We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Daydream fund challenge part 4

Options

Comments

• Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    Update on the sunrise lamp; it seems to wake me up alright and it seems to be helping Himself to go to sleep quickly. It's also a much nicer/softer light at night than the standard bulbs and it fading down is a lot better than having to reach over and turn a light off.

However, as can be seen by my still being up at half past sparrowfart, it's not actually helped me go to sleep as yet. :S
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • Fay
    Fay Posts: 1,031 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Happy new year to all you day dreamers, early I know. I really don’t like NYE. Always find it a terribly depressing evening, so it’s a quiet one at home for me and my new partner. Just some nibbles and a glass of fizz at midnight. Hoping 2019 will be a good year in my new house. Hope you all have fun or have peace whatever you are doing.
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I used to enjoy NYE. Indeed, I spent one in Trafalgar Square in the days before the spoilsports began draining the fountains to prevent idiots like my mate from jumping in and getting hypothermia! :rotfl:

However, chatting with Horse Woman 2 tonight, we all agreed that it would be a very quiet transition here, not like our old road where there'd often be a conga line and fireworks. They may ring the bells in the town, and the wind's right if they do, but hopefully no big bangs. Pete's been up here today banging in some new fencing for HW2 and Izzy hasn't enjoyed it. She's spent much of the time behind the sofa, growling. :(
  • tori.k
    tori.k Posts: 3,592 Forumite
    Options
    Happy new year everyone.
    New year will see me at the opticians had a cracking headache for 4 days now (eye strain) so will be tucked up in bed way before the bells. I will miss the boats/ships blowing their horns to summon in the new year with us now living inland so expect a peaceful night.
  • alfie_1
    alfie_1 Posts: 5,837 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    HAPPY NEW YEAR PEEPS

I will be having a guest to stay arriving Wednesday... watch this space ;):D
  • Davesnave
    Options
    :beer:Let's hope 2019's a good 'un:beer:

Oo-er alfie, someone we know? ;)

It was very noisy here after all. The church bells were loud, as predicted, then the posh neighbours up the road started a 10 minute coordinated firework display that was pretty full-on.

Both cats went bananas, but they've settled again now. The horses next door seemed to take it all in their stride. It's so mild here, they're still out. :)
  • choille
    choille Posts: 9,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Happy New year & May :lovethougAll Our Dreams Become Nearer In 2019
  • pink_poppy
    pink_poppy Posts: 1,486 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Happy New Year Daydreamers :D
    I haven't posted for ages, but hopefully will contribute more this year.
    tori, I'm intrigued as to what part of the country you're in with you saying about the boats/ships blowing their horns for the New Year. I've just found out that's what happens where we're going to be living this year :j
    I'm so excited that we're finally moving to Scotland!! We were originally looking at Dumfries & Galloway, but have ended up in the Highlands :j We are already halfway there, renting a house near to where my DH is working. We still have our house to sell (it's not ready to go on the market yet :o), but I'm happy to continue renting in the short term as I love where the rental house is.
    'A watched potato will never chit'...
  • choille
    choille Posts: 9,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Where abouts PP?
    All the best with it & have a smooth year ahead.
  • Davesnave
    edited 1 January 2019 at 3:49PM
    Options
    Started the New Year with a Bang. Cut down the 7m cherry tree that was impeding the growth of our maturing Wild Service Tree at the Dog End. :j

Spent a whole hour preparing and de-limbing, then cut a 'V' out of the side where I wanted it to fall. Got DW stationed at the end of a long rope ready to pull, then cut into the back of the 'V'...:cool:

It fell sideways onto the fence! :mad:

"Ah," said DW, "you didn't tell me to pull!":undecided
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport