Spent 4 years pretending it's all OK

Options

Comments

• NoOneAround
    NoOneAround Posts: 1,822 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi Noah,

Don't feel bad about your dad and him having to use transport, you can only do what you can do and like the others have said, you also need to take care of yourself in the middle of it all.

I also do a self managed chaotic DMP, I could have gone to StepChange but I much rather adjust the payments and do the negotiating myself. I do the same as you, filling in Stepchanges I&E's online form and sending copies of that to creditors. Definitely seems to be taken more seriously that way.

Keep going, we are all only making babysteps in the right direction but at least we ARE going in the right direction.

Keep smiling xxx
    Hi SS, Thanks for popping by, and you're right, it is moving in the right direction even if only at snail's pace. I usually have to call them to do the I&E, I am thinking that I will use the online myself too as it takes quite a while each time- they go through everything each time:( I was told I could go online after starting the dmp with them, apparently I can't just switch from phoning to online updating myself? but I am thinking I will just start as a new customer using their online system - I'll end up with a different reference number but it might be worth it as am sure it will be quicker for updates.

Hugs
    xx
    NOAh
    Feb2014 Total unsecured debt £72,520>>01/06/16 £68166>01/02/17 £66,600=8.18%PAID
    Mortgage Jan14=209,800 Jan15=£200,300 Jan17£180,700>OCT17 £170,200
    Health/Fitness Challenges Priority#1 Stay Fit and healthy - whatever it takes:)
    Wombling Free Cash May2016 £51
  • themarsbargirl
    Options
    It's not to late to start cut and come again lettuce!
    Credit card respend 2551.58 (15/02/17)
  • NoOneAround
    Options
    It's not to late to start cut and come again lettuce!
    The packets of seeds have been ready and waiting for 3 months!
    Am hoping to spend a bit of time planting up a few big pots on the patio later this week.

Tomorrow is a letters to creditors /update day after a couple of hours of sorting through more piles of paper.

Yesterday was Speech day at school so most of day wiped out. Should have cut grass when we got home but it was too hot. Went for a pub meal on the spur of the moment as a family - haven't done that in a very long time, £48 for the 4 of us so not bad value, plus we hadn't done anything for father's day for DH as we were down at my parents.
    DD thrilled as has got some more responsibility and is doing a contract that needed urgent weekend work - she has earned over 300 this weekend as double time on Sundays and 1.5 time on Saturday! She has suddenly become very motivated:rotfl:
    Today has been a domestic day washing/drying/ironing/cooking/food shopping, and DS and I also cut grass (has been 3 weeks:eek:) so garden looking a bit tidier again.

Hope everyone has had a lovely weekend
    xx
    NOAh
    Feb2014 Total unsecured debt £72,520>>01/06/16 £68166>01/02/17 £66,600=8.18%PAID
  • NoOneAround
    Options
    Todays goals:

Washing/drying
    Admin - letters to client
    Admin - voluntary work
    File a pile
    Letters to creditors
    Prepare meal for tonight
    Pick up dry cleaning /grocery shopping
    15 mins on treadmill or x trainer
    Attempt bringing budget up to date.

Feeling a bit anxious as no new enquiries for self employment have come in so only enough money in bank for bills until mid August (6 weeks)....:eek:
    Still trying to decide what to do re: agency work as DS will soon be home for summer and can't have him wandering the city streets all summer because I am at work. Because we are quite isolated he doesn't want to stay home alone, though OK if a friend with him, but I also don't want him playing computer games 24/7. Dilemma.

NOah
    xx
  • Puzzcat
    Puzzcat Posts: 4,200 Forumite
    Options
    Good Morning Noah..

Your day sounds a little like mine today.. I love a good list...!!

How old is ds? Probably too old for any summer clubs etc?

Keep plodding on.. and hope you get out to do some more of your lovely garden. I have abandoned all veg growing this year, my runners went up too fast and were weedy.. and my tomatoes did the reverse and were so slow I have abandoned it for this summer.. Will try again next year..!

Take care.
    Love Puzz. x
    Christmas 2020 £109
    I love my dmp started in Nov 13 with SC. Self Managed 2016 57% done
    £60062/25384.84 - 13222.60k UE

MY DIARY
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4768685
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hi Noa
    Same tune being played here today. Son finishes on Friday for the hols. We somehow have to patch together enough childcare between me (self employed alone 5 days a weeks in a shop 6 hours per day) & my husband employed but with limited annual leave and we have a new baby on the way in October so want to keep some AL for OH then.
    Cost of the summer camp son goes to on a drop in basis will be £30 a day including the group discount I've set up.
    It's really hard isn't it. But what can you do eh?

Sympathise

Bob
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • themarsbargirl
    Options
    Sending hugs,
    Have you looked into whether he would want to do any of those volunterr.adventure camps? There used to be one advertised on the radio all the time on my commute to work (not being obtuse-genuinely can't remember what it was called) where they only asked for a £50 contribution from parents, and it was something that could be put on a CV.
    Credit card respend 2551.58 (15/02/17)
  • liltdiddylilt
    liltdiddylilt Posts: 4,117 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hello lovely NOA

Just dropping in to see how you are doing. As always you're a human whirlwind! Bless Dad and the transport dilemma. Unfortunately we can't do all of the things we want to do all of the time, and if there is anther option which frees you up then it is the right option despite your dad having to wait. Don't beat yourself up over it sweetheart. You do so much and they appreciate it.

Garden is sounding stunning. I'm very jealous as I sit here inside my (mercifully cool) flat with a poorly Jellytot and we look out of the window at the blistering heat melting the pavements!! I want a furniture set and a parasol and the garden to put them in! ;) and a nice glass of something cool.

Hope you're having a lovely day. Lots o love xx
    Virtual Pot #25 £0.00/£350.00
    A black belt only covers 2 inches of your a$$ - You have to cover the rest yourself - Royce Gracie
  • NoOneAround
    Options
    "Hello Everyone" said a very hot and wilted Noah:(
    Thank you for popping by Puzz, Bob, Marsbargirl and Lilty:)
    All hugs and support gratefully accepted:A

Puzz DS is too old for the summer camp type clubs , plus he's so tall and looks a lot older than he is (14.5 yr), and usually the kids at camp are much younger. If we lived in town it wouldn't be a problem. I have been plodding on today and a very slow pace, then evening was wiped out with a concert at school in a very hot and sticky hall. Fish and chips on way home. DS played in several performances - jazz group teacher stopped me on the way pout and said how good he was now and doing so well :) ...makes it all worth it. Sorry to hear you gave up on plants too, we'll have to make a pact for next year and do it properly!

Bob It is really tough and independent schools have such long holidays:eek: WE have such long days in term time that I do like to keep holidays fairly non- structured, but if I want to do some extra work and I am not home it's difficult. We went through years of juggling holidays to cover between us before self employment. The flexibility of SE was the reason we stuck with it even tough income dropped drastically. Exciting and happy times ahead with new baby on the way:), hard juggling but worth every minute, I'm getting all maternal again (never stopped really) ...I so loved the baby/toddler days ( funny how you forget all the hard bits and only remember the nice bits!).

MBG He wouldn't want to go on a residential one, but I am going to go to some of the charity shops and ask if they will have him as a volunteer, even if just to tidy up etc. It will do him good. There is lots more you can do when you turn 15, much less available at 14years old. Possibly the library too, but DD did that and there is a formal procedure to go through there which took a long time to get sorted a few years ago. We have a red cross and Br Heart foundation shop who were advertise for volunteers a few weeks back.

Lilty Hope you/Jelly are feeling better. I'd be lost without my garden....so many happy moments spent there ....and DD loved it so much when she was little. I can just picture Jelly in DD's mud pie factory (a kiddies picnic bench I had painted a lovely blue for picnics), water from paddling pool, grinding up chalk, mixing mud, collecting snails, and pampers nappy saturated to bursting point under pink polka dot frilly bikini shorts ("does my bottom look big in this?" - am saving that photo for her wedding day;)) I have lots of pics of everything in bloom and will post when I get a moment.

Love n Hugs and sweet dreams everyone

Noah
    xx
  • NoOneAround
    Options
    List all completed from day before yesterday.
    Only two creditors not updated - they haven't asked and I think advice from Granny and Brogden and Mrs PG and others is keep your head down while its quiet and don't volunteer?
    Loads of washing done today, it was dry almost as soon as I'd hung it out.

Tension headache all day (its always there but worse than normal today). I did school run and then did something I never do.... I lay down in bed at 9am and fell asleep for about and hour!!! Felt much better for it, probably why I'm so awake now!:(

xx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure