PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 29th September 2014

Options

Comments

• pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,054 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    tomorrow is the last day for delivery of the new mattress here.. I am not a force to be reckoned with at the moment so it had better come
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • mamaninie
    mamaninie Posts: 430 Forumite
    Options
    not a good week for flying I'm afraid. I'm just exhausted, very snappy with the small people and only just about managing to feed them move them around to the places they need to be. Middle one to football straight after school , then home for a quick tea, then all of us out again to take biggest one to beavers.

DH has done a disappearing act to manchester today for work so isn't around to help with trekking around, but at least I do have the car as he took the train.

cat litter tray, scoop and food bowls bought today and I have had a little go at the bathroom, but floors and skirting still outstanding.
  • bmma
    bmma Posts: 607 Forumite
    edited 3 October 2014 at 6:45PM
    Options
    Like that idea Lamewolf- may copy x
    :hello::coffee:Penny Pincher in training
    Keep Calm Keep Vegan:):staradmin
    year's food budget £1,920
  • bmma
    bmma Posts: 607 Forumite
    Options
    dailies done:)
    fixed computer (lost connection):):)
    library:)
    organized cat food area (storage):)

:hello::coffee:Penny Pincher in training
    Keep Calm Keep Vegan:):staradmin
    year's food budget £1,920
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,094 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 3 October 2014 at 8:13PM
    Options
    Pear tree stripped with the help of excellent neighbour, OH has replaced the blown bulb in the outside light (the other one only works when the temp drops below freezing - weird or what? - shopping done, market and library visited appropriatly. My feet hurt.

I also flew the chalet (one out today, two in tomorrow). We've put off increasing the cost as long as we possibly can, so I've drafted and printed a letter warning everyone the prices will go up in 2016 so they will all get a year's notice. Except for one couple, arriving tomorrow, for whom the prices go up next year. Anyone who argues the toss about £30 for an extra night in self-catering holiday accommodation with a sea view for four people (all you can hear the sea, it's fabulous - my avatar is the view) deserves to pay more than anyone else in 2015 just for pi$$ing me off.
    Better is good enough.
  • YORKSHIRELASS
    YORKSHIRELASS Posts: 6,309 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi all

Did the paid stuff this morning (lovely boss let me go half an hour early because it was quiet). Sorted the food shopping, came home and walked the dog then DS asked me if I wanted to go for a bike ride. So I abandoned the housework and we went off on the bikes, had a great time and felt so much better for it.

HM pizza for tea and a bottle of wine in the fridge. I have to work tomorrow on job number 2 but never mind. Will try and get some down time on Sunday.

I am struggling a bit with the flying at the moment, like your idea LW, maybe I should try it just to shake things up until half term.
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Options
    mummyyof5 wrote: »
    Hugs Mrs MP..hope you can relax later x

ive stopped shaking now but ive never had to save a choking child before, so glad i paid attention during the first aid course, did it without even thinking but shaking like a leaf for ages after thinking what could have happened
    i think ive earned my glass tonight
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • Lozzy88
    Lozzy88 Posts: 780 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    ive stopped shaking now but ive never had to save a choking child before, so glad i paid attention during the first aid course, did it without even thinking but shaking like a leaf for ages after thinking what could have happened
    i think ive earned my glass tonight

Mrs.MP that is an amazing thing you have done, I would feel very lucky if you were watching my children. So sorry to hear about your MILs health, I hope the treatment helps.

LW good luck with your hospital appointment, I know this is something that is going to cause you a lot of stress and anxiety please cut your self some slack, I hope MrLW is feeling much better now

Sorry there is sooooo much more to add but I have no time just now, massive hugs to all.

I haven't posted for ages but would love to re-join next week please thank you.... See you all Monday
  • mummyyof5
    mummyyof5 Posts: 1,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Wow..MrsMP..you are a hero.thats amazing..no wonder you were shaking,you have certainly earned that glass or twoxxxx
    Feeding 6 Adults 1 Teen a 8 year old with hollow legs and a very fussy 5 year old. Also 3 cats and 3 fishies
    To include all Food,Toiletries and Petfood.
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Oh bless you mrs mp what a s0dding week you've had! You deserve more than a glass of vino and I'm sure the child's parents are eternally grateful to you xxx

Honey bear sorry but I did chuckle and yes you should charge them more ;)

I'm all done except making my bed. When I brought the washing in there was a bee on my duvet cover, it wasn't letting go. I shook it, wafted it, slapped it with the pillowcase (which it then grabbed onto lol) I must have looked like lunacy embodied :rotfl:

And now it's Friday night. The kids are in bed, I'm here alone, again, with the internet for company. Gah. Groundhog Day.

Actually I might finish my book tonight. Maybe take a brew up to bed soon.
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family