BookWorm's MFW Chapter

Options

Comments

• CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,120 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Tidy house = tidy mind. I am well overdue a decluttering session here and know I will feel so much better when it is done. Just lacking the time/motivation to get started!

Hope it doesn't take too long to get ornament replaced.
    May 2024 - part 1 - £29,628 part 2 - £24,612 Total - £54,240 42 months to go!
  • BookWorm
    BookWorm Posts: 2,466 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    CathT wrote: »
    Tidy house = tidy mind. I am well overdue a decluttering session here and know I will feel so much better when it is done. Just lacking the time/motivation to get started!

Hope it doesn't take too long to get ornament replaced.

Thanks Cath :)

Yep it was a task I had been putting off so extra pleased in that sense that it's now done. Just wish there was a way to stop dust from occuring! :cool:
  • BookWorm
    Options
    I got up with an alarm today in readinesss for being back at work tomorrow and it was :eek: when it went off. It will be even worse at 6am :(

The last day of a holiday always makes me think about work but I'm trying not to let it encroach too much on the valuable last few hours.

The weather looks sunny which after the last 2 days of grey drizzle is a welcome sight so planning on getting out for a walk later on

Have a great day

BW :)
  • BookWorm
    Options
    :o I have a confession to make - that yesterday was a very spendy day...

.... I've ordered a new electric cooker. The one I have was left by the previous owners and is very old. I don't even use the main oven (only the top one) as the handle doesn't work properly and I'm nervous of it when it's hot. I have limped on with it for 4 years but have decided enough is enough.

I had the relevant electric work done to upgrade ready for a new installation this week so hopefully it's good to go.

A new one is going to be better from an efficiency perspective so that must count for something right :cool:

I have paid for via cc but I do have the money to pay for it once the statement is due so not all bad ;)

2 weeks to wait...
  • Habibiboo
    Habibiboo Posts: 1,582 Forumite
    Options
    :wave:

Re the cooker spend ... Sometimes these things are short term pain for long term gain, from the efficiency point of view your new cooker will probably end up saving you money, it just doesn't feel like it when you have to fork out a larger sum (especially when a credit card's involved, even if it is just till payday)!

Well done with all the decluttering, especially all those books. My decluttered books from living room shelves are still in a stack in the workroom ... oops. Still pondering where to offload them to!

How frustrating about the Xmas gift, I'd be cross about that too. Here's hoping you'll get a timely replacement and refund for that extra payment. Hope the return to work isn't too grotty. x
    Stash busting 2014 45 / 60 (balls of yarn)!
    2014 Sealed Pot #2136 ?/£500
    House: Decluttering 322 / 365
    Original mortgage [STRIKE]£149,000[/STRIKE][STRIKE]£117,750[/STRIKE];[STRIKE]£112,500[/STRIKE] MFW 2014#69 GOAL 1: [STRIKE]£109 K April[/STRIKE] ;) GOAL 2: [STRIKE]£103 K by Sept[/STRIKE] ;) GOAL 3: < £100k by end of 2014 MF goal: Nov 2020 - 4 years early
  • BookWorm
    Options
    Thanks Hbbb :)

You are right about the cooker of course. I guess if I consider that I got 4 years of not having to buy one - that's a more positive spin too eh ;)

Re: the books. I took them to the charity shop and they didn't say no to them but they did seem to have plenty of shelves of them already!
    Many of them had been stacked up in my boxroom office or spare room and I was just fed up of looking at them.
  • midnight_child
    Options
    A confession hardly needed regards the broken cooker. Eating is not optional. ;)

MC
    Initial mortgage (Dec 2012) £108,000 3.84%APR MF date Jan 2038

Mortgage remaining £68285
    Daily interest £4.28
    MFW #14 £3746.90/£10,000
  • BookWorm
    Options
    A confession hardly needed regards the broken cooker. Eating is not optional. ;)

MC

When you put it like that.... :D
  • BookWorm
    Options
    Today was surprisingly ok. Back to work and no real issues to sort out :T Just hope it lasts for the rest of the week :p

4 more days til payday.....

BW
  • BookWorm
    Options
    Extra glad to be home today. It was a busy one at work. Lots of people seemed to be out or on courses and I was on my own for much of the time.

Also not helped that our phones were not accepting incoming calls. I know that might sound good but not when people are all calling your mobile instead (all at the same time!) :eek:

In money news....there has been an OP :T A massive one of.....£1.30.... :rotfl:It was a cashback payment that came in. Every little counts though eh?

BW :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure