and finally connected successfully on the second visit on 11th October 2014, with several lengthy phone calls since then regarding botched payments !!
    Google is my friend ..... :j
  • EE
    Options
    Is there any chance of the promised Amazon voucher actually materialising ?
    Order was placed on 30/08/2014 via MSE link, and finally connected successfully on the second visit on 11th October 2014, with several lengthy phone calls since then regarding botched payments !!

Hi VictoriaJayne

I do apologise that you havent recieved your voucher.

Please email eevouchers@affiliatewindow.com with your order reference, beginning DKI and order date and we can look in to this for you.

Thanks
    Jade- Representing EE
    I am the official company representative of EE. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • pika4ever
    Options
    Very poor broadband speed. Was promised the speed is 17mb/s (between 10-20mb/s) but end up getting 5mb/s. Significantly slower than BT who would allow us to download at 15mb/s most of the time. I regret porting the service over and have to wait until the contract finishes. This is a rip off - in fact more expensive than BT with the speed that you can get from them.
  • EE
    Options
    pika4ever wrote: »
    Very poor broadband speed. Was promised the speed is 17mb/s (between 10-20mb/s) but end up getting 5mb/s. Significantly slower than BT who would allow us to download at 15mb/s most of the time. I regret porting the service over and have to wait until the contract finishes. This is a rip off - in fact more expensive than BT with the speed that you can get from them.

Hi Pika4ever

Sorry to hear you are having speed issues. Would you like me to speak to EE customer services for you and see if there is anything they can do for you?
    If so please email me directly at [EMAIL="jade.taylor@affiliatewindow.com"]jade.taylor@affiliatewindow.com[/EMAIL] with a contact number and an outline, like you have here, or the issues you have faced.

Thanks
    Jade- Representing EE
  • SwissGaffer
    Options
    I thought my switch to EE was a one off glitch, just bad luck an isolated problem. However, reading this thread and comments on EE elsewhere I know I am now dealing with a company that has major operational issues and I have been left in limbo.

I placed order with EE on 6/1/2015, TalkTalk were about to increase the line rental and this looked like a good deal at just the right time . Received a confirmation email from EE. Letters from both EE (the gaining provider) and TalkTak(the losing provider) all good and well. TalkTalk stated switch would occur on or around 20/1/2015.

No welcome pack or router from EE.

On 20/1/2015 line was disconnected from TalkTalk but not transferred to EE. No calls in or out and no broadband!

Phoned Customer services that evening, 20 minutes waiting in a queue, about two minutes talk time to an operator and ten more minutes on hold while the operator contacted another department. I was told there was a problem with the number transfer, the information provided was incorrect and they only discovered the problem that day.

I was offered two solutions. Create a brand new order from scratch and wait ten working days or wait to see if a request for the number transfer again works, which coincidently takes ten working days.

When I queried why the welcome pack or router had not been sent out here was no explanation. It was pretty clear to me that something had stopped on their end and they do not have the processes in place to recognise or communicate these types of problems, not even to tell the 'losing provider' to delay the transfer.

I went with the second option, i.e. EE please do what you originally agreed to do. I also raised a complaint that evening using an online form on the EE website.

I gave all the details in the complaint, stated it was clear the problem was on their side and asked for someone from EE to phone me with details on how this was going to be fixed.

After three working days (coincidently their target response time is 72 hours for complaints) I received a very short email from EE:-

"... i have gone throughn your Information and found there is no account created yet as order was rejected due to incorect information.

you can call our New Line department directly who will be able to confirm on this occasion.."

No phone call, no plan to fix the issue, just a short response to get the complaint 'responded' to within the target 72 hours and the only 'advice' was to order a new line to replace the one that had not been transferred as agreed (and I expect wait ten more days).

So the order was cancelled, EE did not inform me at any time prior to this, I have not been told which information is incorrect. TalkTalk managed pretty well with the information to be able to disconnect on the day they said they would. EE would have managed that communication with TalkTalk. EE did not manage to send the welcome pack to the email they already had or send the router to the address they had, or phone the number they were supposed to transfer to warn of any issues.

I phoned EE again on 26/1/2015 at the same time the email was delivered. There was no queue to wait in, but the operator did but me on hold again for a long period of time as she attempted to find out what was going on. The call was twenty minutes long and the upshot was, the request for transfer had been sent and as this can take up to ten working days they were still waiting for a response.

I received a text from EE on the 27/1 saying "Hi, just to let you know that we're still working on your landline activation and need some additional information to activate your landline service. Please contact us on 02890446574"

I phoned the number at 9pm. After being in a queue for thirty minutes I had to hang up, it was not acceptable t wait that long. I have worked at companies where the aim is to answer a call within 'three rings' approx 5/6 seconds. In the space of one week I have made three calls to EE and two of them started with a queue wait time in excess of twenty minutes. That is sign of a well and truly broken process.

As EE are the 'gaining provider' the ball is theirs to drop and in my case they have failed dramatically..

It is now painfully clear to me that EE do not have a grip on the operational side of things. They are either overwhelmed with new business or they just do not have the systems in place to deliver what they claim to offer.

I am now left with no landline, no real idea if and when EE will do as they originally agreed. I may need to have new landline number, have spent time chasing EE, have had to buy a mobile Broadband sim(not EE) as a temporary solution and of course we are paying for Amazon Instant Video and NowTV subscriptions, but cannot use them.

Some people report slower speeds after switching to EE. We were getting 16-18Mb through TalkTalk as the exchange is around the corner. The prospect of having this hassle and then potentially losing broadband speed if/when EE connects is worrying.

I was tempted to cancel and go to plusnet. They want £49.99 to install a new telephone line - to replace the one that was working last week!

I feel like I have been duped by some fake ebay seller, not a large company like EE.

The £50 Amazon voucher swayed this deal for me as all others at the time just didn't look worth switching for. I think the mobile broadband and unwatched on-demand subscriptions are going to negate the benefit of the voucher.

S
  • EE
    Options
    I thought my switch to EE was a one off glitch, just bad luck an isolated problem. However, reading this thread and comments on EE elsewhere I know I am now dealing with a company that has major operational issues and I have been left in limbo.

I placed order with EE on 6/1/2015, TalkTalk were about to increase the line rental and this looked like a good deal at just the right time . Received a confirmation email from EE. Letters from both EE (the gaining provider) and TalkTak(the losing provider) all good and well. TalkTalk stated switch would occur on or around 20/1/2015.

No welcome pack or router from EE.

On 20/1/2015 line was disconnected from TalkTalk but not transferred to EE. No calls in or out and no broadband!

Phoned Customer services that evening, 20 minutes waiting in a queue, about two minutes talk time to an operator and ten more minutes on hold while the operator contacted another department. I was told there was a problem with the number transfer, the information provided was incorrect and they only discovered the problem that day.

I was offered two solutions. Create a brand new order from scratch and wait ten working days or wait to see if a request for the number transfer again works, which coincidently takes ten working days.

When I queried why the welcome pack or router had not been sent out here was no explanation. It was pretty clear to me that something had stopped on their end and they do not have the processes in place to recognise or communicate these types of problems, not even to tell the 'losing provider' to delay the transfer.

I went with the second option, i.e. EE please do what you originally agreed to do. I also raised a complaint that evening using an online form on the EE website.

I gave all the details in the complaint, stated it was clear the problem was on their side and asked for someone from EE to phone me with details on how this was going to be fixed.

After three working days (coincidently their target response time is 72 hours for complaints) I received a very short email from EE:-

"... i have gone throughn your Information and found there is no account created yet as order was rejected due to incorect information.

you can call our New Line department directly who will be able to confirm on this occasion.."

No phone call, no plan to fix the issue, just a short response to get the complaint 'responded' to within the target 72 hours and the only 'advice' was to order a new line to replace the one that had not been transferred as agreed (and I expect wait ten more days).

So the order was cancelled, EE did not inform me at any time prior to this, I have not been told which information is incorrect. TalkTalk managed pretty well with the information to be able to disconnect on the day they said they would. EE would have managed that communication with TalkTalk. EE did not manage to send the welcome pack to the email they already had or send the router to the address they had, or phone the number they were supposed to transfer to warn of any issues.

I phoned EE again on 26/1/2015 at the same time the email was delivered. There was no queue to wait in, but the operator did but me on hold again for a long period of time as she attempted to find out what was going on. The call was twenty minutes long and the upshot was, the request for transfer had been sent and as this can take up to ten working days they were still waiting for a response.

I received a text from EE on the 27/1 saying "Hi, just to let you know that we're still working on your landline activation and need some additional information to activate your landline service. Please contact us on 02890446574"

I phoned the number at 9pm. After being in a queue for thirty minutes I had to hang up, it was not acceptable t wait that long. I have worked at companies where the aim is to answer a call within 'three rings' approx 5/6 seconds. In the space of one week I have made three calls to EE and two of them started with a queue wait time in excess of twenty minutes. That is sign of a well and truly broken process.

As EE are the 'gaining provider' the ball is theirs to drop and in my case they have failed dramatically..

It is now painfully clear to me that EE do not have a grip on the operational side of things. They are either overwhelmed with new business or they just do not have the systems in place to deliver what they claim to offer.

I am now left with no landline, no real idea if and when EE will do as they originally agreed. I may need to have new landline number, have spent time chasing EE, have had to buy a mobile Broadband sim(not EE) as a temporary solution and of course we are paying for Amazon Instant Video and NowTV subscriptions, but cannot use them.

Some people report slower speeds after switching to EE. We were getting 16-18Mb through TalkTalk as the exchange is around the corner. The prospect of having this hassle and then potentially losing broadband speed if/when EE connects is worrying.

I was tempted to cancel and go to plusnet. They want £49.99 to install a new telephone line - to replace the one that was working last week!

I feel like I have been duped by some fake ebay seller, not a large company like EE.

The £50 Amazon voucher swayed this deal for me as all others at the time just didn't look worth switching for. I think the mobile broadband and unwatched on-demand subscriptions are going to negate the benefit of the voucher.

S

Hi S

Firstly I do apologise for the continuous issues you seem to have faced.

I am happy to raise this to the EE Customer Services team so we can resolve this for you as soon as possible. If you would like me to do this please email me directly at jade.taylor@affiliatewindow.com with a contact number and the above deatils of the issue.

Again I apologise for the inconvenience caused and hope we can resolve this for you shortly.

Thanks
    Jade- Representing EE
  • mevukpaul
    Options
    I signed up to EE via MSE as it looked like a great deal. Their online system wouldn't recognise the landline number I have (have had since I moved into the property) so I phoned them direct. Same problem, they said they'd have to send a new line engineer round and charge me for that then refund it when he got here and saw there was already a working landline.

He came on the 29th December, was confused but said it was all done and it was supposed to go LIVE on that day.

3 weeks later I noticed that the 404 code I received on a non-existing website was still talktalk's 9my old isp's) one. I phone EE. They said that TalkTalk had not accepted their number transfer request. I phoned TalkTalk, they said they had never received a request. I spent a few hours a day, several days going back and forth from one to the other trying to work out a way forward. EE said everytime they put the request in - it said TalkTalk had not released the line.

I found out that EE had put a random number on my account instead of my actual number. It took me ages to establish why this was (temp number I think) as each person I spoke to gave me different answers (It was a) because of the confusion at the star, b) a temporary number, c) the whole reason for the problem as they must've requested the wrong number from TalkTalk). They also informed me several times that my service was LIVE and active even though i knew it wasn't - they were referring to the imaginary number on their system.

I asked EE to put in a new request for my actual number while I was on the phone as TalkTalk were never going to accept the old request if they couldn't see it (and althout they told me to cancel TalkTalk and then get the number I thought that was very risky and didn;t trust them to reserve my number at this point I can't afford to lose it). EE informed me all line takeover requests go through BT Openreach. They put in the request and it didn't work again. They phoned Openreach and told me that Openreach had no record of my number existing and there was no way to take my landline number over. As I work from home that number is key to my business so I cancelled and requested a refund. I have a friend with connections in Openreach who is investigating whether EE are telling the truth or not - its a normal number for my area - they should definitely have a record of it's existence (I am being charged for it and it works after all)! EE shorted me 31.70 on the refund, I phoned today and they agreed to make that money up to the right amount.

READ THIS! --

Whilst the issue may be partly TalkTalk's fault my problem is with EE.

The above is the very short version of events. In truth it took me ages and ages and wasted over 9 hours of my time when I should have been working. EE's customer service team were unable to work out what happened. They never contacted me to tell me there was a problem I just got lucky and found out through a 404 code. I had to be the proactive force through the process asking them to do this and that to try to get to the bottom of this issue. They continually pass you from one department to the other. I begged a girl to let me speak to someone who could cancel the contract as I was at the end of my tether and she put me through to the technical faults section to fix 'the problem on my line' because the random number they had assigned me wasn't working and she refused to let me cancel until I had tried to fix that.

Its not the actual workers in customer services fault. They are put under massive pressure by EE's inadequate systems and a lack of knowledge of the overall picture due to the poor compartmentalisation of departments ((the girl who finally cancelled my contract for me said she didn't have the authority to do the refund (she was part of the cancellation team) and I'd need to speak to the refunds team - that's just one example)).

They just have no idea what they're doing and are unable to offer viable ways of moving forward successfully. They say all their pre-written spiel every time and the managers refuse to speak to you (say they are busy) and when they do speak to you they are no more useful than the person you originally spoke to.

They don't seem to want to help you. They want to pass you on to some else and end the call as quickly as possible (I found out that if you respond to their feedback request it goes against the last person you spoke to) without generating any work for themselves.

On top of this, the waiting time to get to speak to them is in the region of 15-30 minutes (not suprised if they are receeving a very high call level to be honest) and were it not for the fact that I still have a mobile phone on EE by default I would've been charged to call them and sit through that process that just makes you feel tense and generally unhappy.

This was my worst customer service experience ever. I'm so glad its over. Service for my mobile phone with EE (they took over t-mobile) was awful also (I can't register or log in to my account because of their systems auto-redirecting me incorrectly). In everything else I take the cheapest option - I learnt my lesson this time.

New Motto:

" Take the cheapest option. Unless that option is EE. "
  • EE
    Options
    mevukpaul wrote: »
    I signed up to EE via MSE as it looked like a great deal. Their online system wouldn't recognise the landline number I have (have had since I moved into the property) so I phoned them direct. Same problem, they said they'd have to send a new line engineer round and charge me for that then refund it when he got here and saw there was already a working landline.

He came on the 29th December, was confused but said it was all done and it was supposed to go LIVE on that day.

3 weeks later I noticed that the 404 code I received on a non-existing website was still talktalk's 9my old isp's) one. I phone EE. They said that TalkTalk had not accepted their number transfer request. I phoned TalkTalk, they said they had never received a request. I spent a few hours a day, several days going back and forth from one to the other trying to work out a way forward. EE said everytime they put the request in - it said TalkTalk had not released the line.

I found out that EE had put a random number on my account instead of my actual number. It took me ages to establish why this was (temp number I think) as each person I spoke to gave me different answers (It was a) because of the confusion at the star, b) a temporary number, c) the whole reason for the problem as they must've requested the wrong number from TalkTalk). They also informed me several times that my service was LIVE and active even though i knew it wasn't - they were referring to the imaginary number on their system.

I asked EE to put in a new request for my actual number while I was on the phone as TalkTalk were never going to accept the old request if they couldn't see it (and althout they told me to cancel TalkTalk and then get the number I thought that was very risky and didn;t trust them to reserve my number at this point I can't afford to lose it). EE informed me all line takeover requests go through BT Openreach. They put in the request and it didn't work again. They phoned Openreach and told me that Openreach had no record of my number existing and there was no way to take my landline number over. As I work from home that number is key to my business so I cancelled and requested a refund. I have a friend with connections in Openreach who is investigating whether EE are telling the truth or not - its a normal number for my area - they should definitely have a record of it's existence (I am being charged for it and it works after all)! EE shorted me 31.70 on the refund, I phoned today and they agreed to make that money up to the right amount.

READ THIS! --

Whilst the issue may be partly TalkTalk's fault my problem is with EE.

The above is the very short version of events. In truth it took me ages and ages and wasted over 9 hours of my time when I should have been working. EE's customer service team were unable to work out what happened. They never contacted me to tell me there was a problem I just got lucky and found out through a 404 code. I had to be the proactive force through the process asking them to do this and that to try to get to the bottom of this issue. They continually pass you from one department to the other. I begged a girl to let me speak to someone who could cancel the contract as I was at the end of my tether and she put me through to the technical faults section to fix 'the problem on my line' because the random number they had assigned me wasn't working and she refused to let me cancel until I had tried to fix that.

Its not the actual workers in customer services fault. They are put under massive pressure by EE's inadequate systems and a lack of knowledge of the overall picture due to the poor compartmentalisation of departments ((the girl who finally cancelled my contract for me said she didn't have the authority to do the refund (she was part of the cancellation team) and I'd need to speak to the refunds team - that's just one example)).

They just have no idea what they're doing and are unable to offer viable ways of moving forward successfully. They say all their pre-written spiel every time and the managers refuse to speak to you (say they are busy) and when they do speak to you they are no more useful than the person you originally spoke to.

They don't seem to want to help you. They want to pass you on to some else and end the call as quickly as possible (I found out that if you respond to their feedback request it goes against the last person you spoke to) without generating any work for themselves.

On top of this, the waiting time to get to speak to them is in the region of 15-30 minutes (not suprised if they are receeving a very high call level to be honest) and were it not for the fact that I still have a mobile phone on EE by default I would've been charged to call them and sit through that process that just makes you feel tense and generally unhappy.

This was my worst customer service experience ever. I'm so glad its over. Service for my mobile phone with EE (they took over t-mobile) was awful also (I can't register or log in to my account because of their systems auto-redirecting me incorrectly). In everything else I take the cheapest option - I learnt my lesson this time.

New Motto:

" Take the cheapest option. Unless that option is EE. "

Hi

I do apologise that you have had issues with EE since purchasing the broadband.

Is there anything else I can do? Would you like to raise a complaint?
    If so please email me directly at jade.taylor@affiliatewindow.com with a contact number and the above thread and I will pass this to the relevant team.

Thanks
    Jade- Representing EE
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 4 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport