PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 29th September 2014

Options

Comments

• Frizzle_2
    Frizzle_2 Posts: 1,104 Forumite
    Options
    Update on my jobs...

[STRIKE]15 minutes floordrobe clearance
    Vacuum floors in bedroom and on landing[/STRIKE]
    HHI
    [STRIKE]Remove clutter making sure stairs especially are safe [/STRIKE]
    Clean front door inside and outside..
    Deflea any pets
    [STRIKE]Make up rest of party bags
    Pick up balloon with correct age on it![/STRIKE]

Have also cleared the kitchen, 2 x wm and tidied living room again!
    Just had lunch going to whiz round and have a quick tidy up and wash the front door (ready for balloons and banners!).
    Then at 2pm I am going to have 2 x hhi if anyone wants to join me. Then I want to quickly put banners up before the school run!
    Grocery challenge-
    J- 52.40/£200 M- 187.56 A- 212.93 M-193.44 F-201.31 J- 240.62 D- £149.27 N- £210.69 O- 196.80
    S- 213.68 A- £213.03 J- 249.66 J-206.29, M- 252.91, A-£250, M- £250

debt free as of feb 2015. Now saving for deposit for new house! Moving in June 2015!!!
  • just_the_two_of_us
    Options
    Frizzle - I'll join you for 2 x HH but C not ironing! and I'm starting now to get done before DH gets home!!

Thanks - you all made me feel better about my "me time"!!

Pigpen - hope you're OK soon.
    July 16 £95/£200
    Nov 16 £0/£200

"To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don't need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself." Thich Nhat Hahn
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,090 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Two hours me time decluttered buying 20% off a Liberty print for my new summer weight dressing gown, passing the time with Karen in the fabric shop who showed me her zip and piping foot which explains why I can't get a professional finish on my piping, and then being gave me a free pattern. Excellent morning, super- pleasant and jolly well spent. I totally support the two hours me time movement.

Several phone calls, emails and local visits made about paid stuff that I have been putting off for weeks. I'm going to have to invest some serious time in it soon or it'll come off the rails.

My office, my haunting RoD, is a complete and utter TIP again. Just as well the sporadic permanent lodger will be needing it for two nights next week or it would get even worse. I haven't done the filing for months. So, that and it and will be done by 5.00 pm next Tuesday.

Mrs Dog is a lot perkier.
    Better is good enough.
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Enjoy your party, frizzle

Washing hung up, DW switched on, kitchen S&S. Cuppa made. Can't really be bothered to do much else :o
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • Crowdpleaser
    Crowdpleaser Posts: 1,277 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Washing blowing.

Mattress finally arrived. New carpet is fitted tomorrow and dh has built bedside table. Have been and bought lampshade and a stool for her desk. Am hoping she will be in by Sunday eve.

Dd2 at a party at 4 so will be rushing out to that from school. Im selling at nct sale tomorrow so last bits to price tonight. Hope I dont come back with much!

Xxx
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    October Challenge progress: I've made a start on a complete re-hash of my personal Flying lists; one list for the whole week, colour coded to show which room each task pertains to, rather than assigning a room per day. The idea is to work through the list in a week, but not be confined to a single room - this will provide more flexibility for lupie-days and for when I have high-maintenance canine guests. Also, we'll start on a Saturday, with the tasks I have to get help with, rather than starting on a Monday. We'll start tomorrow, see how it works next week, and tweak as necessary. Tasks can be deleted once done, or if I deem that they really do NOT need doing at this time. Obviously, the list won't include daily things like S&S-ing the kitchen and bathroom, or occasional things like washing curtains ;) and the list concludes with a few ongoing things that can be progressed if I have time/energy.
    Now.... have I missed anything vital, I wonder?:think:

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]W/C Saturday 4th October 2014[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Remove bath lift and clean it[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Clean bath, shower and tiles over – check taps for limescale[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Change bedlinen[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Clean compost caddy[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Test smoke alarm[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Ironing[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Hoover throughout[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Clean behind radiators[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Empty bins – nb dustmen due TUESDAYS[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Clean sink, draining board and drainer; check taps for limescale[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Dettox kitchen surfaces, table, trolley and cupboard doors[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Clean hob[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Clean micro[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Clean oven [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Check/clean fridge[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Dust kitchen bookshelf, tops of cupboards[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Duster-onna-stick round high areas in kitchen[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Wipe tiles and window sill[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Clean kitchen window + door glass [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Clean washing machine drawer[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Dust flat surfaces and pictures in lounge[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Clean remotes, keyboards, mice, phone[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Duster-onna-stick round high areas in lounge[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Clean lounge window + door glass [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Dust flat surfaces and pictures in hall[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Duster-onna-stick round high areas in hall[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Clean front door glass[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Wipe bathroom tiles[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Clean loo; use limescale remover[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Clean wash basin – check taps for limescale[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Duster-onna-stick round high areas in bathroom[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Dust top of bathroom cabinet[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Clean shower screen[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Dust towel rail[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Clean bathroom window and mirror [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Wash bath mats [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Dust all flat areas and pictures in bedroom[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Duster-onna-stick round high areas in bedroom[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Clean bedroom window [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Refresh altar[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Dust all flat areas and pictures in end room[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Duster-onna-stick round high areas in end room[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Ensure crates are all tidy[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Empty shredder [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Clean end room window [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Eat a Frog[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Sort a cupboard or drawer[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Weed magazine racks[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Sewing[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Cross stitch[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Knitting[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Beading[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Candle-making[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Gardening[/FONT]
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • just_the_two_of_us
    Options
    Quick update - have done 2 x HH paperwork plus 20 mins extra !!!

Now feeling dizzy but a huge amount has been sorted - will do another double HHC this evening and should then be much improved.

I am now a happy bunny - why oh why do I put it off!!!
    July 16 £95/£200
    Nov 16 £0/£200

"To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don't need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself." Thich Nhat Hahn
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Options
    DS1 just flown in from work and out again to a concert. (with request can a friend sleep over tonight as they'll be back late) DS2 demolishing a bowl of cocopops before tackling his homework (which means im about to get evicted off the puter)
    going to go and tidy something, i have done stuff today but not really followed the lists.

i will get what i need doing done by 6pm as thats when a large glass of something will be in order. after the week here i deserve it and to top the week off completely something happened at work that left me shaking, think it was the adrenalin rush but i came home from work told DH and promptly burst into tears

have a good weekend all what ever you are doing
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • Dustykitten
    Dustykitten Posts: 16,503 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I ache, pilates then my garden and then neighbour knocked and asked if I could do their's today too. I need to do some ironing but have set off my tennis elbow in the garden so will give it a couple of hours.

Dinner and washing up next.
    The birds of sadness may fly overhead but don't let them nest in your hair
  • mummyyof5
    mummyyof5 Posts: 1,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hugs Mrs MP..hope you can relax later x
    More ironing done
    3 lots of washing done and dried outside
    DS1 has hoovered downstairs,emptied kitchen bin.done recycling twice.took clothes to various rooms and polished LR..he has now gone out with friends

DD1 has sorted out freezer side of my american F/F..so not a small job,we now have ideas for a couple of meals

DD2 has been at work all day but is bringing bread and milk home...saved me a trip to town..no shops nearby.

DS2 just walked in from college and is starving so will be putting tea on very shortly

I also cleaned kitchen bin and swished all sides
    Feeding 6 Adults 1 Teen a 8 year old with hollow legs and a very fussy 5 year old. Also 3 cats and 3 fishies
    To include all Food,Toiletries and Petfood.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure