We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Daydream fund challenge part 4

Options

Comments

• alfie_1
    alfie_1 Posts: 5,837 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    on our local lymington FB page, a lady pit a post requesting any old wedding dresses that she could up cycle for herself when she gets married next year on a tight budget [almost zero]
    well....
    so far she has numerous dresses to play with, a photographer, a classic car to take her, a cake and possibly a venue ! oh and flowers !
    warms my heart when unknown people come out to help.
    she is totally overwhelmed !

been a cooler but lovely day so far today.. my lawn needs cutting but I didn't have the umpf yesterday..
    went to see my dad after airport run and its so sad to see him so frail.. I feel very down when I leave him but I am so gratefull he is in THAT nursing home. care is 100% .
  • lucielle
    lucielle Posts: 10,747 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    My mums home looks after them really well. It's not a job I could do.
    L
    Total Debt Dec 07 £59875.83 Overdrafts £2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!!:j 08/06/2013
    Lucielle's Daring Debt Free Journey
    DFD Before we Die!!!! Long Haul Supporter #124
  • alfie_1
    First Post
    Options
    mowed my lawn last evening after work !!
    its amazing how many weeds have pinged up that have not been there previously ??

I went to the dentist yesterday as a tooth lost a chunk of filling... I used to have a lovely indian lady dentist who explained stuff and knew I am a nervous patient ! this chap took over when she left to travel... hes nice but very quiet and like getting blood from a stone with enquiries ... he just said , it cant be mended, book an appointment , will xray etc... I did ask if he could at least put a temp filling as it was sharp ? he begrudgingly did...
    but after poking around nearby with his poking tool , I got home and my very front tooth [ a crowned one that ive had over 25 years ] fell out !! I looked like nanny Mcfee !! so this morning I cleaned up and super glued it back in :D
    think I may change dentist at this point...:o

got the farrier today and an 8yr old little girl will accompany me.. friends grand daughter

weather cooler but dry
  • choille
    choille Posts: 9,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Glad that the dog has been ....ehhhhhh......mated Lucielle - Hope it is a beautiful litter.

Hope the mouse gets found Dave.

Hope the dentist stuff works out Alfie - it's like my last dentist was - he was great at pulling teeth but I lost far more than I should have of think - he was so quiet it was unsettling sitting there in the chair.

Neighbour in a home as things were getting scary silly with her falling down. She is quite confused but has been in that one before & they are really good - as some are certainly not.

Midgied to Hell outside. Taper & jointer back to do another fill. Things are progressing. Feel like I'm on holiday not having to rush up and check on neighbour. It's uncanny how much stuff I've managed to get done today so far.
  • lucielle
    lucielle Posts: 10,747 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Glad your neighbour is sorted Choille, Ouch to the tooth Alfie, don't think I could've done that.

L
    Total Debt Dec 07 £59875.83 Overdrafts £2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!!:j 08/06/2013
    Lucielle's Daring Debt Free Journey
    DFD Before we Die!!!! Long Haul Supporter #124
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hmmmmm.....I've got the dentist tomorrow too. Just one big filling into a broken tooth, which I think may fail, but it's cheap and I like her.......:o

DW and I have still not been feeling that great this week, so we have just muddled-along. Had to do a valve on a sheep trough yesterday, which involved emptying the thing and tipping it up....only to find we have lots of lesser diving beetles in there! It's an insane piece of kit, which ought to be easier to service, but I guess they design it to be cleaned-out once in a while.:o The beetles survived:A.

Glad to hear neighbour is in care for now, choille. When you feel responsible and they keep falling, it's a huge worry.

No, we didn't find the rodent and it's not smelling now, wherever it is, but I've caught a couple of others trying to sneak past the office here into the kitchen :mad: so have banished Izzy to the conservatory at night. :(

It's so quiet since the main road has returned to use. Sales have fallen, but it's never great in August.
  • alfie_1
    First Post
    Options
    hi all

well what started as a good day has ended up sh*te

poor dad is not at all good and looks like may be not getting better
  • ukmaggie45
    ukmaggie45 Posts: 2,968 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    alfie_1 wrote: »

poor dad is not at all good and looks like may be not getting better

Very sorry to hear that dear Alfie. Hoping very much that your Dad may rally despite what medics may think. Sending you my love and cyber hugs for strength. Will be thinking of you and your Mum.

Hugs from Wales.
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    A very difficult time for you and your Mum, alfie.

We'll all be willing Dad to pull through, but whichever way it goes, Dad knows he's loved and we know your Mum can rely on great support from you. :)

Take care xx
  • alfie_1
    First Post
    Options
    hi all

sadly pops passed on this morning
    terrible but a release from any more suffering
    thanks for your good wishes. xx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories