PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

October 2014 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• Irisis
    Irisis Posts: 45 Forumite
    Options
    Whoops... forgot toilet paper yesterday, and so OH had to run out for some last night to the corner shop. £2.10 added to total. Live and learn!
  • Caterina
    Caterina Posts: 5,919 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Today I found a great treat, but as it is grocery I shall count it in the GC budget, a jar of local raw honey from a community farm not far from where I live. £6 worth of utter delight. I recommended my family to use it sparingly!

Then shop at w8rose as planned, gifts worth £20 and grocery worth £9.91 after using the £10 off. Gifts are general expense, the grocery spend is rounded up to £10 so my total grocery spend today is £16. Sig updated.

I am very pleased with what I have got, lots of reduced bread and rolls, massive slice of quiche which was the base of dinner for 4, for a couple of quid, then a dozen eggs, a YS chunk of fancy blue cheese, YS smoked haddock, coffee, a few veg. The veg weren't stickered so I only got a couple of basics but I have plenty of veg still in fridge and freezer, and a few more in the allotment.

I should be ok for a few days without a shopping trip, perhaps except for a market trip for a 4 Kg bag of onions and a scoop of tomatoes. £2 should be enough.

Good night.
    Finally I'm an OAP and can travel free (in London at least!).
  • smiling_saver
    Options
    So we did a shopping trip yesterday and had decided that we were going to Ald! which is a little distance away. So we stocked up and spent some extra money. In effect we took out 2 weeks money $200 and spent $140. So I've $60 for next week. All we will need to get are fresh veg, milk and bread as we stocked up on meat and produce this week.

I'm a little uncertain about it and just hoping fiance doesn't eat and munch on some of the things we got for next week.
  • lynnejk
    lynnejk Posts: 5,732 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hiya everyone

Shopping today wasn't too bad I suppose. Shouldn't need much else this week except maybe a little fresh fruit later on :D

Morrys = £15.70
    Aldi = £14.14
    Home Bags = £3.79
    So total spendings = £33.63

Had a full roast chicken dinner tonight and the lo will do for my lunch tomorrow :)

Hope you all have a marvellous Monday
    Lx
    £10day.2014=3213/2015=3421/2016=3238/2017=2702/2018=498..APR=12.03/300
    GrocC.2014=2162/2015=2083/2016=218/2017=1996/2018=450..APR=17.13/200
    Bulk buy.......APR=233.76
    GC.NSD..2015=216/2016=213/2017=229/2018=39..APR=03/15
    SPC130:staradminx61..2014=1178/2015=1287/2016=4616/2017=3843
    OS WL= -2/8 ......CC =00......Savings = £13,140
  • barneydee_2
    Options
    Just a quick up date my only day off from work(sainsburys) and where did I spend it in a supermarket (Morrisons) lol . Small spend to add £35.45 bringing it up to £104.43 all I should need for the rest of the week is milk & fruit
    Dee x
    July grocery challenge £250.00/£408.93
    August grocery challenge£350.00
    2/8£28.46
  • meg72
    meg72 Posts: 5,164 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    lynnejk wrote: »
    Hiya everyone and welcome new peoples and lurkers :hello:

Caterina - I am on the 'Make £10 a day' challenge and all my cash-back from my card go onto there but it's your own choice IYSWIM. All food MOCs and discounts I count on here though. Seems like you getting well organised there gal :T

If you look at my post (one before yours - no 147) you will see I explain my budget :)

If you used it against groceries I would certainly count it !!

I managed another NSD today. Had Lambs liver and bacon (freezer) with grilled tomatoes, mash, baked beans and onion gravy. Enough bacon and onion gravy lo for freezer for next liver dinner ;)

Probably shopping tomorrow for fresh stuff/packups and milk but trying to run freezers down generally.

Had a thought - what do you all think ??

Last year I ran freezers down, cleaned out and then bought C* and NY stuff and filled them back up. However, I went shops after C* and there was loads of reduced stuff but nowhere to put it !!

So I think this year I'll run them down, just get necessaries for C* only and then shop after C* to stock back up and for NY.

Comments would be very welcome but I think I could save lots for Jan/Feb next year :T

Sorry long post and hope you all have a super Saturday
    Lx

I have started to rundown freezers in the hope of having space for Christmas reductions, got some real bargains last year on xmas eve. Was doing nicely and almost a free shelf but our local meat warehouse had Chicken breast on offer at 5kg for £15, these are lovely big breasts, worked out 20 in the pack, One is enough for 2 or even 3 meals for me. I halved the pack with DIL. They also had gammon joints at 4 for £5 so got those as well, these weigh 900 grams each split them with DIL as well. So a £10 spend but loads of meals in for November.
    Slimming World at target
  • Happygreen
    Happygreen Posts: 2,948 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    NSD yesterday and hopefully today
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, and then you win - Gandhi
  • CH27
    CH27 Posts: 5,531 Forumite
    Options
    Week 2 day 1

Hoping for a NSD to kick the week off.
    I've already got tonight's meal sorted so just want to make a batch of pea & ham soup for lunches.
    Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.
  • anna-marie
    Options
    Cupboards have had a little boost this week with the second of my £5 off aldi shop, but it meant I had to do my weeks grocery shop on Thursday instead of Saturday. I know realistically those 2 days are covered but it somehow feels harder to plan over 9 days instead of 7. Anyway I do have a menu plan stuck on the fridge so everyone knows what they can look forward to eating even if the fridge looks emptyish. Spaghetti carbonara with garlic bread, and caramel pancakes for tea today :)
  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 4,904 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning all,

Budgets updated to here :)

Welcome/welcome back to:
    shoei, Businessgirl and LegalBlonde :D

I'm not working today, so I'm off to Aldi and Asda, via the municipal tip/hobbycraft/ironing shop/petrol station. I know how to live!

Budget not looking too bad. After DH's disasterous £109 spend last weekend on not very much at all, I've done a couple of £s at Iceland and £40 ish in Tesco yesterday (mainly on pop and some beers to take to a friend's house yesterday).

I'm still on SW and doing ok, so lots more fruit and veg being consumed, which adds to the bill.

Will follow others and defrost/reorganise the freezer in the coming weeks to be able to shop for Crimbo ;)

Have a good day all
    Coxy
    Cross-stitch WIP: HSC Winter Panel 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert 14/24
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure