Making a move on debt

Options

Comments

• muppets
    muppets Posts: 1,476 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Need to get a ToDo list going for the rest of this weekend and next week.
    Adding some of the jobs done yesterday so I have more to tick off lol

Wash load 1 DONE
    Wash load 2 DONE

Send hours to work #1 DONE
    Send hours to work#2
    Post 1st lot of wedding invites DONE
    Address and Post 2nd lot of wedding invites
    Check meters DONE
    Change gas/elec supplier DONE

Work washing
    Find and order suit of OH
    Find and order wedding clothes and shoes for me
    Order my JP products
    Take form to CityHall
    Post hopsital receipt in Health Fund's letterbox
    Ring about our boiler being serviced
    Pay yearly property tax
    Order work #2 products
    Wash winter duvet
    Pay taxes OH (If they come in post)
    Pay taxes Me (If they come in post)
    Finish watching Prison Break series 4 and 5
    Catch up on recorded TV
    Self Employed work - WORK IN PROGRESS, Needs doing daily.

It's nearly lunch time here so will watch some tv while I eat.
    PAYDBX 2020 - #01 Pd £15,029.29 / £13,140.66 - 114% 🎉

MFiT-T5 #36
    3-6 mth EF #5
    €2,445 / 11,100
    Mortgage - PD 126,846.35/ 271,495.07 46.72%[ MF was Aug 2038 now Sept 2035 😲
  • muppets
    Options
    muppets wrote: »
    Need to get a ToDo list going for the rest of this weekend and next week.
    Adding some of the jobs done yesterday so I have more to tick off lol

Send hours to work#2
    Address and Post 2nd lot of wedding invites - Still need 1 more address then will post
    Work washing
    Order my JP products
    Take form to CityHall
    Post hospital receipt in Health Fund's letterbox waiting till after Wed, will have another
    Pay yearly property tax DONE
    Order work #2 products
    Wash winter duvet
    Catch up on recorded TV
    Printer Ink

Well not much further with the list, only paid Property tax, but did also pay cable bill (TV/Phone/Mobiles/Internet)

Yesterday would have been a NSD apart from OH needing tobacco and filter tubes, so not too bad on spends.

MFiT-T5 #36
    3-6 mth EF #5
    €2,445 / 11,100
  • muppets
    Options
    Not much done from my ToDo list, a few items crossed off today.

Send hours to work#2 Last weeks
    Address and Post 2nd lot of wedding invites - Still need 1 more address then will post
    Work washing - Half done, still have another half machine full to do, Will wait till I have a full machine to do the rest.
    Order my JP products
    Take form to CityHall - DONE, all forms for my wedding now in.
    Post hospital receipt in Health Fund's letterbox waiting till after Wed, will have another
    Order work #2 products - Need printer ink to print out from.
    Wash winter duvet
    Catch up on recorded TV
    Printer Ink

Today we also collected and paid for our wedding rings. 250€ deposit paid 2 weeks ago. Final 602€ paid today when we collected them.

Apart from that no other spends or news.

MFiT-T5 #36
    3-6 mth EF #5
    €2,445 / 11,100
  • muppets
    Options
    Been a Spendy few days, most unplanned but was covered by money in the pots.

6 weeks ago I started getting pains in my chest/ribs, decided to go to the Dr as I had this same pain a few months back, last time the pain lasted about 3 months, and went away on it's own.
    A few weeks back I went to the Dr about the pains and was sent to physio, since then I have had an x-ray and they found nothing on the x-ray. Last Wednesday the decided I needed to have a skeleton scan, so this Wed I had to have radio active substance injected into me, this was at 10.30am I had to then wait until 3pm for the scan. Inbetween this time I had to drink 1.5 litres of water, to make sure the substance went all around my body to where it needed to be. Before the scan I had to make sure I went to the tolet to make sure all the water and substance was out of me before the scan.

The results of the scan were not so great, it turns out for the last 6 weeks I have had a fractured rib and not know. Since I have not had a knock or bump I have no idea how I fractured my rib, they decided that I needed more tests to make sure that I don't have Osteoporosis. I had a blood test done and will get the results on Wednesday, I have another scan booked in for Wednesday and should find out more then.

The Dr has given me stronger pain killers for the pain, which I got today and so far they seem to be working and I have hardly any pain.

Both the last 2 physio appointments I have paid 30€ for each appointment, the bills for the scan and blood test will be be sent through the post. These will have already had some money paid towards them from the health fund, the 2 appointments I have had to pay the full cost and can claim some of the cost back for these.

MFiT-T5 #36
    3-6 mth EF #5
    €2,445 / 11,100
  • muppets
    Options
    Updated ToDo list.

Send this weeks work hours work #1
    Send this weeks work hours work #2
    Order my JP products
    Post hospital receipts in Health Fund's letterbox waiting till after next Wed, will have a 3rd to claim back for
    Order work #2 products - Will do with this weeks hours.
    Wash winter duvet, - will wash when there is less other washing to.
    Pay taxes OH (If they come in post) - Still not had yet
    Pay taxes Me (If they come in post) -
    Still not had yet
    Finish watching Prison Break series 4 and 5- Not had time
    Pay water bill.
    Catch up on recorded TV - Been watching some each day.
    Printer Ink - Finally bought
    Self Employed work - WORK IN PROGRESS, Needs doing daily. Not done much this week, haven't felt so great since Wednesday.

Some more items added to the list, need to make more effort to do some off the list.

MFiT-T5 #36
    3-6 mth EF #5
    €2,445 / 11,100
  • muppets
    Options
    muppets wrote: »
    Updated ToDo list.

Washing #1
    Washing #2 (Whites)

Send this weeks work hours work #1
    Send this weeks work hours work #2

Address and Post 2nd lot of wedding invites -
    Post 3rd lot of wedding invites - Still need 2 more address then will post
    Order my JP products - Waiting till end of month is poss.
    Post hospital receipts in Health Fund's letterbox - waiting till after next Wed, will have a 3rd to claim back for
    Order work #2 products - Will do with this weeks hours.
    Wash winter duvet, - will wash when there is less other washing to.
    Pay water bill.
    Work washing
    - do rest when full machine or end of month.
    Hoover living room and stairs.
    Catch up on recorded TV -
    Self Employed work - WORK IN PROGRESS,

A few more jobs added to the list, have managed to cross a few off between yesterday and today. Want to try and get some more crossed off this weekend or this week. Have a longer list that needs doing but will wait to add that here, otherwise it's too daunting to see it all.

MFiT-T5 #36
    3-6 mth EF #5
    €2,445 / 11,100
  • muppets
    Options
    On Friday 1 of the unplanned spends was a Garmin vivosmart hr, it is just like the fitbit, but this had the heart rate monitor which the same in fitbit version didn't and this was 10€ cheaper. So this was ordered on the Friday in the store and was advised they would deliver it Saturday,
    Can you believe it the post came on saturday at 9.15 am in the week it hardly ever comes before 11am. So the postman put a card through the box saying they would try and deliver it again on Monday. I work Monday till after 11.30, i'm hoping they don't come till i'm home.
    Usually if you are not home they take the item to the collecting point the next working day, apparantly with Saturday post if you are not home then, they try again on the Monday, if you are then not home again, then they take it to the collection point. So might be waiting until Tuesday for this now. :(:(

Yesterday OH wanted to get something from one of the stores, so I went with him as I had missed the post, while we were out OH decided to stop for a coffee, 6.40€ for a coffee and hot chocolate I didhave cream with my chocolate though. Not a planned spend but was enough in the pot to cover this.

Nothing else spent yesterday, so that was all good.

Nothing will be spent today as any shops open this morning will all be closed by 1.30pm :)

MFiT-T5 #36
    3-6 mth EF #5
    €2,445 / 11,100
  • muppets
    Options
    Last Wednesday I had another scan to find out if I have Osteoporosis, the blood tests and scan both show that I don't. I do however have something called Osteopenia, which means that my bone density is lower than normal peak density, but not low enough to be classified as osteoporosis. Having osteopenia means there is a greater risk that, as time passes, I may develop osteoporosis. Another payment of 30€ for the appointment, some of that I wil; get back from the health fund, not sure how much I get back though, just need to wait and see when it arrives in my bank account. The bill for the scan will be sent by post. Prob have to wait till December for the bill, they will have taken off the amount that the health fund would pay and then I pay the rest.

I was lucky that I was home when they delivered my Garmin last week, so far very pleased with it. I do more steps in a day then I thought, but am not surprised as I walk a lot in my job. Sunday was as expected the least amount of walking done, The Garmin gives me a target of 75552 steps to do each day, every day except Sunday I do more then that. Sunday though I failed my steps count by 2000 odd steps.

MFiT-T5 #36
    3-6 mth EF #5
    €2,445 / 11,100
  • muppets
    Options
    Updated ToDo list.

Send hours to work#Done
    Send this weeks work hours work #1 Done
    Send this weeks work hours work #2 Done
    Address and Post 2nd lot of wedding invites - Done

Post 3rd lot of wedding invites - Still need 1 more address then will post last 2
    Order my JP products - Ordered just what I am running out of, need to order rest next month
    Post hospital receipts in Health Fund's letterbox - Done
    Order work #2 products - Done.
    Pay water bill. - Done
    Work washing
    - do rest when full machine or end of month.
    Catch up on recorded TV - Work in progress
    Self Employed work - WORK IN PROGRESS,

Also this week we have been to Aldi just to get the water we need for the rest of this month and enough till a week Saturday.

Collected OH medication
    Updated YNAB

MFiT-T5 #36
    3-6 mth EF #5
    €2,445 / 11,100
  • muppets
    Options
    Another long absence from me.

Wedding - The wedding is now just 2 days away. Mostly all has been cash flowed, there will be just under €1000 that we will use from our long term savings. We will aim to get this paid back to ourselves as and when.

Work - is work. The company that we work for contracts both OH and I out to the city. The contract between our company and the city is up for renewal and our company has to re-bid for the new contract. The existing contract ends on 31st Dec. So from 1st Jan OH and I could be out of work. We probably won't hear anything from our company until the very last few days, this is how late they left it last time.

S/E work and health- is connected and is going okay, making a bit of money on that. I have managed to lose over 1 stone and drop 2 dress sizes between April and July and have been maintaining my weight since. I have had a few neg comments about my weight, 2 people think I need to put weight back on, am expecting a few more comments this weekend. Now while I do respect the opinion of others I do feel that being a size 8 is not too thin. My health is a lot better since I started losing the weight and my confidence has grown so much. The neg comments have come from people who need to lose a few lbs themselves and complain they need to lose weight, but won't do nothing about it. The dress I am wearing to the wedding is a nice fit, had I not lost weight, I would never wear the dress I am wearing.

Debts - The debts are nearly all paid off, there is 1 that I am struggling to decide what to do with. We have just received our annual bonus from work, while this money will cover 1 debt and clear it completely. The dilemma is to do with our working hours next year. (See more above) If I use my bonus and next year we have no work, then the money could be used to pay some bills etc. If I use the money, then at least I don't have to send the money over to the UK and be charged £2 each month for the privilege of doing so. I am so close to being debt free I can almost taste it. There is still 1 debt that is in dispute that I am not counting until I know for def, I do have this debt still showing on my debt snowball, but until I have to start paying on it again I don't think of it as a debt. lol

Bills - A few Bills that have come this week and need paying, will get that done today otherwise they will be left until next week or forgotten about.

Money - Money wise we are doing okay at the moment. We put the money for the yearly bills aside each month and save until they are needed. We have 2 months emergency saved on top of the yearly bills money. We did cash flow a car earlier this year, which we did have to use some of our savings to do so, we are paying ourselves back for this.
    Money is still being put into our pensions each month and we have a free investment plan, which we can put as much or as little as we like in each year. Need to get that topped up this year to what I had said I would.

Need to get myself a list of to-do's for today and the next few days otherwise I will probably forget something.

MFiT-T5 #36
    3-6 mth EF #5
    €2,445 / 11,100
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure