PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 29th September 2014

Options

Comments

• Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,937 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hello, just back from the village event and have given the dogs a quick walk before it rains again. Not a great day for the village thingy as it poured with rain and hardly anyone came along. I was manning a stall and the organiser looked surprised when I handed over the money. I don't think she expected anything! I bought a book from the book stall to relieve my boredom.

Just having a cuppa. DH is due home soon and has suggested we go out for a meal tonight so I'm looking forward to that.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,050 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    My August-September electric bill..

Account balance:
    £3.06

Not sure my card will pay such tiny transactions lol
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • mummyyof5
    mummyyof5 Posts: 1,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Wish mine looked like that Pigpen

Congratulations to all the family Valli...does he have a name?...no probs if you would rather not say xx

Been to town with DS1 today...decluttered £40 on 3 t-shirts so they have gone to the man in red...also got LOs advent calendar...Moshis so that will please him...only need to get DD2s now.
    got some smellies for an orange themed bag for one of DD2s pressies

I have done very little..one wash one load in dryer,,,need to go do swapsies on them
    DW x1
    put shopping away and sent DS2 to mums with presents
    Did drop a bag at CS

I have friends coming for a chinese tonight as its one of their birthdays...will also skype our friend in Canada as this will be the first get together that she wont be at...will be lovely but sad at the same time..miss her dreadfully.
    So need to give kitchen and LR a tidy...hope DS1 will hoover for me
    Feeding 6 Adults 1 Teen a 8 year old with hollow legs and a very fussy 5 year old. Also 3 cats and 3 fishies
    To include all Food,Toiletries and Petfood.
  • Dustykitten
    Dustykitten Posts: 16,503 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Made a decent start on paperwork but got bored so dusted DS2's roomwhilst it was empty ready for him to put everything back, he is not home yet.

Dusted landing and unpacked DS2's fod stuff into our cupboards.

Sun is out now so if it continues tomorrow I'll be able to move some bits in the garden as planned.

Feeling a bit overwhelmed by the amount of decluttering that needs doing again in just about every room. Think I'll write a plan tomorow trying to allocate a day or so to each room aiming to get it all done by the end of November, ebaying along the way if I can.
    The birds of sadness may fly overhead but don't let them nest in your hair
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,831 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    He's Oliver.

There was no bed in the hospital so labour progressed well at home until mum heammoraged (sp?) at 9cm (measurement not time) and midwife (was with her) phoned 999 and they were blue-lighted into to her preferred hospital :eek:

but I have seen pictures
    *melts*

I have bought my sister and BiL a 'Grandparents' card and my mum and dad a Great Grandparents one *sniggers*
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,937 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Evening all, just back from meal and DH has gone to bed. Dogs going mad when we got back as we left L. Tarbuck on r2 and she was doing the dog toy squeaky thing - very funny.

Think I'm just going to crash in front of the telly now. Plan for tomorrow:

2 hours me time
    Hoover/mop through house
    Take dogs on new route
    Bath dogs
    Gardening

'See' you all tomorrow.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • lynnejk
    lynnejk Posts: 5,732 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hi everyone :hello:
    pigpen wrote: »
    Oh.. I found a home for my old wedding dress.. its been sat in a binbag for 20 years ... there is a fb group collecting them to make in gowns for angel babies so it is being bundled off to them.. I was very blessed with all my beastlets so feel it is a good thing to do for someone else in their time of need... so sad to think of so many angels wearing them though :( Those poor mummies and daddies and families
    Aw pig-pen - I wish I had one to donate now. That brought tears to my eyes - well done.
    ive stopped shaking now but ive never had to save a choking child before, so glad i paid attention during the first aid course, did it without even thinking but shaking like a leaf for ages after thinking what could have happened
    i think ive earned my glass tonight
    WOW Mrs MP - what a super star you are. Well done :T It's great having the confidence the course gives you eh.

Not had a good flying week as been working silly hours and not had much time to myself. Also DH was changed to different shift to cover for sickness so even meal-times been a prob. Oh well - glad week nearly over.

Will try to catch up but at least done the dailies and kept kitchen up to scratch. All WUDUPA now done, all surfaces wiped and oven etc clean - just floor to do tomorrow.

Maybe just get bathroom done tomorrow as well, as have to shop and cook roast etc and then start with a new week on Monday :)

All washing done and dried, folded and put away but a horrible hugemungus mountain of ironing to do :(

My list
    Sort waterproof cover for outside storage box
    Sort CDs
    Practice Spanish
    Do prompt cards for Spanish
    Sort big bookcase
    Do something new
    Start accounts for September
    Check all debits and c/c

Sort recycling
    Put out recycling
    Ironing

October Challenge
    (1) clear out the balcony boxes, refill and plant loads of dillydaffs
    (2) Sort Room of Doom for good !!

(3) Sort both freezers, run down and defrost
    (4) Finish and hang thermal curtain linings for spare room
    (5) Sort out all my clothes

Sticks, spoons, ((hugs)) and winning vibes to all who need them and hope you all have a super Sunday
    Lx
    £10day.2014=3213/2015=3421/2016=3238/2017=2702/2018=498..APR=12.03/300
    GrocC.2014=2162/2015=2083/2016=218/2017=1996/2018=450..APR=17.13/200
    Bulk buy.......APR=233.76
    GC.NSD..2015=216/2016=213/2017=229/2018=39..APR=03/15
    SPC130:staradminx61..2014=1178/2015=1287/2016=4616/2017=3843
    OS WL= -2/8 ......CC =00......Savings = £13,140
  • Dustykitten
    Dustykitten Posts: 16,503 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning all

Condensation city here this morning but it is bright and sunny so gardening on the cards when it warms up.

WM on, kitchen half tidied, family watching GP.

Going to finish the kitchen then jump in the shower for first turn.
    The birds of sadness may fly overhead but don't let them nest in your hair
  • YORKSHIRELASS
    YORKSHIRELASS Posts: 6,308 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning

My little dog obviously woke up last night and decided to attack the vinyl flooring in the office where he sleeps. He has managed to scrape the top off a piece about 4 inches square right in the doorway. We are going to decorate in here and put new flooring down but it wasnt a priority job. Not a good start to the day.

Plenty to do today, washing to go in, dusting and hoovering to do, and paid stuff on job no. 2. Might offer to help OH with some kitchen painting too.
  • serena
    serena Posts: 2,387 Forumite
    Options
    Had quiet day yesterday, but DD blitzed her wardrobe! There are now eight dustbin bags of summer clothes to be vacuum packed. It's not entirely clear why these are in my room though ;)

Off to the Cake and Bake show today. :D meeting my sister and niece there.

Hope everyone has a good day, back to flying tomorrow.
    It is never too late to become what you were always intended to be
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport