We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Weekly Flylady Thread 18th August 2014

1…212223242527»

Comments

  • mummyroysof3
    mummyroysof3 Posts: 4,566 Forumite
    Just came across a thread about reduced karcher window vacs so went to order one from tesco only to find I had vouchers I didn't know about so cost 22 instead of 55 for vac and a rubbish bin yay
    Have a Bsc Hons open degree from the Open University 2015 :j:D:eek::T
  • 2childmum
    2childmum Posts: 240 Forumite
    I have come to a decision - I think trying to do the lists on here may not work terribly well for me as some days I have loads more time than others so what I do do is a bit unbalanced if that makes sense. The day I had 3 days' worth of lists and kept cycling round doing one thing from each list I seemed to get more done and more rooms got at list a little done, so I think I have a plan. I'm going to print off the previous week's list and do that! One thing from each list at a time, cycling around them, and trying to be strict and not leave out the stuff I don't like doing. It's worth a try anyway!

    Today I make lovely wraps for a picnic, instead of the usual sandwiches. I was very pleased with myself until DD told me she didn't like them :(. Never mind, she hasn't starved!

    I washed and hang out DS new shirts for sixth form and DH is now ironing them, along with other stuff. He ironed loads last night too - bless him!

    I also cooked dinner and DS has just finished clearing the kitchen, and I've put some towels into wash - I'm hoping that clearing the drain may have cured the dryer problem - DH has one more idea and then i shall have to call someone in.

    I now need to meal plan and write a shopping list - still trying to empty the freezer ready to defrost. The lawn is covered in apples but I can't do much with then until the freezer is defrosted, when I shall try to at least chop and freeze some of them.

    And the gerbils need feeding, and I need to do a bit of a tidy round, but that will be about it for today

    Sleep well, especially those of you who are struggling
    May spend - £291.40/£320.00
    June spend - £106.40/£320.00
  • Dustykitten
    Dustykitten Posts: 16,507 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Evening all been helping out at the cricket club most of the day so cream crackered. DS2 and I have just scoffed some tinned soup and DS3 fish fingers and chips - not healthy by any means but has filled a gap.

    Like lots of you I really need to meal plan and get some healthy food going on next week, hopefully my supplements will help but need to see if I can boost my diet.

    I'll get to the list in a minute, apologies for the lateness.
    The birds of sadness may fly overhead but don't let them nest in your hair
  • Dustykitten
    Dustykitten Posts: 16,507 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    The birds of sadness may fly overhead but don't let them nest in your hair
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.