We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries September 2014

Options

Comments

• dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning ladiess.

A little flurry of uu for me:

Tesco Pro Formula Curl boosting Mousse - WBA, this was sent to trial, it was nice and not drying.

Ojon Damage Reverse Shampoo - WBA but the price is :eek:
    Ojon Damage Reverse Conditioner - as above

Boots Ingredients Mango & Orange Blossom Shower Gel - WBA, this is lovely and fruity.

Boots Ingredients Mango & Orange Blossom Body Butter - WBA, this was really hard to find in store but it was worth it - gorgeous.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • Carolyn12
    Options
    Two more UU this morning :D

TBS passion fruit shower gel 250ml. This is from my never ending stash if old-style TBS shower gels bought in sales. I'm really hoping I'm getting to the end of them. Used the empty to decant the rest if my satsuma sg from the 750ml bottle which takes up too much space!

Molton Brown ultra smooth coco de mer body lotion 30ml. This is lovely, sank in instantly and so smooth.
  • Fiasco55
    Fiasco55 Posts: 1,347 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    :T well done pickle - fingers crossed this will be me in a year's time. This is my 4th year anniversary just now and with over 620 products UU I am hopeful.

Happy anniversary Valm. Did you have something nice planned?

1 UU for me. Prada Purse spray. Have another 4 from the set to UU but fragrances tend to take ages to go through for me. Even though I wear perfume every day.

Anyhoo, off for a nose about TK and Next home. Treated myself and my dodgy back to a lovely new bed, so off for a new duvet set or two.
    No buying toiletries Graduated May 2017
    Decluttered 2016 2469 items, 2017 1580 items :j
    2018 3060 items
    Sealed Pot Challenge No 038
  • city_girl_258
    Options
    Hi everyone,

1 UU -
    Joules refreshing shower gel - WNBA - not that it wasn't pleasant but was part of a xmas gift set and wasn't anything that spesh...only 1 more shower gel to go!

I can't remember if i posted my Ins from the ebay order i had last week, sorry for duplication if i've already mentioned!
    Lancome genifique serum - small bottle
    Lancome eye cream - small pot
    Lancome night cream - small ish pot
    Hypnose mascara
    Lancome lipstick
    plus the bi-facil which is what I bought the set for in the first place!

They're getting used up pretty quick as they're lovely products so don't think they'll be hanging around for long!

Can i have an off-topic rant please?!
    Went into tesco to get a few bits this afternoon and will generally look for reduced to clear items while i'm there as sunday is a good day for them. I probably do this about once a month but there's always this woman there who hangs around for the bargains and basically doesn't let anyone else get a look in, lots of fast and furious grabbing! She uses her larger size to advantage by basically blocking everyone else so she can get all the best stuff! This really winds me up as most others who are looking are being very polite about it but she really isn't. I like a bargain as much as anyone else but she is a bit ridiculous and quite rude. I don't think i'd think anything much of it if I only saw her once or twice but every time i go on a Sunday she's always there so she must go every week. I just think there's no excuse and she's really annoyed me! Anyway rant over:mad:
    Feel better now!:D

Hope all are having a nice weekend. I'm having dental surgery tomorrow so trying not to think about it :eek: xx
  • shandyclover
    Options
    We have a lady in our local Tesco who positions her 2 children right in front of the reduced counter, gives them instructions and they hand everything to her straight into her trolley. No one can get a look in without getting too close to the kids or reaching past them, so being polite, no one does. I have actually walked into Tesco at 3pm on a Sunday and seen the kids stationed there waiting for 'the man with the gun', while mum reads the magazines.
    No buying unnecessary toiletries 2014. Epiphany on 4/4/14 - went into shop to buy 2 items, walked out with 17!

• SmarterNotHarder
    SmarterNotHarder Posts: 250 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 28 September 2014 at 6:23PM
    Options
    Just popping in again to report some UUs and an IN.

UU-

Clinique Even Better Makeup Sample Golden number 10 I HAVE A MAKE UP uu! Even if it is just a sample :) :j:j WBA

Scholl Freshstep Crackling Ice Foot Gel 35ml WNBA

Sanctuary Spa Body Scrub 50ml WBA

GA Charlie Enchant Body Spray 50ml to my mother who took a liking to this :)

and an in. Nivea Pearl & Beauty Anti Perspirant Spray 250ml £1.49 - I have one of these in use but it's a HG and usually about £3.00

Hope everyone is ok x

ETA - What's everone's opinions on using bubble bath as shower gel? I have a couple of nice ones but don't have baths regularly enough to use them up!
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Carolyn12 wrote: »
    Two more UU this morning :D

TBS passion fruit shower gel 250ml. This is from my never ending stash if old-style TBS shower gels bought in sales. I'm really hoping I'm getting to the end of them. Used the empty to decant the rest if my satsuma sg from the 750ml bottle which takes up too much space!

Molton Brown ultra smooth coco de mer body lotion 30ml. This is lovely, sank in instantly and so smooth.

I love this body lotion too, it smells so good.

I have a uu

Lancome Visionnaire 7ml, this was a GWP, it was nice enough, I have another the same size to replace it which together will equal almost half a full size (if the full size is 30ml) so I should see some results by then based on what Lancome charge for these products.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • poppy_f1
    poppy_f1 Posts: 2,637 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    couple of UU's

soap and glory scrub of your life
    olay anti wrinkle serum
  • InaPickle
    InaPickle Posts: 5,968 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Fiasco55 wrote: »
    :T well done pickle - fingers crossed this will be me in a year's time. This is my 4th year anniversary just now and with over 620 products UU I am hopeful.

Thanks and best of luck - that's a heck of a number of UUs! :)

And I've been rude missing out all the wonderful news on the thread:

VALM: happy anniversary (belatedly). I hope you had a lovely time! :)

Trudij: congratulations on your baby-to-be! :)

Have a nice evening everyone! :)
    Please call me 'Pickle'
    No More Buying Books: ???
    No More Buying DVDs: ???
    NMB Toiletries ??? and I've gone back for my Masters at the University of Use Ups!
    P
    roud to be dealing with her debts 1198~

• trudij
    trudij Posts: 1,905 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Smarternotharder - my mum does that with bubble bath sometimes - doesn't seem to be a whole lot different to be honest !!
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport