Options

Comments

• NoOneAround
    NoOneAround Posts: 1,822 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    brizzledfw wrote: »
    Hi NOA :wave:

Hope you’re doing great...last few days seem very constructive despite this miserable weather... planning to catch up over next few days on the diaries...

Have a great weekend x

You're back :) Hope you had a wonderful time, will pop over and see this afternoon :)
    NOA
    xx
    Feb2014 Total unsecured debt £72,520>>01/06/16 £68166>01/02/17 £66,600=8.18%PAID
    Mortgage Jan14=209,800 Jan15=£200,300 Jan17£180,700>OCT17 £170,200
    Health/Fitness Challenges Priority#1 Stay Fit and healthy - whatever it takes:)
    Wombling Free Cash May2016 £51
  • Igamogam
    Igamogam Posts: 6,024 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Today.....:o The moment you realise you've done the VAT return/paid a month early.....:o:o it was due 7th Feb not 7th Jan
    That's a first, shows how befuddled my head is at the moment.

Nope..........you have gained time. Always a bonus ;)
    Be the change you want to see -with apologies to Gandhi :o
    In gardens, beauty is a by-product. The main business is sex and death. ~Sam Llewelyn
    'On the internet no one knows you are a cat' :) ;)
  • NoOneAround
    Options
    Good Morning :)
    Igamogam - you're right - it's ticked off the list :)

Yesterday:-
    1) Exchanged tablecloth @JL, suspect this one may be too small, will see what mum thinks, she didn't like too much over hang.
    2) Found a bargain scarf at 7.50 (doen from 25) very soft and warm and textured at Monsewn and a shawl at accessoriesz £17 but will get a lot of use by me, if DD doesn't steal it :rotfl:
    3) Also "Spent" 6K steps therefore but car parking came to nearly £7 :( All purchased from money mum gave us each for Xmas.

Feeling very stressed at the mo because creditor keeps calling (I know its them as I picked up phone accidently yesterday thinking it was mum ringing back. trying to tell me account is overdrawn as they are still adding £70 per month interest. at wits end, have spoken to them 3 times in Jan but haven't written yet, need to get my head straight to explain it all in writing, and ask them to stop calling , which I did verbally in last two calls. They (I am sure it was them but no number came up ) at 6.45 this am and then again at 7.50am. I was in deep sleep when phone first rang (I take it upstairs in case mum ever needs to ring). It jolted me awake and I've been shaky ever since. I am registered on TPS so now have very few other nuisance calls.
    Looking up a few post and googling - its HS*B*C and quite a lot comes up about them harrassing so I guess its not just me. I haven't felt this shaken since 3 years ago when I first joined MSE and used to dread speaking to creditors. Might take the best part of the day to draft up letter. They have sold on 2 of the accounts and still have another which as far as I know they are not adding interest on as its been passed on to the next dept called repayment services, but am now worried that they might change tact on that too.

Grateful that I am at home this weekend because mum has a wedding to go to local to her :)

Best get on with things, starting with blitz on kitchen, then DS to help me hoover cobwebs when he gets up!
    Have a good weekend :) Very grey and wet and cold here.
    NOA
    x
    Feb2014 Total unsecured debt £72,520>>01/06/16 £68166>01/02/17 £66,600=8.18%PAID
  • Treadingonplaymobil
    Options
    Oh you poor thing, that’s so stressful. Taking the time to write the letter ASAP sounds sensible.
    Trying to figure out a whole new life. Trying to figure out a whole new budget.
    Divorcing, unclear on final debt total right now, but focusing on building a financial buffer zone.
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,223 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    We have a system where we tend to leave the phone and check once they've hung up! That way, if it's DH's father, who may need our help, we can get right back to him, but we can generally screen out the nuisance calls (TPS doesn't always work).

Horrible to get woken by calls like that, and it must set your day off on the wrong foot entirely. Once the letter is written hopefully they will stop ringing.
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons, dress 7 coupons = 12/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • NoOneAround
    Options
    Oh you poor thing, that’s so stressful. Taking the time to write the letter ASAP sounds sensible.
    We have a system where we tend to leave the phone and check once they've hung up! That way, if it's DH's father, who may need our help, we can get right back to him, but we can generally screen out the nuisance calls (TPS doesn't always work).

Horrible to get woken by calls like that, and it must set your day off on the wrong foot entirely. Once the letter is written hopefully they will stop ringing.

Thanks TOPM and Cherry.
    I answered th e call by mistake, was expecting mum to call back, thought it was her :(

Wrote the letter, ready to post tomorrow.
    typed up two new quotes, fingers crossed.
    Did a fair bit of cleaning up with help from DS - never enough is it :o:o
    Lots of washing done, shopping and chicken pie made tonight with enough left over for tomorrow - so can focus on accounts tomorrow (hopefully).

Very tired so off to bed - nite nite :)

NOA
    x
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,223 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Great to have the letter written. Harassing customers is really not acceptable.

Sleep well :)
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons, dress 7 coupons = 12/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • NoOneAround
    Options
    Good Morning :)
    School run done, have a splitting headache this morning, have one most days which I just tend to ignore , I only notice on days that its worse. Also have my 6 month (but its actually 8) consultants appt today at lunch time. So I have to do my legs:o have lived in jeans/trousers so always covered up :o as they always check joints. Made me smile that I'm so lazy. There was chat on R4 this morning about how many young women miss there cervical screening appts due to embarrassment. Also need to write down list of questions as likely will need to up meds.

Will try and get organised to go to bank at same time, have paying in to do from the voluntary work, plus some cheques of my own. A little unexpected bonus as have been sent a replacement dividend cheque from one I never received in 2014 :) over £100 :) and they wrote to say it will be written off unless I contacted them (which I did a few weeks ago).

I also decided to go into big city tomorrow to meet sibling for the day. Train will be expensive but I promised myself I will try and do more nice things this year.

I must be feeling very guilty as I keep having dreams about friends I haven't seen in a while.

So that's a random selection of thoughts:rotfl:
    Have a good MOnday everyone :)
    NOA (off to do m y legs:rotfl::o)
    x
  • Puzzcat
    Puzzcat Posts: 4,200 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Noah,

Glad you got that letter written and I hope you put in it you will only communicate in writing...I don't even have my house phone plugged in so my creditors have no choice but to write..:rotfl:

Hairy legs.. umm.. mine are like a wilder beast's.. keep thinking of doing them but would miss the warmth...:rotfl:

Hope you have a good day and all goes well with your appointment..

Love Puzz. x
    Christmas 2020 £109
    I love my dmp started in Nov 13 with SC. Self Managed 2016 57% done
    £60062/25384.84 - 13222.60k UE

MY DIARY
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4768685
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You made me laugh about your legs, I have felt that yuck haven’t done mine for2 weeks . Anyhow I have managed it tonight , I was enjoying the steam from the bath , made my cough feel better.

The dividend cheque was a nice surprise £100 not to be sniffed at .

Hope the pesky creditors leave you alone when they get your letter.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback