PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 29th September 2014

Options
1212223242527»

Comments

• Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,084 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 5 October 2014 at 6:09PM
    Options
    decogecko wrote: »
    Anyone else removed a toxic parent from their lives?

Something similar, sort of yes, a few years ago - I removed both toxic brothers completely. Very cathartic.

The two pots on either side of the front door have been sorted, after weeks of me wanting them done. Humoungous task, totally completed in one hit with OH's help. Thank goodness I scrubbed the front steps et al a couple of weeks ago - it made the clearing up very quick. It is now all clean and welcoming.
    Better is good enough.
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,850 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Evening

Wrk done
    I feel worn out tonight, however dinner cooked, shopping list made for tomorrow.
    HB you must do what ever you think is right for your dog, hugs for you x
    So going to wash up
    then wander around internet for a bit
    wrk2 tomorrow

hugs all round xxx
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Aww hugs for you and mrs dog, honey bear

Hugs for you too, deco not a parent but I did cut off a "friend" after 15yrs of being used, blamed, envied and generally an emotional beating stick. Not regretted. Feel sorry for aforementioned person, after the anger had gone (anger mostly at myself for putting up with it for so long). Pity. This person has no skills to form / maintain any kind of relationship, which I think is sad. But not my responsibility.

Today has been a good day in Bossyland. The kiddies have been absolutely full of beans, and although it made for a slightly temperamental evening, it has made a really fun day. They've played nicely together, so I've been able to potter (in between playing too) and get a few bits done.

DD did tell me when she needed to go to bed, bless her :A and since then I've helped DS sort his room, and get him off to bed, then I got our bags together for morning, made my lunch and finished the ironing, just watching the end of the dancing results show.

Shower and a bit more time with my book after.

See you all on the new thread x
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • YORKSHIRELASS
    YORKSHIRELASS Posts: 6,301 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi all

I am sooo tired. Managed to do quite a bit of paid stuff this weekend and caught up on most of the washing. Just had a general tidy around and checked my online banking.

I am going to try and get up at 6.15 tomorrow and do an hour before I have to get ready for work, I am just so behind with everything.
  • Dustykitten
    Dustykitten Posts: 16,503 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    The birds of sadness may fly overhead but don't let them nest in your hair
  • MinnieMousesMummy
    Options
    Good evening, I am just going to update my list for the last time this week.

Monday

Tuesday
    Order laundry basket for ds2's room (I have decided that each child will have their own basket for dirty laundry rather than me needing to collect from around the floor)

Wednesday
    Contact BT regarding email bill that has come in for a number that I have not had for about 8 years.

Thursday
    Book a skip for after the holidays
    Sort out a list of availability for part time job
    Email part time job to let them know when I am available

Friday
    Find paperwork for the washing machine cover (I forgot that I had this and I have been trying to find the correct part, it only came to light when I check online banking yesterday)

Saturday

Sunday
    Make a list of clothes that are needed for going on holiday, as I will need to get them ordered
    Catch up with this weeks thread
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport