Spent 4 years pretending it's all OK

Options

Comments

• liltdiddylilt
    liltdiddylilt Posts: 4,117 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Haha I think that Inception is one I sat through from start to finish wondering what the heck was going on. And the spinning top at the end... Did it fall? Didn't it?! Hate films like that!!!

I dream about tonnes of randomers from my past, people I haven't tough of in years. Thursday night I dreamt my boss was sat on my bed going over paperwork with me. I was in my pyjamas and it was totally normal. To the point that he ended up lying across the bottom of my bed, girly chat style. Odd.. :rotfl:

And Bob just... :rotfl: xx
    Virtual Pot #25 £0.00/£350.00
    A black belt only covers 2 inches of your a$$ - You have to cover the rest yourself - Royce Gracie
  • Levi-
    Levi- Posts: 1,235 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Sorry to go off on a tangent here NOAH but Lilt, I have so many OLD boss/old workplace dreams it's crazy! I looked it up and apparently it has to do with unresolved past issues.. myehh, I don't know what though! Know anything about that?
    That made me LOL about your boss having a girly chat on your bed hahaha.. thankfully I am usually not in my bed.. lol but in my old office being extremely stressed at my workload and wondering why in the blue hell I ended up coming back to this job when I was happy in my (now) job that I had somehow ended up leaving to come back to this one I didn't like. In some of the dreams of this kind I have ended up begging my (real life current boss) if I can come back but she says no, lol.. I wake up thinking oh no, what have I done. Dreams eh.

Big loves NOAH xxxxx
    - on a mission to be debt-free by the end of 2017 - :cool:
    [STRIKE]37500 [/STRIKE] 34650
  • NoOneAround
    NoOneAround Posts: 1,822 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Lilty and Levi, thank you for pooping by and apologies for delay in reply (work node reply:D)
    Obviously taking work too seriously!!;)

Dream of your boss = dreaming of management = you as employee.
    Interpretation in my book is a) you are at a difficult stage in your career or b) some in real life is taking advantage of your good nature and friendly disposition.
    From the top of my head can see that both apply to both of you!

So tired and crashed out on sofa tonight after Dominos pizza takeaway and chocolate trifle to celebrate DS exam successes average across 12 exams = 85%. Just woke up top pay for several trips/outings for DS. Money still going out faster than it comes in - just when you think its OK.
    Just refunded a nightmare client £1K as they just wont listen to advice - so we wanted out now rather than at a later date after they start building when they'll realise why they can't have what they want and have got planning permission for through another firm. so many cowboys out there:eek:

Off to bed
    xx
    Love n' HUgs
    NOah
    Feb2014 Total unsecured debt £72,520>>01/06/16 £68166>01/02/17 £66,600=8.18%PAID
    Mortgage Jan14=209,800 Jan15=£200,300 Jan17£180,700>OCT17 £170,200
    Health/Fitness Challenges Priority#1 Stay Fit and healthy - whatever it takes:)
    Wombling Free Cash May2016 £51
  • liltdiddylilt
    Options
    Sounds like a complete nightmare client and you're well rid of them NOAh. My happiest week came the other week at work when I finally was able to pinpoint our clients own mistake, with their signature applied to it stating they had read a technical guide which they had not. They invalidated their own death in service policy. Not us. Not bad advice, just a complete mismanaged muck up on their end. We proved it, terminated our contract and waved bye bye with big cheery grins. :D

Yay to DS, well done him, fantastic scores!!

And lol at my interpretation. Thank you kindly!! ;) I think it definitely applies wholeheartedly for me ;) xxx
    A black belt only covers 2 inches of your a$$ - You have to cover the rest yourself - Royce Gracie
  • NoOneAround
    Options
    Lilty and Levi, thank you for pooping by and apologies for delay in reply (work node reply:D)
    Obviously taking work too seriously!!;)

Off to bed
    xx
    Love n' HUgs
    NOah

I didn't really mean "pooping" honest:o
    it's "Popping" by :D
    typing skilss a lttle on the shaky side.
    xx
    Feb2014 Total unsecured debt £72,520>>01/06/16 £68166>01/02/17 £66,600=8.18%PAID
  • NoOneAround
    Options
    Sounds like a complete nightmare client and you're well rid of them NOAh. My happiest week came the other week at work when I finally was able to pinpoint our clients own mistake, with their signature applied to it stating they had read a technical guide which they had not. They invalidated their own death in service policy. Not us. Not bad advice, just a complete mismanaged muck up on their end. We proved it, terminated our contract and waved bye bye with big cheery grins. :D

Yay to DS, well done him, fantastic scores!!

And lol at my interpretation. Thank you kindly!! ;) I think it definitely applies wholeheartedly for me ;) xxx

Well done you! satisfying isn't it:D
    Client now wants us back, says there's no need to behave like squabbling toddlers :rotfl:She wanted us to say we had made a mistake and to correct it all for nothing. She did not expect us to give full refund and pull out despite lots of hours work already put in. Told us we couldn't terminate the contract without her say so. Oops Oh Dear, we just did.
    3.5 more working days and I can have a little time out before some more of the other part time job.
    xx
    Love to all
    Noah
    xx
  • grannyx2
    grannyx2 Posts: 3,455 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just popping in to say hello x
    Targets
    Trip to Australia (On hold until 2022 now) to meet new grandson born jan 21!

Lose 84lbs. Update (minus 65lbs mostly during lockdown as of 18.05.21)

LBM : July 11 - £56,962
    DEBT FREE 21-05-21
    MORTGAGE FREE 13-06-18

Loving my kitty cat

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/3958715/return-to-solvency/p1
  • liltdiddylilt
    Options
    Hahaha!! do hope you told the client where to stick it. The death knell came for our client when I sent an email advising them of the reason for a £4k increase to their Medical insurance policy, mid term. It was due to a 'staff member' calling and telling the person as she made a claim that she hadn't been a member of staff since 2012 but was the wife of the boss. Yet another invalidated policy, and backdating payments to cover her as bosses partner.... I wrote this all politely and carefully, explaining what could be done to rectify it as it had invalidated a discount - then one of the 2 directors I had copied into my email, accidentally hit the 'Reply all' button instead of forward, and copied everyone in the original email, including my Director, in to his unprofessional email to the other Director at their company. The few choice words he used about our company, and trying to pin it on us... well it was the last straw. My director sent a garbled, gobbledegook, Siri mashed email to me whilst driving, then rang apoplectic with rage but extremely happy to have a get out of jail free card :rotfl: best day ever :D

Hope you're still going ok? Hows the kids? :D

xxx
  • NoOneAround
    Options
    grannyx2 wrote: »
    Just popping in to say hello x

Morning Lovely Granny, Welcome back- I hope everyone has spoilt you rotten after your long absence. you weren't posting much in my fleeting visits to MSEland over the last few weeks, hope all is well with you other than missing Oz and DD obviously :(

Hugs
    NOAh
    xx
  • NoOneAround
    Options
    Hahaha!! do hope you told the client where to stick it. The death knell came for our client when I sent an email advising them of the reason for a £4k increase to their Medical insurance policy, mid term. It was due to a 'staff member' calling and telling the person as she made a claim that she hadn't been a member of staff since 2012 but was the wife of the boss. Yet another invalidated policy, and backdating payments to cover her as bosses partner.... I wrote this all politely and carefully, explaining what could be done to rectify it as it had invalidated a discount - then one of the 2 directors I had copied into my email, accidentally hit the 'Reply all' button instead of forward, and copied everyone in the original email, including my Director, in to his unprofessional email to the other Director at their company. The few choice words he used about our company, and trying to pin it on us... well it was the last straw. My director sent a garbled, gobbledegook, Siri mashed email to me whilst driving, then rang apoplectic with rage but extremely happy to have a get out of jail free card :rotfl: best day ever :D

Hope you're still going ok? Hows the kids? :D

xxx

Usually if you wait long enough people like that do shoot themselves in the foot:D not that I am one to gloat, that's not nice is it:rotfl::p

Am home half day today, with a very "lived-in" look house - (domesticism has not my best achievement or priority last few months) and a desk that competes with the Manhattan skyline...guess what I will be doing today as soon as I have finished my cuppa after school run.

Kids both fine, DS a grumpy teen, I need to learn to keep out of his hair but he just doesn't talk.
    DD home but working so only "see" her in the evenings when she's exhausted but glued to her laptop in her room. Lucky her is in Scandinavia at the moment for 3 days visiting a friend - all paid for out of her own earnings:T...she has just realised how nice it is to have money of your own to spend how you wish... she will be buying her own iphone later this year whenever new one comes out. Very happy with how she is handling her money , but DS has a long way to go yet, he thinks it grows on trees - he goes for the impulse buy every time.
    Haven't slept more than a couple of hours in last 2 days so exhausted today. Had to drop of DD at airport for flight in middle of the night - early hours of MOnday morning then worked all day. That was after a manic weekend of shopping on Friday night to source currency, help DD sort out all stuff for journey (she has never flown solo before and was terrified and panicking), volunteer work on Saturday morning (fundraised over £800 :):T, rushed home showered and drove to parents, stayed overnight, helping tidy up and continue with finishing bathroom, left straight after lunch on Sunday to bring DS back for charity concert for local hospital, home by 8pm from that to do uniform washing/ironing/dinner, collapsed into bed at midnight to be woken by DD who was up and ready at 2.30am even though we didn't have to leave until 3.30am :eek:
    Saw parents at weekend for Fathers Day and Mums birthday. Always very sad though we try and keep everything upbeat. Dad said life was very hard, restricted to sitting on two chairs, lying in bed or going to the bathroom. Walking with great difficulty now. Sitting herr feeling guilty today as could have taken half day off work and taken him to appointment today, but he can get transport to and fro from hospital (but obviously has to fit in with their schedule so ends up having to wait around). I didn't because work feels like an escape when you have to focus on other things so for the time I'm there I'm not feeling sad. Still looking for that elusive spell to magic away the misery from the lives of people we all care about.

xx
    NOA
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure