MSE EE broadband deal : We want your feedback

Options

Comments

• blinkns1
    Options
    Hi there,

Just wondering if anyone could shed any light onto my situation.

I started a new contract with EE broadband 2 months ago. I've now had to move house and im getting only 2mbps. Obviously this means nothing is loading and therefore pretty pointless having the broadband. Spoken to Cust Service. As usual, weren't helpful at all. Spoken to cancellations, they said my only option was to buy myself out, which i don't want to do. So now I'm stuck!! Please help!
  • Dewpoint
    Dewpoint Posts: 144 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    blinkns1 wrote: »
    Hi there,

Just wondering if anyone could shed any light onto my situation.

I started a new contract with EE broadband 2 months ago. I've now had to move house and im getting only 2mbps. Obviously this means nothing is loading and therefore pretty pointless having the broadband. Spoken to Cust Service. As usual, weren't helpful at all. Spoken to cancellations, they said my only option was to buy myself out, which i don't want to do. So now I'm stuck!! Please help!

I think the first thing to do is check the max speed of your new line. Assuming you have a BT connection you can test here:
    http://diagnostics.bt.com/login/?workflow=Speed
  • rp_fisher
    Options
    I signed up to the deal in december and have just received my £100 amazon voucher
  • rookiethegooner
    Options
    I had initial problems with EE when i first ordered with them installing on one phone number but mistakenly using my old number for the broadband which caused all sorts of problems. Having already tried official channels of support from EE and getting nowhere i decided to try posting a message on here in the hope of some advise as can be seen earlier in this thread.

Once i left a message on here i got helped out very quickly and my broadband got sorted out faster than it otherwise would of done.

Anyway i still have not recieved my Amazon vouchers and i have queries with my bill so i have just sent EE the following email.
    Given previous experience I wont hold hold my breath and hopefully the EE representatives on here will be able to ensure i do get some help and also perhaps others who signed upto this deal encountered similar issues and can advise also.

I am writing in regards to EE home broadband ORDER REFERENCE NUMBER: DKI7145162 ordered on 22nd December 2014.

There are two reasons i am emailing firstly to chase up regarding my Amazon vouchers which I believe should have arrived or if not then it should be very soon. I had confirmation earlier in the year that i would be recieving them and that everything had tracked correctly despite early mistakes made at your end with my installation.

I would also like to query my bills as i dont believe they are correct.

I signed up through moneysavingexpert.com on 22nd December and i have included 2 screenshots of what was advertised on moneysavingexpert.com from where i followed links to take up the deal for my home broadband. I have also included screenshots of 2 of my bills. I would request that all of my bills are looked into as im not convinced any of them are correct.

The first bill which shows i have paid the line rental saver upfront (£138 includes the router p&p cost of £6) and also shows the engineer visit which apparently costs £60 whereas the advert said £30 for a new line so im not sure why it cost £60. If you could explain this.

Also on all of my bills i am being billed £9.95 a month when i was only expecting it to be £2.50 a month as per the advert again i dont understand why

I shall be sharing this same information with Moneysavingexpert.com as between the 2 of you i should get a reliable answer hopefully
  • spookyhelen
    spookyhelen Posts: 26 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I moved to EE just over a month ago and I am not happy.

For 3 weeks after the "activation date" we received no internet connection at all (adsl). But the relief when the light came on my Brightbox I though finally a few teething problems but now its all sorted.

4 days later again no internet connection :( A few hours spent on the line to "customer service" getting line diagnostics, checking connections, even opening up my own BT box to check other ports (which somehow had worked previously) I have been told I have a line fault and will be contacted by another member of staff. This hasn't happened and now its been another 6 days without the service I have paid for.

Im so sad I paid a years line rental upfront and have nothing to show for it except a lot of frustration and inconvenience.
  • seventytwo
    Options
    No problems with the switch to EE or in getting the £100 Amazon voucher. But when my land line failed, I had major problems. EE would never even answer their help line - I spent hours on a mobile, costing me a fortune on payg calls. Their nearest shop (in Chester) weren't interested and only offered use of their phone. Problem was eventually resolved after several messages/e mails to their head office.
  • crackus
    Options
    Poorish customer service. 3 weeks waiting to get broadband activated! Worked reasonably well, Amazon voucher used-no issues.
    Now, moved house-more than 12 months-end of contract, wanted to move service. Engineer was supposed to come and get line installed- nobody showed up. Neither landline nor broadband working. 1 hour on "improved customer phone line"-all done remotely, should start working by midnight. Nothing happened-next day another 30 minutes on the phone -apologies, should work within 72 hours-. Nothing happened-another hour on the customer care phone line-which included instructions that I need to unscrew plug socket and do some test- still nothing- engineer needs to come, but if they find any faulty,I need to pay 60£. Unhappy with overall handling of the case- decided to quit- threatened to pay 29 £ for cancellation service!
    What a rubbish company! Never ever EE again.
  • kingoranks
    Options
    Hi All,

Any know how long notice to give to cancel EE BB.Took a yr contract using MSE. Contract end next month. I like to cancel and take another MSE contract with EE
  • jhp2810
    Options
    Tried to sign up for the basic MSE deal this afternoon but they say they don't offer the standard service in our area - but I can have their fibre optic service at a much higher cost if I like!!!
    Twisters!
  • olip74
    olip74 Posts: 98 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 5 October 2015 at 11:34PM
    Options
    Bit of a poor experience during sign up. I registered with the MSE120 code and all seemed to be going well until checkout when I got this message:

"We couldn't complete your order at this time.
    We will contact you within two working days, with an update on your order."

I have a unique reference and as long as they honour the voucher code I'll be happy enough, but it's not the best start!!!

Edit: looks like it's going to go ahead OK after all, I've had emails from MSE confirming I registered for the voucher and from EE saying they will process my order. My current provider, TalkTalk, have also written saying they have been notified of the change of provider. Typically they also stated they would charge me £176 to cancel my contract even though I was assured I could leave without penalty following the recent price increase. According to the call centre this was just an automated letter and it will all come out in the wash!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure