Options

Comments

• themarsbargirl
    Options
    Anytime xxxx
    Credit card respend 2551.58 (15/02/17)
  • liltdiddylilt
    liltdiddylilt Posts: 4,117 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Oh NOA that day with DD sounds fabulous. I am sure I said somewhere a while back that very soon she will figure out just what you have done for her and how much she loves you and recognises how much you love her.

But so lovely to hear that you had the best day together. :) xxx
    Virtual Pot #25 £0.00/£350.00
    A black belt only covers 2 inches of your a$$ - You have to cover the rest yourself - Royce Gracie
  • NoOneAround
    NoOneAround Posts: 1,822 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thanks Lilty - it really was one to remember :) and am smiling just thinking about it.

Its going to be a busy few weeks, very tired, but walking lots at work which is good.

Blood tests all clear of anything too nasty but have been given a months tablets for the acid reflux - have taken for a week - not sure yet if throat any better but I have put on 2lb:(:eek: since I started taking them - and I have been eating less and doing more :( at this rate I'll be 8 lb heavier by the end of the month. :mad:
    Am not impressed.

VAT return done and paid 24hrs early :)

Iron two shirts and then bed.

Hope all going well with everyone
    Please forgive my intermittent posting and not keeping up ....
    There's a huge bunch of "forget-me-nots" growing wild in the garden for you all:p
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    NOAh
    Feb2014 Total unsecured debt £72,520>>01/06/16 £68166>01/02/17 £66,600=8.18%PAID
    Mortgage Jan14=209,800 Jan15=£200,300 Jan17£180,700>OCT17 £170,200
    Health/Fitness Challenges Priority#1 Stay Fit and healthy - whatever it takes:)
    Wombling Free Cash May2016 £51
  • themarsbargirl
    Options
    Always forgiven NOAh.
    Do the tablets say they have a side effect of weight gain? Maybe have a chat with pharmacist or doctor about it?

Much love,
    Ruth
    Credit card respend 2551.58 (15/02/17)
  • NoOneAround
    Options
    Hello everyone :hello:
    Am really enjoying being at work as it keeps my mind off things. Keep wondering how everyone is though, funny how this forum becomes a part of your life isn't it. :)

Very busy at work, nice thing about working at DS school is that fuel cost for me are halved as we drive in together in the am and then he waits for me until I finish so only one school run instead of twice a day:) (saving 20-25/wk). Also get a lovely lunch (on the days I have time - free, choice of hot meals and great salad bar.
    Weekend flew by, volunteering on Saturday and part time fun job on Sunday afternoon. Sunday am mowing lawn with DS. Mum was poorly, possibly with 24 hr bug, so was very worried but sibling was visiting them this weekend so I didn't have to rush down ( have visited the previous two weeks).
    Only downside to full time work is less time to spend in garden :(
    Haven't put on any more weight this week. Will pop into pharmacy perhaps on way home one night after work as you suggest Marsbargirl - its not a listed side effect.
    Am walking loads, I mean LOADS including climbing stairs during the course of the day:)

Lots of Love
    thinking of you all
    xx
    NOAh
    Feb2014 Total unsecured debt £72,520>>01/06/16 £68166>01/02/17 £66,600=8.18%PAID
  • Puzzcat
    Puzzcat Posts: 4,200 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Noah,

Hope you are keeping well...!!

I have been on reflux tablets for 5 years..:eek: Every since an incident involving 6 weeks of anti-biotics/ibuprofen and an infected tooth.... I have to say I haven't had a weight gain problem with the one's I take, which are very common as I know at least 4 others who take them... begin with an O and I can never pronounce them properly..!!! Hope you got to the bottom of the mystery 2lb gain...

Take care and hope to see you pop up again soon..!
    Love Puzz. x
    Christmas 2020 £109
    I love my dmp started in Nov 13 with SC. Self Managed 2016 57% done
    £60062/25384.84 - 13222.60k UE

MY DIARY
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4768685
  • liltdiddylilt
    liltdiddylilt Posts: 4,117 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Omeprazole Puzz?

Hope you are ok NOAh - I've been missing for a while but just checking back in and slowly catching up. I am fighting with my own weight and have been on this low carb diet to stop my migraines. It is working on that front but I found that when I blew it all out for the first time in weeks on some serious carbs (Pizza, garlic bread, nachos, cookie dough and ice cream :o:o:o) I got the worst reflux of my life, far worse than when I was pregnant and it controlled me for 9 months in fact! Have you thought about cutting the carbs out of your evening meals?

Big hugs xxx
    Virtual Pot #25 £0.00/£350.00
    A black belt only covers 2 inches of your a$$ - You have to cover the rest yourself - Royce Gracie
  • Puzzcat
    Puzzcat Posts: 4,200 Forumite
    Options
    Omeprazole Puzz?

Hope you are ok NOAh - I've been missing for a while but just checking back in and slowly catching up. I am fighting with my own weight and have been on this low carb diet to stop my migraines. It is working on that front but I found that when I blew it all out for the first time in weeks on some serious carbs (Pizza, garlic bread, nachos, cookie dough and ice cream :o:o:o) I got the worst reflux of my life, far worse than when I was pregnant and it controlled me for 9 months in fact! Have you thought about cutting the carbs out of your evening meals?

Big hugs xxx

Yep that's the one! Tomatoes are the killer for me!!!
    Puzz.x
    Christmas 2020 £109
    I love my dmp started in Nov 13 with SC. Self Managed 2016 57% done
    £60062/25384.84 - 13222.60k UE

MY DIARY
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4768685
  • grannyx2
    grannyx2 Posts: 3,455 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello honey, just popping in to say I'm back. Oz was amazing, I'm missing DD and her beautiful little cat loads and wishing I was able to do the same trip every year. I missed everyone at home but was so relaxed over there I wanted it to go on forever.

Granny x
    Targets
    Trip to Australia (On hold until 2022 now) to meet new grandson born jan 21!

Lose 84lbs. Update (minus 65lbs mostly during lockdown as of 18.05.21)

LBM : July 11 - £56,962
    DEBT FREE 21-05-21
    MORTGAGE FREE 13-06-18

Loving my kitty cat

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/3958715/return-to-solvency/p1
  • NoOneAround
    Options
    grannyx2 wrote: »
    Hello honey, just popping in to say I'm back. Oz was amazing, I'm missing DD and her beautiful little cat loads and wishing I was able to do the same trip every year. I missed everyone at home but was so relaxed over there I wanted it to go on forever.

Granny x

Welcome home Granny,:j Lovely to have your back:). I'll bet everyone was so happy to see you after your extended holiday and also that DD is missing you already. Who knows.....maybe you will be able to do the trip every year... a lottery win would come in very handy!
    At some point this week I till try and catch up with everyone as it is half term. I am debating on whether to post a pic of what my house looks like at the moment, but feel I couldn't handle the embarrassment - its like a tornado spun through every room and left it topsy turvy, so am trying to work out where to start.:o
    Love n Hugs
    xx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure