We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Daydream fund challenge part 4

Options

Comments

• COOLTRIKERCHICK
    COOLTRIKERCHICK Posts: 10,510 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Let's see what is on spring watch on BBC 2.
    Work to live= not live to work
  • Better_Days
    Better_Days Posts: 2,742 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your Mum IHS. You must be wiped out physically and emotionally trying to juggle everything. How are you doing Phoebe? Main thing is to try and get some decent sleep even if it does mean resorting to zopiclone or the like.

Thanks to all for your kind thoughts about Old Dog. :A Her tummy hasn't settled down so off to the vets tomorrow. She is very frail, so may not be good news.:(:(:( Or the vet may have a magic tablet that perks her up again......
    It is a good idea to be alone in a garden at dawn or dark so that all its shy presences may haunt you and possess you in a reverie of suspended thought.
    James Douglas
  • ukmaggie45
    ukmaggie45 Posts: 2,968 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    IHS, so sorry to hear about your Mum. And you must be horribly worried about your Dad too. Big cyber hugs from Liverpool for you and your family. :)

Just something that OH and I found useful when my parents were ill and we were searching nursing homes and doing hospital visits and trying to keep up with their laundry etc etc etc.... Try and find something that will give you a good belly laugh at least once a day. We used to watch some stuff on YouTube, I'd try find stuff via Facebook too. Laughter is good, sometimes we laughed more than anything at totally inappropriate stuff - usually the best laughs! :rotfl:

Do take care of yourself! Will be sending you The Vibes if that's OK. I've always found myself comforted by knowing other folks are thinking of me when I've been having hard times. So hope it helps in some small way.
  • I_have_spoken
    I_have_spoken Posts: 5,051 Forumite
    edited 3 April 2015 at 10:02PM
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your kind words, much appreciated.

Just back from the hospital and relieved to see mum out of pain and had been able to eat a little. Seems the two stents had done the trick of easing the constrictions in the blood vessels and the damage the heart muscle may not be too severe.

Still can't make any assumptions, at 91 and 93 parents are apparently the oldest couple 'on the books' of the social services and if either went tomorrow everyone would say they'd had a good innings.

If the weather is decent the 'me time' will be 1st visit of 2015 local NTS garden.

I really need to decide which car to buy, I must admit recent events are changing me from an 'MSE' mindset to 'enjoy it while you can'...
  • alfie_1
    alfie_1 Posts: 5,837 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    IHS.... I KNOW WHAT ITS LIKE WHERE PARENTS SEEM INFALLABLE THEN REALITY HITS, WHEN MY POPS HAD HIS MAJOR STROKE WE THOUGHT THAT WAS IT. BUT HE IS TOTALLY PARALISED ALL BAR HIS ARM AND HEAD. LESSER OF THE EVILS ?? I WONT EVER KNOW BUT I KNOW THE TIREDNESS OF COPING/HELPING/VISITING ETC TAKES ITS TOLL SO TAKE TIME FOR YOURSELF AND SADLY WHAT WILL BE WILL BE. [sorry left caps on and couldn't be arsed to re write it...] my thoughts are with you.
    BD... my old gal lab had had enough , I knew it and couldn't let her struggle on for my benefit. hard decision but I know I did right. its always hard but its the quality life they've had that counts. there are many poor things that never get a chance of being loved and cared for. im sure you will know. again my thoughts are with you.
  • phoebe1989seb
    phoebe1989seb Posts: 4,452 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 4 April 2015 at 2:00AM
    Options
    Very sorry to hear about your mum IHS, but pleased to hear she was a little better this evening.....I can sympathise with what you're going through with care for your dad too, as we had a similar scenario a few years back. Sending {{hugs}} your way x

I'm ok, thank you BD :) Mum's funeral arrangements are underway, but as Easter got in the way this won't be till 14th April.....xxx
    Mortgage-free for fourteen years!

Over £40,000 mis-sold PPI reclaimed
  • lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 4 April 2015 at 9:43AM
    Options
    Davesnave wrote: »
    I did say 'almost!' :p

:

Drugs are not a rarity in the sticks,:( my reference was it is a big mistake to think so. Not growing and running but underground clubs, wealth generated from often looking very respectable, and of course often heavy use of.
  • lostinrates
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Ihs, so sorry to read your news.

Coincidentally, and much less seriously fir went into hospital with chest pains last night. I have been teasing him for a while about his 'indigestion' but last night was worse but not like a heart attack. I called 111 essentially to forward I was bringing him in with chest pains but didn't feel we needed an ambulance, and yes, if that changed I'd call en route.

His pulse unnerved them, and thus him until I pointed out his fitness level ( roll eyes smiley) but they think while not pressing last night ( much to a few nurses' annoyance ;) he will need further investigation.
  • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    COOLTRIKERCHICK Posts: 10,510 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Morning all, hope for is OK lir, and you are OK too.....

Hubby going out on a memorial ride out today for one of our HA friends that sadly died a few years back.. I have decided to stay at home, and do a bit of batch cooking, and start off my runner bean seeds....got my bean poles coming on Wednesday, so will prepare the ground etc fingers crossed next weekend with a lovely dressing of pig poo lol
    Work to live= not live to work
  • lostinrates
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Morning all, hope for is OK lir, and you are OK too.....

Hubby going out on a memorial ride out today for one of our HA friends that sadly died a few years back.. I have decided to stay at home, and do a bit of batch cooking, and start off my runner bean seeds....got my bean poles coming on Wednesday, so will prepare the ground etc fingers crossed next weekend with a lovely dressing of pig poo lol

You're good. I find spring summer batch cooking much harder to think about. Weather is uninspiring but we are going to weed.

Yes fir and I are ok, thanks.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure