PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 29th September 2014

Options

Comments

• Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,941 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    serena wrote: »
    Had quiet day yesterday, but DD blitzed her wardrobe! There are now eight dustbin bags of summer clothes to be vacuum packed. It's not entirely clear why these are in my room though ;)

Off to the Cake and Bake show today

DD's empty suitcase has been sitting in my bedroom since she returned from hols a couple of weeks ago - I'm not sure why. Will check with her later.

Have a great day at the show.

So far today I have:

WUDUPA
    Been in gym
    Had lovely soak in bath

mmm that's it. About to take the dogs out.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,094 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Discussion had with OH abour Mrs Dog's long term prospects and decisions reached. Mrs Dog will be comfortably happy, unstressed, allowed to enjoy her life peacefully without being dragged off to the vets to prolong life at all costs. Next job - make an appointment for discussion with kindly new vet about how to make sure she is tested appropriately and not unecessarily for what the problem actually is and if my suspicions are correct what the options are. Anything that requires needles will be kept to an absolutely minimim, because within a couple of jabs she'd be permanetly terrified.

Secondary glazing installed as the weather is already decidedly on the turn and there's no point in letting the house get cold before the windowy things are slotted and screwed into place. The top layer smells like a packet of crisps but is now very sparkly.

I'm going to store the laundry basket full of pears, invidually wrapped, in the bottom of the wardrobe in my office. I don't know how I managed without this wombled laundry basket before I found it - it's been used every single day for the past 10 days.

And I've decided we're going to cut down on the number of lodgers. I'm finding them increasingly irritating and if I can manage without quite so much money (and it's not a lot, but it is my main source of income) for a few weeks or months, I'm going to be a lot calmer.
    Better is good enough.
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,941 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Dogs walked twice on our new lovely route and the only job left on my list for today is to hoover/mop through, which is now changing to just hoover through. Right off I go....
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • Dustykitten
    Dustykitten Posts: 16,503 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well done on making so many decisions honeybear.

I am finally getting on with the autumn jobs in the back garden, moving, dividing and planting out. I'd really like to get them finished today as there are also lots to do in the front garden. Just having a cuppa and getting a few bits of washing which are dry in then I'll have another go before dinner.
    The birds of sadness may fly overhead but don't let them nest in your hair
  • YORKSHIRELASS
    YORKSHIRELASS Posts: 6,309 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Welcome to the flylady family baby Oliver!

So, its Sunday afternoon and I am working on job number 2. I really need to get this report finished and downloaded - then there is washing and ironing to sort and I must look at the finances spreadsheets.

I agree with your decision about Mrs Dog HB. I dread the day when that comes to us but it sometimes seems cruel to prolong their lives just for the sake of it.

Right .. this report wont finish itself. I am expecting a call from one of my teenagers at any moment to be collected too.
  • boddy
    boddy Posts: 3,326 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Enjoyed meeting friends yesterday and booked my tickets for the book festival. Two of the authors are Val McDermid and Ann Cleeves.

Load of washing done
    Kitchen done.

Done quite well with the lists this week.

Valli Congratulations and welcome to baby Oliver.

Honey Bear Hugs for you and Mrs Dog.
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Options
    afternoon all hope everyones having a good weekend

honeybear hugs to you your family and especially mrsdog

congratulations on the new arrival to your family Valli.

just popping in to catch up with some stuff so thought id say hello
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Honey_Bear wrote: »
    Discussion had with OH abour Mrs Dog's long term prospects and decisions reached. Mrs Dog will be comfortably happy, unstressed, allowed to enjoy her life peacefully without being dragged off to the vets to prolong life at all costs. Next job - make an appointment for discussion with kindly new vet about how to make sure she is tested appropriately and not unecessarily for what the problem actually is and if my suspicions are correct what the options are. Anything that requires needles will be kept to an absolutely minimim, because within a couple of jabs she'd be permanetly terrified.
    I agree with you totally. Prolonging life just for the sake of it, when there's no quality or enjoyment, ain't life, it's just existence.
    I remember when our friend's dog, Bournville (chocolate labrador) was nearing the end - his cancer was terminal - his "Dad" told us that all dietary restrictions were off, we could give him treats if we wished - it wasn't going to make a major difference to his length of life, but he'd sure enjoy his last days more with the treats.
    Gentle (((HUG))) for Mrs Dog; Jessie sends a slurpy lick, too.
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,094 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Thank you Flyladies for your comments about Mrs Dog. Planning the end carefully for Dog made a huge difference and helped me to keep it together and do all the right things. Mrs Dog deserves to be pain free, not frightened and most of all - calm. No surprises, nothing out of the ordinary, car journeys kept to a minimum, and a continuation of everything she really enjoys. It's incredibly helpful knowing that people I respect (Flyladies) think I'm making the right decisions and I absolutely had to make sure OH realised what was happening and be okay with it.

Pears wrapped in newspaper. Crumble made for pear-type pudding tonight, more yellow-stickered plums prepared for spicy plum pudding while the oven's on and meal plan written for the week.
    Better is good enough.
  • decogecko
    decogecko Posts: 763 Forumite
    Options
    HB I had to make a similar decision with 2 of my old boy cats. With GB, the vet thought I was being uncaring as I didn't want to do palliative care and made the decision there and then to have him pts. He deserved to go there and then and not prolong his suffering (his bladder was just a mass). Yes it was hard nd I did have a slight pang whether I was doing the right thing, but it was the right thing to do. He now runs free over rainbow bridge.

Congratulations to valli on your family's new arrival.

Hugs, spoons and sticks where needed.

DW emptied
    Kitchen and hallway hettyed
    Bathroom hettyed

Had a fall out with my dad yesterday. Anyone else removed a toxic parent from their lives?

Deco x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport