We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Daydream fund challenge part 4

Options

Comments

• Better_Days
    Better_Days Posts: 2,742 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Not a bad day here today. Chilly but a good bit of sunshine and got some washing dried.

Old dog got the runs, good job the carpet is old ;)
    She is on her last lap now, Mr BD in tears as it has hit him, it hit me a bit earlier in the week :(. She seems happy though, high on painkillers and we gave her roast chicken, scrambly eggy and rice for tea. She never gets chicken so a massive treat for her, but we have decided we are at the stage of doing everything we can to make each day as good as possible, even if not beneficial for her kidneys.

Bought a cheap 'n cheerful greenhouse - hopefully it will come next week. I will sit in it when the weather is nice and commune with my growing plants. :D
    It is a good idea to be alone in a garden at dawn or dark so that all its shy presences may haunt you and possess you in a reverie of suspended thought.
    James Douglas
  • RAS
    RAS Posts: 32,764 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    :bdaycake: Happy BD lir.

Love the folly but it would almost fill my little back garden:rotfl:

Am going to go home and check on the stuff that has been started and get some more going; it has been so cold and wet I think we are a couple of weeks behind although better than last year.

Would normally plant out my pea seedlings this weekend (Meteor); last year they actually went in at the first May Bank Holiday and then sulked for a whole month! Think they will be ready for next weekend. Onions to go however.

Need to dig and to sort that greenhouse. Tomorrow looks dismal but the rest of the weekend looks OK.

And we have a new bigger apiary to complete.

Re Monkey Puzzles - we have one on the plots. Dave, you ever get near Higher Eggbeer? They used to have a huge one in the front garden; first one I ver saw.

Happy Easter folks.
    The person who has not made a mistake, has made nothing
  • lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Aw, thanks RAS, xx you get about the boards , don't you ;)
  • RAS
    RAS Posts: 32,764 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Occasionally...........like once in the last month and it happened to be today.
    The person who has not made a mistake, has made nothing
  • alfie_1
    alfie_1 Posts: 5,837 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    you norty gal !! kept that quiet.. not any more...

HAPPY BIRFDAY....:beer: :T XXXXX
  • Fay
    Fay Posts: 1,031 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    :beer::beer::beer:Happy birthday Lir x :beer::beer::beer:
  • I_have_spoken
    I_have_spoken Posts: 5,051 Forumite
    edited 2 April 2015 at 8:13PM
    Options
    Car is kaput :(; can't really complain as it's a 1998 S-reg and has done me fine since about 2001, IIRC is set me back about £6,000 back in the day.

Now I can't decide between a cheap-as-chips 3-dr just as a runabout or getting a full-on middle-aged man mid-life crisis car to cheer me up...Please help me decide:D

f

media.jpg?id=119909345d7a8ba37549c5a6a73a53a9&width=640&height=480
  • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    COOLTRIKERCHICK Posts: 10,510 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Happy Birthday lovely LIR...

As its your birthday I am eating ice cream....pity I didn't have jelly to go with it lol...

Pig auction tomorrow, so we are going down there with an empty trailer, just in case we see anything.

Watching master chef now, don't want to watch ITV, as I will end up with very high blood pressure lol
    Work to live= not live to work
  • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Car is kaput :(; can't really complain as it's a 1998 S-reg and has done me fine since about 2001.

Now I can't decide between a cheap-as-chips 3-dr just as a runabout or getting a mid-life crisis car...

f

media.jpg

What's wrong with it ????

What ever you do, don't get a 2 door hair dresser car...lol..

What type of car are thinking of?
  • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Looks as though you edited your post, as I was quoting and posting lol
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing