No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries September 2014

Options

Comments

• hieveryone
    hieveryone Posts: 3,846 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    dolly84 wrote: »
    I have fine hair and like the Philip Kingsley Body Building Shampoo followed by the Moisture Balance Conditioner.

Thank you, I will perhaps try this next time.

I have bought a baby shampoo in the hope that there won't be any harsh chemicals that will 'strip' my hair, therefore causing it to produce more oil...making me wash it more.. etc etc.

Plus it was cheap :rotfl: Shampoos are expensive these days :eek:

Bought is to buy. Brought is to bring.
  • trudij
    trudij Posts: 1,905 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Don't by tescos version of Pantene - I've got that at the mo ( cos it was on offer at £2 a bottle and I'd just finished my john frieda one) and it's really weird. Can't even explain why - I'm sure it does the job, but it feels like all bubble and no substance if that makes sense?

And brushes her hair before she shampoos and uses hardly any becuse she's already made her hair as easy as possible to deal with - I might have to try that option and see if it makes the "better" shampoos last longer....
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup
  • seasideDreamer
    Options
    I have an unplanned IN Bury Bees lip balm with pomegranate oil. I blame OH. Was lurking in JL whilst I waited for him to come and do the shopping at Aldi and I thought how fed up I was with the tin lip balms I had and brought it. lucky I have no stick lip balms!
    Debt free and busy treating myself:)

No more toiletries/make up until I've used what I've got stashed since Jan 2011, graduated October 2012. Restocked Dec 13..damn those sales
  • Pleut
    Pleut Posts: 535 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    24/09/14

UU – Mulben & Fearne – Hair and Body Gel *
    Pinched from a hotel two years ago. Not a clue about the brand and not too keen on the smell either. WNBA.
    New to this money saving lark. Any tips greatly received.

No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries 2018 - Not going well!!
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,846 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    rosemary54 wrote: »
    fed up as managed to knock over a fav ornament whilst hovering and smash its head off :(
    then DH called to say he is not coming home tonight so more mince for me(had large portion last night from meal made expecting him to be here)
    saw the Vulcan bomber fly low over my garden...awesome (flight to celebrate 25 years since Berlin wall came down)
    at my lovely facial yesterday the therapist recommended elemis exotic cream to use once a week, did not buy any as thought there was a mini in my stash(there wasn't)THEN timetospa sent me a 20% off code plus free delivery so just had to buy it!!!!it is listed as a mask but she said use as a night cream weekly and leave in for dry skin. The facial was elemis quartz anti ageing firming and my skin feels great today plus it was very relaxing.

timetospacode SP2309XJ got it yesterday only valid 48 hours don't think its a use once only

Sounds like the code was meant to be! I've tried the Quartz mask overnight before and it was a lovely treatment.
    hieveryone wrote: »
    Some UU's, GA's and IN's!!

UU's:
    Elemis Pro Radiance Flash Balm 50ml
    Andrew Barton Orange Blossom shampoo.

GA's:
    Kerastase Chroma Riche Serum
    All perfume samples
    Elemis Chamomile Cleanser

IN's:
    Soap and Glory Ultimelt Cleanser
    Soap and Glory Scrub Your Nose In It Exfoliator
    Boots own brand baby shampoo
    Imperial Leather shower gel

These were all things that I needed and had 'graduated' in, feeling pretty good!

Well done on your positivity. I've had a really good month as well re: UUs.

I also have a GA: Gave my friend at work a can of L'Oreal spray (the one that is meant to combat frizz and keep your hair straight for three days - well it didn't for me!).
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • Carolyn12
    Options
    Hi ladies.
    UU for me:
    Marc Jacobs Daisy perfume 30ml
    Avon argan oil shampoo 250ml
    Hello Kitty Liberty Art Fabrics body scrub 50ml
    Ted Baker bubble bath 50ml
    Sanctuary body wash 75ml

I think that's everything for now, yay 10UU and 3INs for September (so far...)

Hope everyone has a lovely day x
  • nillionaire
    Options
    Hi all :)

Just reporting in with an awesome discovery. Not had any body scrubs in for a long time because I like the really grainy ones like body shop but nit had the money. Recently started using bags of coffee grounds to make posh coffee at home to save money. Decided to finally try the used coffee grounds and baby oil body scrub recipe (can also use olive oil) and it's amazing! Going to save my used grounds now so I get double the usage: fancy coffee and nice body scrub!
    Frugal Student!!!
  • rogueylawyer
    Options
    VALM wrote: »

It's my Wedding Anniversary tomorrow and we will have been married 22 years.

Happy anniversary!!
    Hi all :)

Just reporting in with an awesome discovery. Not had any body scrubs in for a long time because I like the really grainy ones like body shop but nit had the money. Recently started using bags of coffee grounds to make posh coffee at home to save money. Decided to finally try the used coffee grounds and baby oil body scrub recipe (can also use olive oil) and it's amazing! Going to save my used grounds now so I get double the usage: fancy coffee and nice body scrub!

Brilliant tip! Coffee is also supposed to be very good for cellulite, so it's a perfect leg and bum scrub!
  • asset2004
    asset2004 Posts: 2,453 Forumite
    Options
    Just caught up with the thread. Well done Pickle :j I'm a long way off from graduating :o
    Your post made so many good points. I totally agree about decluttering, I've been trying for about 8yrs :o - I often feel massively overwhelmed by my clutter not just toiletries.
    I have so much money tied up toiletries and stuff to take to a car boot sale , but that's pointless because everyone wants stuff for nothing. :mad:
    The money all adds up and as I'm still job searching it's hard to see how much money I've got laid out in shower gels/body butters, toothpaste etc etc and not actually have much cash about :o:(
    Life is a coin, you can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once.
    Go as far as you can see, and when you get there you'll see further.
    Take time but don't waste time
  • butterfly2507
    Options
    I (finally) have another UU well basically a TA!

UMA Shine Bright Volume Mascara: WBA since it made my lashes look enormous. But I had to throw it away since it was dried out :(
    books read 2020: 29 / 100
    Weight loss journey: 1,5 KG / 9 KG

english is not my first language, sorry for any misspellings :o
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills