We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Daydream fund challenge part 4

Options

Comments

• choille
    choille Posts: 9,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Goodness Alfie - I don't know how you do it. Good on you. It's a hard haul but all the paper work kinda is a trawl but keeps you going. You just have to battle through it.

It's been quite wet this afternoon so had a must do outside job & the midgies were up your nose, in your ears etc. I got some stuff from Boots for free to review & it actually works. A little tube of anti insect stuff that actually works.
    I seem to have jiggered my shoulder carrying stuff about - being a donkey. The weather has closed in but is still unreally warm. I 'found' a post on the road which a car had hit but had to snap it aoff as it was still a bit ajoined near the base & boy did I fall heaving it this way & that. I went down with a right bang. Soaking wet & clutching a bit of wood that won't keep a fire going for a few hours. I am such a cheap skate. A car went past & all heads looking at this woman on her back with a piece of wood clutched in her old little hands like she's found the Holy Grail.

Dave sorry to hear of your friend's woes re the housing thing.

Can hardly see the hills now the cloud has dropped like a veil - loads of folks up there - we'll hear the helicopters soon.
  • choille
    Options
    Anyone know of any decent wellies that won't split within a few weeks.

I'm sick of buying them & them splitting. I do do miles in them but I expect them to last above a few weeks.
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I buy these for everyday work, I'm a size 7 in shoes, but with these I'm only a 5.

They last me about a year.
    https://www.dunlopboots.com/en/products/dunlop-protomastor-full-safety-142vp
  • choille
    Options
    Thanks for that Dave.

Thanks Dave.
    I've had wet feet all day & enuff is enuff.

I'm a size 6 so that'll be me a size 4 I suppose. I'll have a shufty around Inverness when I'm over at the hospital on Tues.

It's dark & wet outside - weird to be dark so early on.
  • Davesnave
    Options
    choille wrote: »
    I'm a size 6 so that'll be me a size 4 I suppose. I'll have a shufty around Inverness when I'm over at the hospital on Tues.
    I think they only go from what they call size 5. They aren't the lightest or most comfy, but they are cheap and they last. I can't have a narrow boot, otherwise I'd maybe choose from women's ranges for comfort & the fact that they do small sizes.
  • choille
    Options
    Would I be able to do walks in them?

Lovely sunny day here after the torrential downpours yesterday.

I would like to hack at some trees that are growing so high they are blocking the view of the Loch. It is a thing when you are hacking stuff down as it's taking over.
  • Davesnave
    Options
    I used to walk in them and still do sometimes when fishing etc, but I'm finding with age that it's harder. That's probably why I'd now keep them for rough work and have a poncy light pair for walks, when I start doing those again in really wet weather.

For now, I just use leather boots for walking.
  • choille
    Options
    I just do a lot of beach walks & mostly get wet as I cross the River - like a wee pioneer I am.
  • alfie_1
    alfie_1 Posts: 5,837 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    choille wrote: »
    I just do a lot of beach walks & mostly get wet as I cross the River - like a wee pioneer I am.

do they need to be full on wellies or half and half type ?
    like wellies at the bottom and splash proof upper half canvas ?
    or real splish splosh up to the knee jobbies ?
    :D
  • choille
    Options
    Half & half would be okay. Do you know any that would do? I spend a lot of time in them so I would pay a reasonable amount for ones that would last.

Just done a mega relist on the bay but nowt much is selling.

We have so many midgies at the moment - the bats were out in daylight. That was quite odd I thought.

Just realised that the neighbours tree is hanging with plums. I can have them but what should I make?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback