No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries September 2014

Options

Comments

• Willowbee
    Options
    I have a UU

Kiehl's Ultimate Hand Salve (30ml) - this was a lovely GWP. It's very effective but I WNB because there are other things I prefer and I suspect it's expensive for what it is.

Kadison - it's nice to hear that you had such a great trip :) That's an amazing list of OUTs :T

maddiemay - some lovely things in your INs list :D I know that everyone uses the challenge in different ways but for me it helps me be more mindful of what I choose to buy and I imagine that you considered everything on your list very carefully. There is a lot of joy to be had from nice soaps/whatever that remind you of a lovely trip :)
  • sam.4000
    sam.4000 Posts: 1,396 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    maddiemay wrote: »
    List duly finished, on way to naughty step with cushion, cake and cuppa!

I am only allowed bread and water on the naughty step (still does not work).

UU's
    Blue skies and fluffy white cloud bubble bar WBA one of my favourites (truth betold I think most are really one of my favourites):)
    Twilight bath ballistic WBA as above really.

Lord of misrule bath ballisitc WBA again as above and yes again it is one of my favourites (surprise, surprise):D

Neom tranquility bath oil 5ml WBA but am not allowed.

Snowdrift body whip WBA nice enough but prefer other scents

1 bubble bubble things for face WNBA okay but tickled my nose.

Pure skin hand pack WMBA really liked it, very challenging to do anything whilst wearing the gloves ( probably need many pairs so that I can't order on line)

INS
    2nd Meme box ( really like this one, I could have ordered another 2 at the weekend, oops:))

2 nail therapy masks
    Real beauty serum 50ml
    Soap berry cleanser 100ml
    Rice bran powder 80g
    It did contain a bp cream but I won't count that as it is a primer and I only own 1 other which is in use). A sebum control powder and a blusher but I don't count make up (which is probably a good job).
  • Willowbee
    Options
    I do like your summaries, Sam! I have the same problem with 'favourite' perfumes :rotfl: The Meme box sounds really good. I'm resisting looking it up for now :o

I have a late night UU

Elemis Pro-collagen Body Cream (50ml) - a really lovely GWP but wouldn't pay that much for a body moisturiser. I actually used this on my neck as I thought it was 'too good' to use on my body. (I'm hoping that way of thinking makes sense to someone other than just me!)
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,987 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Willowbee wrote: »
    I do like your summaries, Sam! I have the same problem with 'favourite' perfumes :rotfl: The Meme box sounds really good. I'm resisting looking it up for now :o

I have a late night UU

Elemis Pro-collagen Body Cream (50ml) - a really lovely GWP but wouldn't pay that much for a body moisturiser. I actually used this on my neck as I thought it was 'too good' to use on my body. (I'm hoping that way of thinking makes sense to someone other than just me!)

Our mutual guru CH said recently on a video that it was a waste to use our special body products below the bust line, I have to say that the :money: me has been doing this for a long while, it is a pity that the :money: influence has not stopped me buying so many products in the first place.

I am tired (2 weeks away from my B12 injection) and I know that it will be worse through the Winter, so I really want to do some serious de-cluttering and organising here in order to make life easier and more pleasurable for myself. Time to go back to reading the no more hoarding and de-cluttering threads I think, lovely people over there too:D

On a more positive note, I am not tempted by beauty boxes any more unless they contain at least 75% items that are on my wish lists, some progress at least (although I have never had subscription boxes anyway).
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Willowbee wrote: »

I have a late night UU

I don't use the really special ones on my bottom half.

We have a couple of uu

Superdrug Dry Shampoo - this was DD's as I don't use dry shampoo, this was a lovely coconutty scent I think it was called festival or carnival. She is using a mini Batiste now but we don't like this brand, it makes your hair white and does no better a job than the superdrug one.

Imperial Leather Energising for Men shower gel - This was used by DH and DS, they liked it and it is for hair too, WBA.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • rosemary54
    Options
    Dh just told me he has to go away tonight after I had taken meat out of the freezer :(
    eye still not right and going for an eye test on Friday,tesco usually have bogof on glasses but don't think they are at the mo :(:(
    bought DS2 some aftershave for his birthday and accidentally popped some toner for me in the basket!(do need some as down to sample sizes)
    now have my jewellery on sale in a gift shop so fingers crossed as it costs £40 a month rent and 25% commission!
    off for a well earned facial,anti aging! today 25% off offer :)
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,835 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    maddiemay wrote: »
    List duly finished, on way to naughty step with cushion, cake and cuppa!
    UU 6
    2 x 200 ml No 7 P&P body serum MBA absorbed really quickly.
    20ml hotel body lotion.(From holiday in China, unlikely to return)
    300ml Elemis Skin Nourishing Shower Cream, loved this but have so much to use before I can consider buying again.
    200ml Liz Earle Botanical Shine Conditioner for oily hair. WNBA – this was great when I coloured my hair but even the light version seems to weigh my hair down now:(.
    30ml Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream. Love this on days just in the garden or dog walking, have another one ready to use.
    IN
    Yorkshire Soap Company 4 bars.Lemongrass, Rosemary, Grapefruit & Calendula; Fresh Apple; Yorkshire Rose; Tea Tree & Eucalyptus. I meant to buy the one that Dolly 84 recommends for her daughter’s eczema, but somehow missed it. ValM – sorry did not see any Halloween ones.
    Clinique Take the day off Cleansing balm 125ml
    Clinique Moisture Surge Tinted Moisturizer Shade 02
    GWP 4 items of skincare, 4 items makeup*
    Bobbi Brown lipstick and Lipbalm*
    Body Shop Aloe Vera Eye Defence
    Leighton Denny Renovate & Butterfly wings polish, BS Baby buki brush, GWP 3 mini LD polishes, a Nails Inc Cupcake polish and then I succumbed to Sally Magpies sale and 4 new polishes fell into my basket.
    Items marked * not included in challenge (but perhaps they should be!)
    Total 7 new IN’s

Glad you had a lovely time. It may well be too early for Halloween products anywhere as Lush don't release theirs until 4 October.

Kadison - am glad you had lovely weekend. We are thinking of going on a cruise to Norway in 2016 (nothing like planning ahead!!).

So another UU and the last off the present PP list:-

Urban Retreat Exfoliator. I liked this a lot. Smelt similar to the Elemis one I use however was more grainy and felt it worked better. Have an Elemis full sized one in stash so will think about buying this when I run out completely.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • Sundaysgirl
    Options
    A quick post and dash, hope all are well.

UU:

24/234. Cussons Relax & Unwind Bath Soak 50ml - did the job but WNBA unless on a great offer.

25/235. Philosophy Purity Made Simple Cleanser 30ml - HG and WBA but still have another mini and a 90ml to get through

26/236. TBS Vineyard Peach Body Butter 200ml - WNBA, pleased to be rid of this as I wasn't keen on the smell and found it too heavy for my skin - took ages to rub in.

27/237. L'Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream 10ml - WNB, this was a freebie and a LHJ considering the size! Too greasy IMO and not a fan on the scent, disappointing as I love the body butter version.

Only 3 items left on my PP!
    MFW 2017 #123 2018: £1,852.64/£39,200 (4.7%)
  • kadison
    kadison Posts: 3,662 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    VALM wrote: »
    Kadison - am glad you had lovely weekend. We are thinking of going on a cruise to Norway in 2016 (nothing like planning ahead!!).

TBH we were thinking about a proper Norweigian cruise as well, but next year not 2016, blokie said he can't plan 2 whole diaries ahead which is fair enough, I can't be bothered waiting that long either!

Though it is nice to think he also thinks we'll still be together then, it was our 5 month anniversary yesterday, he's away for this one and away for the next so we're going to mark the night we met instead as we'll be on hols in Weymouth then :D:D:D:D:D
    No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries 2023
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend
    Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read - Groucho Marx
  • seasideDreamer
    Options
    UU Timotei vivid Colour shampoo not much happening here, just dragging myself through to the weekend really.
    Debt free and busy treating myself:)

No more toiletries/make up until I've used what I've got stashed since Jan 2011, graduated October 2012. Restocked Dec 13..damn those sales
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure