PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Quilters Thread

Options

Comments

• snoozer
    snoozer Posts: 3,588 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Help - I've now committed myself to another quilt by Christmas! My sis-i-l who was visiting was bewailing the fact that I haven't made her one yet, sooo I've decided to make one inspired by the fall to remind her of our American road trip. I want to make it postage stamp style with graduations of colour and maybe then applique some leaves to it. At least it will make good use of scraps and stash fabrics.
  • miffy257
    Options
    Wow Snoozer that sounds like it's going to be gorgeous. We will both be up against it then as I have 2 to make before Christmas. Better get moving. Happy Quilting all. :)
    £180.00 in 'sistercas'fund
    Hope is like the sun, which, as we journey toward it, casts the shadow of our burden behind us.
    Samuel Smiles
  • alec_eiffel
    Options
    Really easy day for me today, just mindlessly stitching large squares into a row, random so I don't even have to think about colours. Had a busy morning so not having to bring any skill to proceedings is great!
  • miffy257
    Options
    Enjoy your stitching aleceiffel. I'm just planning a quilt for my niece and hope to start cutting fabric later. Have just had feedback from my sister who loves her quilt and my niece absolutely loves the little owl bag I made for her daughter's birthday. So nice when you get appreciation for your skill and time. Happy Quilting all :)
    Hope is like the sun, which, as we journey toward it, casts the shadow of our burden behind us.
    Samuel Smiles
  • snoozer
    snoozer Posts: 3,588 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I forgot to say Plymouth Maid that your quilts are beautiful. I love star quilts and a Mariners Compass is on my to do list one of these days.
  • miffy257
    Options
    Well I sorted out my fabric for my niece's quilt and ironed it ready for cutting. Found a couple more bits in my stash that co-ordinated so just need to get the rotary cutter going.
    Happy Quilting all :)
    Samuel Smiles
  • alec_eiffel
    Options
    Pressed a big pile of strips this morning, that always makes me feel like progress is being made. Hopefully I should start putting the top of the mini quilt together in a few weeks. I don't think I'll get it finished before the end of the year but it's only a sofa quilt for myself so it doesn't matter how long it takes.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 30 September 2014 at 4:21PM
    Options
    Chicken no 2. In christmas fabric.

24f2fc95-369b-4ad9-a7a2-391da0939418.jpg
  • PlymouthMaid
    Options
    Love the chicken . How many are you making? I need to practice my free quilting as I seem to get snarl ups on the back.
    "'Cause it's a bittersweet symphony, this life
    Try to make ends meet
    You're a slave to money then you die"
  • miffy257
    Options
    Well done aleceiffel I haven't done any more cutting out today. Csarina loving those chickens. Plymouth Maid wish I was better at free motion quilting, snarls on the back is probably tension but I'm not sure how to fix it.
    Happy Quilting all :)
    Samuel Smiles
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport